Do you cook for your partner?

rainne

Thanks for the recommendation!! I am gonna head down to Borders to take a look. I think cooking is fun and I wanna take up cooking as a hobby hee..:tongue:

Btw I always hear from ppl that cooking chinese food relies on how hot the fire is and the need to vary the fire etc to come up with yummy dishes. Does the cook chinese cook book mentions about how big the fire must be? I supposed thats gonna be quite hard to measure? haha

anniesfaith

Thanks for the recommendation!! I am gonna head down to Borders to take a look. I think cooking is fun and I wanna take up cooking as a hobby hee..:tongue:

Btw I always hear from ppl that cooking chinese food relies on how hot the fire is and the need to vary the fire etc to come up with yummy dishes. Does the cook chinese cook book mentions about how big the fire must be? I supposed thats gonna be quite hard to measure? haha

Actually, it really depends on what dishes you cook.

For example, when the oil and the wok is hot enough, then you can throw the greens inside and give it a good stir. Never put your veggies in the wok when the wok & oil is not hot enough. Because the veggie might end up taste bitter. This is what people teach me de la. Cookbook never write de la.

Those fire in our HDB flat... how good you want the fire to be? Unless you buy those Tze-Char kinda stove loh. Those round round one, looks like lotus shape one. Then, the fire will be different. But cooking for family, we dont really need those lah.

A good cookbook will teach u how to do, what to do, and what to avoid to achieve good result. Cheap cookbook will only tell u what to put. AND u have to be smart when you cook loh.

PrincessCrystal

Actually, it really depends on what dishes you cook.

For example, when the oil and the wok is hot enough, then you can throw the greens inside and give it a good stir. Never put your veggies in the wok when the wok & oil is not hot enough. Because the veggie might end up taste bitter. This is what people teach me de la. Cookbook never write de la.

Those fire in our HDB flat... how good you want the fire to be? Unless you buy those Tze-Char kinda stove loh. Those round round one, looks like lotus shape one. Then, the fire will be different. But cooking for family, we dont really need those lah.

A good cookbook will teach u how to do, what to do, and what to avoid to achieve good result. Cheap cookbook will only tell u what to put. AND u have to be smart when you cook loh.

next time i book appt with u drop by your house take a look at your collections. then u can shun bian cook some of your specialties for me to try. hahahaha.... oh ya, i saw those cookies you baked... makes me drool when i saw it cos cookies are my favourite!

anniesfaith

next time i book appt with u drop by your house take a look at your collections. then u can shun bian cook some of your specialties for me to try. hahahaha.... oh ya, i saw those cookies you baked... makes me drool when i saw it cos cookies are my favourite!

Ehh? which album u see? There are two leh. One is Happy Baking. It is all about baking.
And another one is From The Stove. Hahas...

anniesfaith

im talking about cookies so is baking la. haha... your cookies really make me drool.....

Well, I think I'm not good at baking cookies. I'm still learning. Hahas...
Cake is slightly better. The successful percentage is higher. I throw away quite alot of chao-tar cookies liao leh.

PrincessCrystal

Well, I think I'm not good at baking cookies. I'm still learning. Hahas...
Cake is slightly better. The successful percentage is higher. I throw away quite alot of chao-tar cookies liao leh.

hahaha.... chao-tar nevermind la. not very chao-tar still can eat. u make me feel like eating cookies now.