Do you cook for your partner?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member anniesfaith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Do you cook for your partner?

Whether he is only your boyfriend now or fiance or already your husband who'd already stayed together with you. Do you cook for your partner?

If you are a person who can't cook, does this bother your partner? Because ultimately, you guys are going to create your own family now.

C'mon! Share leh!

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i am not really a good cook and he haven't try my cooking yet but he know i don't really know how to cook. after we are married, we will be staying with my parents and my mum cook everyday so we will just eat at home. even if next time we have our own flat, we will find a flat near my mum's place and go back for dinner. so my kitchen is just for display.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    i am not really a good cook and he haven't try my cooking yet but he know i don't really know how to cook. after we are married, we will be staying with my parents and my mum cook everyday so we will just eat at home. even if next time we have our own flat, we will find a flat near my mum's place and go back for dinner. so my kitchen is just for display.
    Actually, quite alot of my girl-friends tells me the same answer as you. They dont really cook.

And they find a place near mother, and mother could solve their problem.

But hor... i think, still need to learn cooking leh! Becoz in future if u got kids how?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by anniesfaith View Post
    Actually, quite alot of my girl-friends tells me the same answer as you. They dont really cook.

And they find a place near mother, and mother could solve their problem.

But hor... i think, still need to learn cooking leh! Becoz in future if u got kids how?
    know how to cook just that never cook for years ma... now don't have own kitchen and if i have one, i lazy to clean up after cooking. very tiring lor. baby young still ok cos my mum will look after for me and i will still be staying with my parents. we plan to get our own house in a few years time. anyway, me and my fiance plan is that we will ask our kids to go to my mum's place after he/she is done at school and all will have dinner at mum's place then head home together.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Wah! good wo. plan so far ahead liao...

For me, i have to cook. If i have the time, i cook almost everyday for my HTB.

And he say one of the happiest thing is to have home-cooked-food served infront of him.

Damn! Sounds like he wants a "mother" or rather a "maid".

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    LOL.... at least u know how to cook la. i anyhow cook lor... so i rather go my mum's place eat. haha...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    LOL.... at least u know how to cook la. i anyhow cook lor... so i rather go my mum's place eat. haha...
    I dunno how to cook one. But i have alot cookbook at home. Those cookbook are real stuffs written by Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson & etc. Well, they're not cheap. It cost between S$50+ to S$70+ for a book. And well, luckily the hungry monster is paying for most of my cookbook.

I do baking when I'm free. Need not say... sometimes it fails awfully.

And i think, it is important to learn cooking. Food is the thing that could keep a family sit together in one table. I wish i could have a bigger kitchen in future tho

PrincessCrystal, u should start learning cooking!!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I dunno how to cook one. But i have alot cookbook at home. Those cookbook are real stuffs written by Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson & etc. Well, they're not cheap. It cost between S$50+ to S$70+ for a book. And well, luckily the hungry monster is paying for most of my cookbook.

I do baking when I'm free. Need not say... sometimes it fails awfully.

And i think, it is important to learn cooking. Food is the thing that could keep a family sit together in one table. I wish i could have a bigger kitchen in future tho

PrincessCrystal, u should start learning cooking!!!
    wow.... he paid for the cookbooks. i think next time i will learn how to cook simple dishes from my mum. i did cooking myself when i was studying overseas and my housemate say very nice and ask me cook for her to eat everday. it was just simple dishes yet she like it so much.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow.... he paid for the cookbooks. i think next time i will learn how to cook simple dishes from my mum. i did cooking myself when i was studying overseas and my housemate say very nice and ask me cook for her to eat everday. it was just simple dishes yet she like it so much.
    Yea. I'm not as fortunate as you to have mummy by your side. I have to do it myself if i really wanna eat. I would just call my mom and ask how to cook this, how to cook that. Then, based on what she described, i just try it out.

Well, good food need not be complicated. As long as the ingredients are fresh, i think it wont taste awful.

Share with me the recipe of your signature dishes!

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I can't cook! haha! But luckily it doesn't bother my htb.
    Gonna start learning from my future MIL after marriage... haha...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yea. I'm not as fortunate as you to have mummy by your side. I have to do it myself if i really wanna eat. I would just call my mom and ask how to cook this, how to cook that. Then, based on what she described, i just try it out.

Well, good food need not be complicated. As long as the ingredients are fresh, i think it wont taste awful.

Share with me the recipe of your signature dishes!
    my specialty? hmmm..... everyone knows how to make it cos it is mashed potatoes and spaghetti! hahahahahaha.... thats what im best at! and simple frying of vegetables and marinating the chicken wings using ready made sauce and put in oven! LOLx

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    I can't cook! haha! But luckily it doesn't bother my htb.
    Gonna start learning from my future MIL after marriage... haha...
    Cookbook helps! And Cooking shows appear on TV also my fave channel nowadays

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my specialty? hmmm..... everyone knows how to make it cos it is mashed potatoes and spaghetti! hahahahahaha.... thats what im best at! and simple frying of vegetables and marinating the chicken wings using ready made sauce and put in oven! LOLx
    Grilled Chick Wings, Sphags, Mashed Potatoes. Basic lah. This is quite good enough to feed the husband and kids in future. Because u will improve further de mah.

I've got a friend, her signature dish is maggie mee. She have the ultimate ability to cook the rice into porridge! And the husband complaint to us "I boh-pian, cannot complain. Die die must eat. If not, she will angry".

Poor husband.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Cookbook helps! And Cooking shows appear on TV also my fave channel nowadays
    hahaha... i shall go get one soon and start experimenting! hahaha!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Grilled Chick Wings, Sphags, Mashed Potatoes. Basic lah. This is quite good enough to feed the husband and kids in future. Because u will improve further de mah.

I've got a friend, her signature dish is maggie mee. She have the ultimate ability to cook the rice into porridge! And the husband complaint to us "I boh-pian, cannot complain. Die die must eat. If not, she will angry".

Poor husband.
    i think mine are western style cos i learn most cooking when i was at Aust.

your friend so funny la.... maggie mee her signature dish. last time i also don't know how to cook rice lor... either too little water or too much. tried more than 10 times then succeed. stupid me... haha...