Feeling Cold Feet...Help

+ Reply to Thread
    Member rosyspencers is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Feeling Cold Feet...Help

My brother is three months away from his marriage and he just told me last night that he was having second thoughts. He's been with his girlfriend for seven years and I know that he really loves her with all his heart. What advice do you think should I give him? Please help me.

Junior Member runawaygirl is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If he loves his fiance then why is he having second thoughts? Maybe something is bothering him. It could also be that he is worried about the lifetime commitment and that he suddenly felt that he is not ready. I don't know if you practice in your country a counseling prior to marriage. Before I got married with my husband, we attended a counseling for 2 days. We taught about the commitments, the expectations vs reality and all other marriage related topics. It helped us decide as an individual and couple if marrying each other is a right decision. Maybe that could help your brother too.

Junior Member florallure is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Pre-wedding jitters is quite common. He just needs to relax and remind himself again why he chose her and why she is the one. For a lifetime commitment, it's understandable that he's nervous and having second thoughts. Perhaps like what runawaygirl said, can go for counseling but first let the other party know about his thoughts and any concerns that he may have about their future. Work it out together!

Member rosyspencers is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thank you both for your wise advice!!! I talked to my brother about your suggestion to seek counseling and they decided to actually go to premarital counseling provided by BetterHelp. I believe that it is a good decision because it can really help them both to nurture and resolve issues if there are any before they get married. They will also be able to prepare themselves as a married couple. I really hope that they will achieve success and resole their conflicts with their decision.

Member fussy09love is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Just be attentive and take time to listen.. Maybe your brother has his reasons for having second thoughts about the marriage. Talk to him. It'll help a lot for sure!

Member alias_candy is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hear your brother out. It's important that he has someone there to listen in such troubling times