Doing without Growing up Photo Montage

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Doing without Growing up Photo Montage

Intending to do without growing up montage and also morning highlight for the wedding lunch.
    Any other thing or activity to be carried out or show?

We seriously don't like the fact to show other our growing up and dating, facebook does have plenty of these.
    Any other idea what can be done?

One of them is animated love story, it seen to be pretty cute if the couple had an interesting first encounter.

Senior Member Glitzger is on a distinguished road Glitzger's Avatar
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Am intending to do w/o the growing up montage too.. Toying with idea of getting a band in to sing to make up..

Junior Member miyuki0 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can try taking pre-wedding music video.. look like mtv.. with story theme..

Senior Member carlise is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i was stressed about the growing up montage, so i decided not to have it because SO and i have too few young pictures to make up a montage. I feel that a video on how the pre-wedding shoots were done would be cool to watch. we will also be doing a pre-wedding video on how we met each other, at least i feel that will be more interesting.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    pre-wedding MTV is one of my choice too but need to check with my oversea PS if they can do it for us.
    I found a site doing animated love story, most people do how they met, I think this is quite interesting.
    Regardless how many people share the same idea, everyone's first encounter will always be unique and most guests do not know or remember the process.
    Band got a few different type too, 1 is sing on stage. Another 1 is going from table to table and sing songs according to their age group.
    I found the 2nd 1 to be more entertaining.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you can show photos from your dating process also... some pple like to see that.

My friend did for me a background slideshow that is projected thru the evening, with all my pre-wed photos... it was a nice background to have for those who had no time to view the photos at the cocktail / before the banquet.

fillers during dinner can include games too. my emcees threw that in, and the game was such a big hit!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by rojak View Post
    you can show photos from your dating process also... some pple like to see that.

My friend did for me a background slideshow that is projected thru the evening, with all my pre-wed photos... it was a nice background to have for those who had no time to view the photos at the cocktail / before the banquet.

fillers during dinner can include games too. my emcees threw that in, and the game was such a big hit!
    Rojak, got good emcee to recommend, how much will it cost?
    Attend my cousin wedding, he did slideshow of his prewedding throughout too with MAC slideshow, simple and nice.
    However if you do prewedding MTV, then not advisable, cause its almost the same thing.
    How about instant photographers? Instead of showing something, use the time to let photographers go around the banquet to take photos for different group with and without the couple. Guess some people like to keep a few nice image with their close friends.

Junior Member jasjas86 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    For us, we wont be having a photo montage. Instead, my cousin will compose a song for us and she will perform it. Then both of us will be doing a dance showcase plus a duet singing to make up for the lack of a photo montage. In fact, we won't even have cutting of cake and champagne pouring. =p

Member pienutbutter is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can someone pls explain what a without growing up montage is? tnx big help

Member mehmeh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi pienutbutter, a growing up montage is a montage of the couple which is showcased before the march in. It's a photo montage of the bride and groom growing up (baby, toddler, teenager photos) and also when the couple met and dated etc

As for ideas to replace the montage, maybe you can have an animated film of your love story and how you met or maybe just a simple photo montage of your pre wedding shoot

Member creamandmallows is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    animated love story is good. we did a growing up montage though but only used selected pics.