Do you cook for your partner? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member anniesfaith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    i think mine are western style cos i learn most cooking when i was at Aust.

your friend so funny la.... maggie mee her signature dish. last time i also don't know how to cook rice lor... either too little water or too much. tried more than 10 times then succeed. stupid me... haha...
    Because I'm a chinese. I could say most of the typical home cooked chinese food is quite easy. So, i dont really put in alot of effort to learn. All i do is to give my moma a buzz if I wanted to double confirm how it should be done.

And now, most of my cookbook are western. Hahas... You should see my cooking collection one day. I took most of the picture of my cooking.

Next time we shall share recipe

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by anniesfaith View Post
    Because I'm a chinese. I could say most of the typical home cooked chinese food is quite easy. So, i dont really put in alot of effort to learn. All i do is to give my moma a buzz if I wanted to double confirm how it should be done.

And now, most of my cookbook are western. Hahas... You should see my cooking collection one day. I took most of the picture of my cooking.

Next time we shall share recipe
    wow..... next time i go and check out your cooking collection.

Member starryz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hahaha Annie tell your friend hubby to pick up cooking too and make it a bonding time with his wifey haha then like that he wont complain le if he doesnt know how to cook too :P

I am gonna pick up some cooking skills too to make some nice dishes that cannot be commonly found in the kopitiams! Where did ya got your cooking books from Annie?

Junior Member 2korinto57 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    anyone has recipes to share?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by starryz View Post
    Hahaha Annie tell your friend hubby to pick up cooking too and make it a bonding time with his wifey haha then like that he wont complain le if he doesnt know how to cook too :P

I am gonna pick up some cooking skills too to make some nice dishes that cannot be commonly found in the kopitiams! Where did ya got your cooking books from Annie?
    Oh! That depends on which cuisines.

My cookbook has varieties of chinese and western.

For western, i normally buy Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver's cookbook from Borders bookstore. It's darn expensive loh! I have 5 Nigella Lawson's cookbook and 2 Jamie Oliver's cookbook at home

For chinese, i can buy anywhere lah. Bookstore loh. Those selling at NTUC one, sometimes can be quite good also. Especially publised by SEAHORSE publishing one. U have to see the ingredient they use, and also, the cook is more important. I wont buy cookbook with incorrect measurement, and the cookbook didnt mention which cook/chef wrote them.

And u can get good recipe from www.tastespotting.com too

Member rainne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks for the recommendation!! I am gonna head down to Borders to take a look. I think cooking is fun and I wanna take up cooking as a hobby hee..

Btw I always hear from ppl that cooking chinese food relies on how hot the fire is and the need to vary the fire etc to come up with yummy dishes. Does the cook chinese cook book mentions about how big the fire must be? I supposed thats gonna be quite hard to measure? haha

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by rainne View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation!! I am gonna head down to Borders to take a look. I think cooking is fun and I wanna take up cooking as a hobby hee..

Btw I always hear from ppl that cooking chinese food relies on how hot the fire is and the need to vary the fire etc to come up with yummy dishes. Does the cook chinese cook book mentions about how big the fire must be? I supposed thats gonna be quite hard to measure? haha
    Actually, it really depends on what dishes you cook.

For example, when the oil and the wok is hot enough, then you can throw the greens inside and give it a good stir. Never put your veggies in the wok when the wok & oil is not hot enough. Because the veggie might end up taste bitter. This is what people teach me de la. Cookbook never write de la.

Those fire in our HDB flat... how good you want the fire to be? Unless you buy those Tze-Char kinda stove loh. Those round round one, looks like lotus shape one. Then, the fire will be different. But cooking for family, we dont really need those lah.

A good cookbook will teach u how to do, what to do, and what to avoid to achieve good result. Cheap cookbook will only tell u what to put. AND u have to be smart when you cook loh.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Actually, it really depends on what dishes you cook.

For example, when the oil and the wok is hot enough, then you can throw the greens inside and give it a good stir. Never put your veggies in the wok when the wok & oil is not hot enough. Because the veggie might end up taste bitter. This is what people teach me de la. Cookbook never write de la.

Those fire in our HDB flat... how good you want the fire to be? Unless you buy those Tze-Char kinda stove loh. Those round round one, looks like lotus shape one. Then, the fire will be different. But cooking for family, we dont really need those lah.

A good cookbook will teach u how to do, what to do, and what to avoid to achieve good result. Cheap cookbook will only tell u what to put. AND u have to be smart when you cook loh.
    next time i book appt with u drop by your house take a look at your collections. then u can shun bian cook some of your specialties for me to try. hahahaha.... oh ya, i saw those cookies you baked... makes me drool when i saw it cos cookies are my favourite!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    next time i book appt with u drop by your house take a look at your collections. then u can shun bian cook some of your specialties for me to try. hahahaha.... oh ya, i saw those cookies you baked... makes me drool when i saw it cos cookies are my favourite!
    Ehh? which album u see? There are two leh. One is Happy Baking. It is all about baking.
    And another one is From The Stove. Hahas...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ehh? which album u see? There are two leh. One is Happy Baking. It is all about baking.
    And another one is From The Stove. Hahas...
    im talking about cookies so is baking la. haha... your cookies really make me drool.....

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    im talking about cookies so is baking la. haha... your cookies really make me drool.....
    Well, I think I'm not good at baking cookies. I'm still learning. Hahas...
    Cake is slightly better. The successful percentage is higher. I throw away quite alot of chao-tar cookies liao leh.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Well, I think I'm not good at baking cookies. I'm still learning. Hahas...
    Cake is slightly better. The successful percentage is higher. I throw away quite alot of chao-tar cookies liao leh.
    hahaha.... chao-tar nevermind la. not very chao-tar still can eat. u make me feel like eating cookies now.

Member babydeer is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello guys! I'm actually learning to cook for my husband.

Senior Member emmaswan is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i'm still practicing. but my first tries wasn't bad

Member daintyribbons is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup! i'm learning to cook for him! taking culinary classes