engagement ring or wedding band?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

engagement ring or wedding band?

Any girls here given a choice to purchase their own engagement rings? I've been thinking, if it is better to buy a solitaire+wedding band, or just invest the money in a super nice wedding band... coz buying 2 rings and wearing them together is not doing justice to either, might as well get one, isn't it? then again, a wedding band cannot be too nice because you're supposed to wear it daily. ARGH what a dilemma!! >.<

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    sorry please enlighten me about you talking about engagement ring. engagement right = proposal ring?

Junior Member Anthenis is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes.wedding ring is supposed to be more simple in design cos it is to wear on a daily basis. i thk solitaire is good for proposal ring..once in a lifetime.

Junior Member j0sephine is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you can stack both your engagement ring and wedding band on your left ring finger.
    or alternatively when nearing your AD, you shift your engagement ring to your right hand to allow your HTB to place your wedding band on your left hand.

Thats what i read and understand so far. haha have been researching for my wedding next year (:

Junior Member Tamiko is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i prefer to have both! proposal ring ( go out/ attend functions/ occasions) + wedding band (simple & classic for everyday wear)

Member rainne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I share the same view as Tamiko. I love solitaire diamond ring and i will normally wear that when attending functions or any special occasions.. normal day just wear the wedding band.

Junior Member Phiphi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I also agree to have both rings. If your HTB can afford to, why not?
    To me, I think it's also impt to get a good lasting design, not too fanciful or with too many diamonds for the wedding band becos u'll have to wear it daily for a very very long time.
    If you are not an absolutely dainty type of person, I also dun suggest getting the full eternity ring for the wedding band because it's not quite functional/practical. If you hit it against your keyboard or when you are holding onto any poles or opening a door, you'll hear the 'clang'.. heart pain.. even when my own ring hit against anything at all, my heart will skip a beat.lol
    just my 2 cents

Junior Member Kyklades is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My fiancé and I did the opposite... We picked out matching bands and he proposed at a timing of his choice w the ring. When I agreed then we both wore the matching rings for our rather long engagement. Now, as our wedding draws near, we went to pick out a diamond trilogy ring for me for use in photo shoot and AD etc. Totally opposite but it works for us I'm gonna wear the band for normal office days and the ring for other occasions!

Junior Member bigmouse is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My finace is an American and the western culture is to propose with a Diamond rind and have a wedding band on wedding day. After the wedding, both rings are soldered together to become one ring.
    For myself, we have decided to just have one nice classic diamond ring coz I don't want to have two rings soldered together. Have thought about practicality for daily wear but will try out first and worse case, will get a band on first anniversary ;-)

Junior Member zhg1984 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I believe both rings are needed, sooner or later

Member samson smith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Both the rings are more necessary in the life of wedding couple's.

Junior Member izanamiii is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It really depends on the budget... we chose my proposal ring tog but his proposal plan is otot. Proposal was last yr Xmas n we hv just bought our wedding bands from Cartier. Mine is the tank fracais ring. The slim one with diamonds.

Junior Member reu3406 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ring definitely, but maybe a band too will be nice

Junior Member Norqui is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think a band with a row of diamonds would be good enough, no need for the solitaire.

Junior Member lilybride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm having both. I had my engagement ring custom made for me and My wedding band will be also custom made. I'm having an really pretty eternity band as a wedding ring, so I can wear it daily (I still want something that looks great and sparkling even when I'm not wearing my E-ring