Feedback on Park Palace and Grand Banquet??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member faitheee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Feedback on Park Palace and Grand Banquet??

Hi,
    Does anyone has any review or feedback on Park Palace (Grand Park City Hall) and Grand Banquet (Hotel Royal at Queens), as well as both hotels' accommodation quality?

Junior Member Ken Peh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by faitheee View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone has any review or feedback on Park Palace (Grand Park City Hall) and Grand Banquet (Hotel Royal at Queens), as well as both hotels' accommodation quality?
    Hi Faith,

I am also considering this venue as a possible location for my wedding next year. I compared the price of menu between 2011 & 2012, and there is an increase of at least $120 - $200, which is quite substantial.

One of my colleagues went there before. His feedback was that it is a nice and conducive place suitable for wedding banquet.

Member silverautumn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    erm, perhaps you like to google for Hotel Royal @ Queens and take a look at their hotel building and entrance?
    it was one of our considerations too till i saw how the building and entrance looks like...

Junior Member Ken Peh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by silverautumn View Post
    erm, perhaps you like to google for Hotel Royal @ Queens and take a look at their hotel building and entrance?
    it was one of our considerations too till i saw how the building and entrance looks like...
    Hi SilverAutumn,

Yes I do agree with you. The exterior and lobby of GPCH does looks tired.

Member morningsun is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Peh View Post
    Hi SilverAutumn,

Yes I do agree with you. The exterior and lobby of GPCH does looks tired.
    I stepped in before and i felt 'tired'. lol.

Junior Member ela1n3 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I just had mine on 4/3/12. I had 38 tables and used the ballroom.

In all fairness, there is pro n cons to consider.
    1) Carpark is small and limited, no lift to carpark, that was one of the thing.
    2) Hotel looks abit old, as some would say, tired look.
    3) Hotel complimentary breakfast sucks.
    4) 38 tables in the ballroom was too many tables, so the aircon was not sufficient and some felt hot.

Other than that, I have nothing but praises for Jimmy, Ken, Andy and Alvin.

Especially Andy, he was very helpful in the whole thing, when we plan for the rehearsal, the video, the music and stuff.

Alvin is very quiet and probably new, but silently behind the scene he helped tremendously.. He was running in and out to help us check on the table and advise us when the table only got 2 person, he recommend us dun open the table. Then help us look for another table where there is space for the 2. So we do not have to open one more table for nothing.

Our package of 38 table is like, 36+2. So if we dont use 2 tables, still no charges, and if more than 2, we can come back and eat the other one.

Thanks to Alvin, we fully used 37 tables, so none is wasted.

We dabao food but the food went bad, and we asked Andy, and immediately he got us a pack of super delicious fried rice, on the house! They also packed for us the banquet food so we had a nice supper.

It is super worth it to have banquet there, free flow of all drinks including beer, hard liqour wine, the door gifts, even the wedding cards with the inserts, so it is like super fuss free all in package. They did a nice poster for us to put at the door, so you dont have to bring your 床头照 over.

My guests all complimented the food to be superb, they finished every single dish cleanly!
    The decoration is nice too, balloon for the kids to play, flower petals.
    And my guests love the door gift, they were snatching for it. It is a glowing flower so when it is on, the whole place is lit up very nicely during the march in when the place is dimmed.

Wonderful location, so near to bras basah circle line 2 min walk.

Thanks to them, the whole thing went very smoothly and nice, and due to the costs of it, I m proud to say I did made a nice profit from the banquet that covered ALL my wedding expenses with leftover for my honeymoon!

CHEERS!!!

Junior Member Blurq is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

coordinator

hi,

can i check who is your coordinator? how come so many names? I'm having mine at GPC in Oct. Christina is my coordinator. So far so good, but i feel she's very blur. Not proactive in sending me the ballroom themes for selection, nor offering additional freebies... how i wish i have thought of bargaining for the poster!!! I dun have any.

Junior Member june1985 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Blurq, Elaine should be saying about hotel royal @ queens as all the name I heard before as I will be holding my wedding there as well. Mine is Andy as Jimmy has posted to another branch. As for Ken I heard his name from another forum

Junior Member jason85 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by ela1n3 View Post
    I just had mine on 4/3/12. I had 38 tables and used the ballroom.

In all fairness, there is pro n cons to consider.
    1) Carpark is small and limited, no lift to carpark, that was one of the thing.
    2) Hotel looks abit old, as some would say, tired look.
    3) Hotel complimentary breakfast sucks.
    4) 38 tables in the ballroom was too many tables, so the aircon was not sufficient and some felt hot.

Other than that, I have nothing but praises for Jimmy, Ken, Andy and Alvin.

Especially Andy, he was very helpful in the whole thing, when we plan for the rehearsal, the video, the music and stuff.

Alvin is very quiet and probably new, but silently behind the scene he helped tremendously.. He was running in and out to help us check on the table and advise us when the table only got 2 person, he recommend us dun open the table. Then help us look for another table where there is space for the 2. So we do not have to open one more table for nothing.

Our package of 38 table is like, 36+2. So if we dont use 2 tables, still no charges, and if more than 2, we can come back and eat the other one.

Thanks to Alvin, we fully used 37 tables, so none is wasted.

We dabao food but the food went bad, and we asked Andy, and immediately he got us a pack of super delicious fried rice, on the house! They also packed for us the banquet food so we had a nice supper.

It is super worth it to have banquet there, free flow of all drinks including beer, hard liqour wine, the door gifts, even the wedding cards with the inserts, so it is like super fuss free all in package. They did a nice poster for us to put at the door, so you dont have to bring your 床头照 over.

