first step in choosing a wedding banquet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member DesBoon is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

first step in choosing a wedding banquet

Hi, I'm sure most couples planning to get hitch are clueless about how to get things started, Banquet, bridal studio, photography... so how do i get started??

Junior Member Bluemeliz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi DesBoon

I'm also in this confused state now

I do know that it is important to get your banquet venue settled first especially if your dates are "hot" ones. If you have any in mind, you may want to contact the hotel directly to set up an appointment with the wedding coordinators so that you can view the place!

Member miyabi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think most impt is to fix the AD date. do u intend to ROM first, then hold ur AD later? Or all at once on the same day.

1. Get auspicious dates from the geomancer (optional: cos depends whether both parties' parents are superstitious)
    2. Once u get hold of the dates, you can go forth with searching for the hotels based on whether ur AD falls on weekday/weekend,
    a rough estimation of how many tables (whether sufficient to meet with min. tables required by the Hotel).
    3. Find the Bridal Studio (whether you prefer local studio or overseas photoshoot)
    4. Look for your AD pg/vg. Or unless the ones u intend to hire are very popular, perhaps u can move it to up priority (2) or (3) first.

Hope this helps.

Junior Member blurdazzle is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    aNY good geomancer for recommendation?

Junior Member aquaelffe is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i did everything backwards

Junior Member jysy7980 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I choose bridal shop first as there is open date Can I ask if the banquet need to book how long in advance and how much deposit need to pay first? Sorry quite new here, tat y ask so much

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    miyabi's recommedation is good.

If you talking about weding day then have to get two things first which is:
    1. Get the date for your wedding.
    2. rough estimate number of guest for your dinner

having rough estimate number of guest will enable you to shortlist the hotel / venue that is able to accommodate to your number. Most places will have a minimum or maximum number of guest.

having the date will enable you to also shortlist your venue as if tat date is taken then you dun have to even go down to take a look liao.

jysy7980 book your banquet as soon as possible BUT book only when you get your date and rough number of guest. DO NOT book your banquet with open date. in this way you will not be force to change your date just because your venue is not avaliable.

Junior Member jerlin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    im going thru miyabi's step=)

i've gotten my wedding dates (2013) next will be banquet and bridal shoots. i think bridal shoots are open date so getting a banquet or bridal shoot (whichever u prefer 1st) should be fine.

for the banquet i'm budgeting around $1100 per table. any recommendations??

Junior Member inti101 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    perhaps you can consider mandrin orchard, marriott, or pan pac. they r abt that price range

Junior Member dancingpeonies is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm lost as well. Will probably need to get married in 2014 due to HDB. We plan to do everything in one day. Tea ceremony, church wedding and prolly a small luncheon/dinner. It's gonna be more or less a simple affair as we don't have much of a budget to work with. Lets say prolly 10K for everything. Is it possible?

Junior Member bridetobe00 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Same here Dpeonies, I am also lost as my flat is coming next year too... He haven even propose =(... But I am already looking around for venues and pre-wedding shoots le... Am I too kan cheong... hiazz....

Senior Member Charissa26 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can book pre wedding package first if u intend to take it overseas. Then hint him to propose faster cos planning/booking of venues and stuff requires time also..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ladies .... mine also did not propose at all lor ... we some how just went to Natas fair and some how just sign up the prewedding package overses one ... then I told him lets quick take scare they close down ... hahahah and he just say ok and we fix the date go down and take ... take liao come back every thing else follow lor .... and I am like one and a half months away frm my wedding date ....propose ... dun have leh ... seems like i did the propose instead !!! wahahhahah

but most Singaporeans go take flat is consider propose liao la .... (errrr am not trying to offend anyone here) ..

I feel dun go around look for all that yourself la ... unless your man is really those buzy people or those always out of town one la if not will be nice to go look around together ... doing things together will be great .... no doubt at times will meet those disagreement but then if you cant even goes through this together then wat else to talk after that ....

one of my girlfriend did hers all by herself and her hubby just arrive one day before their wedding day to "attend" their wedding !!! hahahhaha very funny but then till now ... 10 years liao they are still happily marry

Senior Member Charissa26 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine was like:-
    Me: Now pay low can get grant then wanna apply HDB anot?
    BF: okay lo try luck (Didnt know got it the first time)
    Me: Diamonds like increase price alot lei (He n me checked with our friends)
    BF: Okay lo, go see together

So i'm not waiting for my bf's so called "Pleasant Proposal". Hope dun let me wait another 6 months. 8 yrs together liao later my neck long.. Haha

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Charissa26 .... so you manage to get your diamond ring? and you guys 8 years liao!!