first step in choosing a wedding banquet - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Charissa26 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Tml lo going to JannPaul to collect our ring then wait for my Bf for proposal. My neck is long~!!!

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wahahah you are funny i am getting married end of June this year lor .... till now no proposal lor .... i dun think its going to happen at all for me .... drop him many hints liao .... that day I just told him i dun have a diamond ring ... and he told me ....."I am the biggest diamond for you liao" ..... I just chop my own neck short la .....

But hope you get yours la GOOD LUCK!!

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    agree with miyabi

dates wise, filter our the qing ming + hungry ghost festival period...pretty much 2 months wiped off the slate....unless both your families r not the pantang one

weekends r always hot dates to select, so gotta have a few dates in mind when you and your partner go down to site recee/attend the hotel wedding roadshows...whether the place got pillars/unblocked view does make a difference...

during the course of planning with my wife-to-be, we tot we r kiasu but there r other couples who r even more ahead than us even though they r getting married in end 2013 or early 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by miyabi View Post
    i think most impt is to fix the AD date. do u intend to ROM first, then hold ur AD later? Or all at once on the same day.

1. Get auspicious dates from the geomancer (optional: cos depends whether both parties' parents are superstitious)
    2. Once u get hold of the dates, you can go forth with searching for the hotels based on whether ur AD falls on weekday/weekend,
    a rough estimation of how many tables (whether sufficient to meet with min. tables required by the Hotel).
    3. Find the Bridal Studio (whether you prefer local studio or overseas photoshoot)
    4. Look for your AD pg/vg. Or unless the ones u intend to hire are very popular, perhaps u can move it to up priority (2) or (3) first.

Hope this helps.

Junior Member dancingpeonies is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine didn't propose to me too~ he says nowadays people don't really propose anymore. So i can say byebye to my romantic proposal since we took a huge leap for our flat.

Junior Member quailbaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello, you are not too kan cheong. I lagi KAN CHEONG.
    He only mention he is buying me ring this sat, and then i started to look around and trying to figure out what to prepare etc..
    hahaha

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by quailbaby View Post
    Hello, you are not too kan cheong. I lagi KAN CHEONG.
    He only mention he is buying me ring this sat, and then i started to look around and trying to figure out what to prepare etc..
    hahaha
    better prepare early rather than leave it till the tail end...and end up having many stress

Junior Member quailbaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1982 View Post
    better prepare early rather than leave it till the tail end...and end up having many stress
    Yes, true.. I am happy that my HTB is into this planning too.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by quailbaby View Post
    Yes, true.. I am happy that my HTB is into this planning too.
    plan together with future partner...can share the stress and opinion together...makes it more meaningful too!

Junior Member blurdolp is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I wanted to start planning for 2014 wedding, coz I don't like to leave it to last minute, get more stress etc...

but HTB says I'm too kan cheong, I'm making him stress

so i'm doing the planning by myself 1st...make it easier for him i guess

btw, he hasn't propose to me yet...& he even ask me if proposal must have a diamond ring...LOL

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by blurdolp View Post
    I wanted to start planning for 2014 wedding, coz I don't like to leave it to last minute, get more stress etc...

but HTB says I'm too kan cheong, I'm making him stress

so i'm doing the planning by myself 1st...make it easier for him i guess

btw, he hasn't propose to me yet...& he even ask me if proposal must have a diamond ring...LOL
    but i suppose taking small steps to plan is always better than leaving all till very late...stress build up + last min to activate any contingency plan etc...

i would rather have both BTB + HTB to do the planning together as part of bonding too...at least i am glad me and my fiancee r doing together...Also Can Strengthen Relationship too :P

Junior Member jessangel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i planning in early 2015 also start planning already..so you are not kan cheong..
    cos i think need to plan budget and make sure we got enough money when the time comes..so plan early is good..

HTB also havent propose but we already booked taiwan pre-wedding PS and AD BS..
    after he propose and we can go to geomancer for auspicious dates and start looking around for banquets..
    but i see the price of banquets increase so much yearly..feel a bit sian..haiz..marry later means more expensive..

Junior Member blurdolp is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jessangel View Post
    i planning in early 2015 also start planning already..so you are not kan cheong..
    cos i think need to plan budget and make sure we got enough money when the time comes..so plan early is good..

after he propose and we can go to geomancer for auspicious dates and start looking around for banquets..
    but i see the price of banquets increase so much yearly..feel a bit sian..haiz..marry later means more expensive..
    Ya I talked to my HTB so that he understands how I feel We will start to look for geomancer after the 7th mth, then look around for banquets & BS...
    I think these 2 are the most headaches...too many choices.

my HTB has propose yet but we already went to buy the proposal ring I can see that he made alot of efforts to get the ring I really like.

YES! Everything is so expensive!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by blurdolp View Post
    Ya I talked to my HTB so that he understands how I feel We will start to look for geomancer after the 7th mth, then look around for banquets & BS...
    I think these 2 are the most headaches...too many choices.

my HTB has propose yet but we already went to buy the proposal ring I can see that he made alot of efforts to get the ring I really like.

YES! Everything is so expensive!
    bear in mind tht the banquet pricing will be subject to yearly adjustment...so perhaps you and your partner have 1 place in mind already + the perks r ok for both of you = go for it and secure the dates early!

Junior Member ppeanut is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Its very important having a "intended date" to get married and booking the hotel that you want.
    I fixed my wedding date pretty late and my dream hotel is booked on my wedding date.....bummer....

Junior Member jeslyn1588 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jessangel View Post

same same!! but i'm planning mine in mid-2014.