My guests all complimented the food to be superb, they finished every single dish cleanly!
    The decoration is nice too, balloon for the kids to play, flower petals.
    And my guests love the door gift, they were snatching for it. It is a glowing flower so when it is on, the whole place is lit up very nicely during the march in when the place is dimmed.

Wonderful location, so near to bras basah circle line 2 min walk.

Thanks to them, the whole thing went very smoothly and nice, and due to the costs of it, I m proud to say I did made a nice profit from the banquet that covered ALL my wedding expenses with leftover for my honeymoon!

CHEERS!!!
    Wah...u got so many operation coordinators ar ?
    Jimmy, Ken, Andy and Alvin ?
    Can request for rehearsal ?
    Mine lunch banquet.
    So when's the best time to do the rehearsal & meet-up discussion with operation coordinators ?
    Kindly advise.
    Thanks.

Junior Member BTB0707 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all! Had my wedding on 7 July and just back from our honeymoon.

in case anyone is keen on having a good banquet, i would recommend Hotel Royal @ Queens. the restaurant Grand Banquet on L2 was just nice for our banquet. I really love the service provided by the manager Andy and staff (supervisor on AD was Vincent) there from start to finish (but with some heart-stopping moments like shortage of 100 wedding invite cards, but they were quick to push the printer for the reprints.. whewww...)

Also, there were some technical issues on AD when playing our childhood montage and mics had a lot of 'feedback' noise. luckily the manager saw my frown and gave me another mic so that i could address our guests. bride wasn't supposed to frown but then again... hahahaha...

Overall, still happy with the service and food. our Chinese guests commented that the food was good esp the last course of Or-nee, while the halal last course (fried rice) was cold when served. All other dishes not too bad. The restaurant even printed a nice and big poster of one of pre-wedding shots to place at the entrance, saved us the hassle of bringing our heavy bed-top picture over. i went to so many of my friends' wedding banquet, all of them had to bring their bed-top pics over, so this is a plus point for GB.

I like the guest room too. big and spacious for us but we had to book another room for our mums and sisters to do makeup. the hotel looks old on the outside but actually, the interior furnishings of the room are all very new. maybe they should clean up the facade, renovate it, and refresh the 70s-style hotel name and logo, more couples will then book their wedding banquet there. hehehehehe...

sad that we didn't manage to take back any of our wedding favours. we had two types, poker cards and mini UNOs. i really liked the mini-UNOs.. sighh.....

Junior Member beancurd is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will be holding my wedding at Grand Banquet this Dec 2012.

I liaise with Alvin, Vincent and Andy previously was Jimmy but heard he has left. Had my food tasting already, food was slightly saltish and I had inform them on this too. I love their cornflake prawn, sweet crunchy and nice! The best should be their desert Orh-Nee. Also collected my invite card with totally no errors, phew lol

I upgraded my free deluxe room to their service apartment for my family and my jie mei and brothers, scare the normal room is too squeeze to fit all of them. I will be holding my banquet on the 2nd level, hubby said their ballroom has too many 'blocked' and he don't like it.

I keeping my 'finger cross' for my actual day, hopefully everything will go smoothly

Junior Member jaskel1831 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi BTB0707 & Beancurd,

I also booked my wedding banquet at hotel royal @ queens, grand banquet. I will be holding mine on Nov 2013. Is it possible to share some more reviews or pictures? As i searched thru some forum... there are a few bad reviews which i am quite worry of....

May i know if want to upgrade the deluxe room to service apartment, how much additional cost we need to pay?

Really hope to hear from both of you soon! Thanks! (^.^)v

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jaskel1831 View Post
    Hi BTB0707 & Beancurd,

I also booked my wedding banquet at hotel royal @ queens, grand banquet. I will be holding mine on Nov 2013. Is it possible to share some more reviews or pictures? As i searched thru some forum... there are a few bad reviews which i am quite worry of....

May i know if want to upgrade the deluxe room to service apartment, how much additional cost we need to pay?

Really hope to hear from both of you soon! Thanks! (^.^)v
    Hi jaskel1831

Not sure where you read the bad review but try not worry too much, the co-ordinator there is very willing to help. Please keep your receipt well cos I lost mine and argue with them cos previously it was handle by Jimmy who has left. That's the only issue I had with them, the rest so far still okay.

By the way my AD is in Dec, keeping my 'toes' n 'finger' cross I upgrade my room for $180. I just find that the restaurant is abit cramp whereby their ballroom is more spacious but also more pillars. My invite already stated 2nd level which is the restaurant so not able to make any changes already

Your AD still have a year more, have fun and have a happy preparation

Junior Member jessangel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by beancurd View Post
    Hi jaskel1831

Not sure where you read the bad review but try not worry too much, the co-ordinator there is very willing to help. Please keep your receipt well cos I lost mine and argue with them cos previously it was handle by Jimmy who has left. That's the only issue I had with them, the rest so far still okay.

By the way my AD is in Dec, keeping my 'toes' n 'finger' cross I upgrade my room for $180. I just find that the restaurant is abit cramp whereby their ballroom is more spacious but also more pillars. My invite already stated 2nd level which is the restaurant so not able to make any changes already

Your AD still have a year more, have fun and have a happy preparation
    Hi beancurd & jaskel1831,

Do you have any pictures of the ballroom or restaurant? I'm very interested to have my wedding at grand banquet too.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jessangel View Post
    Hi beancurd & jaskel1831,

Do you have any pictures of the ballroom or restaurant? I'm very interested to have my wedding at grand banquet too.

Hi Jess may I have yr email?