Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Junior Member WaterRain is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Np. hope to get a good deal from her

Member a1beng is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Anyone's coordinator is Noor 'Afifah who is Assistant Sales Manager?

Junior Member wywy83 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all! i m a 2012 btb with amara and my coordinator is violette. so far everything has been smooth so far

Junior Member slpingstarz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitzger View Post
    Did you liaise with Afifah? Thanks for the info..you've reassured me more... Coz I only looked at 2 locations and basically decide to go with Amara since their package is quite worth it..
    Hi Glitzger, Mind sharing with me for your package with Amara ? Thank you

rebecca_pei@hotmail.com

Member hongyl is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Just booked my wedding banquet with Amara.

Anyone managed to get a better deal than what they offered at the wedding show today( free flow beer, food tasting for 10 people, free solemization room etc)?

Senior Member godbirdie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Just to share my experience at my sis wedding at Amara in jan 2011.The food and service overall was fine until i found 2 dead insects at one of the dish unknowlingly after eating at VIP table! We regret not taking picture and informed my sister after it ended.It actually put off the idea of my wedding here.My sis also said should have used for negotiating the price if she had known earlier.So hopefully this is the rare case it would happen to anyone of u.

Junior Member natashalim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hey hongyl, me too i signed at the wedding show for my ad in Dec 13.. i also got same perks as you, their perks was stated on the paper right? actually i wanted free flow of wine too, but not possible.. then i researched, not many hotel provide free flow of wine except for a few.. what else you got?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    can you pm me then i share with you???
    one thing abt the ballroom is that the ceiling not high, heard only 10ft. but i like the starry feeling at the top of the ceiling and saw my friend's wd pics quite nice turnout.. reason why i chose amara is because of the long march-in cos i got military wedding, will be so nice with military, so i went for it.. i think they still extending the perks, i pm u now..

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Haha, normally people will speak about whatever hotel they had sign up for, who will want to sign up with one that they don't like? Natashalim, I think it is not fair to say godbirdie is a pooper, people are just giving comment, maybe they are just one time unlucky case with Amara? Actually it is a pity that Godbirdie family never point out to Amara as this will help them to improve on this pointer and we could see how tasteful Amara can do to compensate the couple, some hotel does it well. Example Grand Hyatt banquet apologise to the guest immediately and offer to dry clean her dress after their staff accidentally spill the shark fin on a lady.

I do had bad and good encounter with some hotels. Those are years back, why I mention only now is because I only start coming to this forum when its my turn to become a bride. Therefore it is very important to mention the month and year to see how recent is the issue.

Anyway, natashalim, I am going to have my AD in Dec 2013 too! Glad to meet you so it is fine to book banquet so early, Amara had the price for 2013 already or it remain the same as 2012?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Lets all try to get along? No point getting angry over other people's comments.

Jiemin: The price is about $30 more expensive than 2012.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Btw, natashalim, i didn't get more perks than what was given during the roadshow, just free solemization room and additional wine at $20 nett.

How about you?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    What i just feedback is based on own experience, i do hope to get along with each other and to show respect for each other when viewing their opinions.

between, my sis wedding was like S$800 nett per table for ard 25 table in Jan 11. She booked in 2010 and perks include free flow wine and beer!I do not know how she can get that gd price and it is on a sat, 22 Jan. Well, i did consider Amara when i saw the price but when i enquire and check with Amara, it wasnt that cheap anymore..sign..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi godbirdie, well i just find it funny why you have to repost your sister experience again after you have posted it before. I just find it really strange and have no idea why you did this.

Well i think we should get along.

anyway, i attended my bff wd there too, last time packages was so much cheaper, asked them why, and they said hotel always increase prices, and i asked if can give me the promotion price as before, but was rejected.. btw i really like the poolside, anyone got it complimentary? cos now need to pay 400 right??

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi natashalim,i just hope anyone of you dun face the same problem again as my sis, cos my sis was actually furious we didnt not tell her else she would have use it to negotiate for lower price. No one want this, esp at VIP table with my elders.if anyone of u face this, dun be like us, take pic and report to the manager. (touch wood). To be frank, i had unpleasant experience with my coordinator at M hotel, which later change.

like i said, Amara was really cheaper back then, but has since increase price comparable to M Hotel which is just opp. the only thing that you just bargain is free flow of wine and beer, cos that is the killer cost if ur guest continue...M hotel did not have free flow for my case when i sign up, which i later found out in later BOWS, they included in free flow.

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Dear BTBs, we hope to see peaceful sharing of comments and posts to help each other. Please refrain from posting comments that may cause hurt to other parties, there is the Private Message (PM) function if in need for private discussions. Rude comments to sow discord will not be tolerated. Have a good day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast