French Wedding

yiyi03

Hi,
I went French Bridal yesterday for Gowns selection.
i think because of my size the gowns are quite limited,
however i've chose to use the MTM gown as stated in the contract!
Janice was the helper, she's very nice and Paulson was my coordinator.
I'm looking forward to Photoshoot in June! =]

karoru1985

Hi, I am in a dilemma now... have signed up with french bridal but my wedding is 2 years later..date might postpone due to budget not enough. should I give up the package?

blackpeace

Hi everyone, I just signed up with French Bridal as well during their fair at the Marriott Hotel today. Initially wasn't intending to sign anything but their package seemed pretty decent for the price and the shots that they showed me of some Perth pre-wedding shoots looked really not bad for a bridal studio.

jelly

Hi Karoru,

if im not wrong, the package is an open date one (for a period of 5 yrs); think you can hold onto it if u are not going to postpone it beyond that time. if not, perhaps you can ask french bridal if you can do a transfer of names, and then find someone to sell it to. but unless you managed to negotiate a good deal, ppl might not be that keen to get it from you, unless you sell it cheaper by a couple of hundred dollars?

riko

Think their in-hse MUA is Chris? duno how to spell..lol.
My MUA is Regine. Like the makeup and hairdo that she did for me on my ROM. Is it really necessary to use their ampoules? hmm...i tried to refuse and use my own but she said hers is better and more lasting. end up i was too engrossed in my own makeup that I forget to see what ampoule she used. >.<
Riko: =)...U got their in house MUA?

Cheryl Ee

I also just signed the package with FB during the bridal fair in Marriott recently...didn't try on their gown too! :(

I just wonder would there be additional charges on the gown if I would be taking the PS this year and my AD is only held next year?

Cheryl Ee

Hello Jelly! Did u manage to find the suitable gown durin ur last visit to FB? Mind to share with us? By right, are we suppose to choose gown and take PS on the same day?

kiatxin171006

I also just signed the package with FB during the bridal fair in Marriott
recently...didn't try on their gown too! :(

I just wonder would there be additional charges on the gown if I would be taking the PS this year and my AD is only held next year?
Hi Cheryl Ee! When is ur AD?? From what I know is that the gowns that we choose for PS will be the same as what u ar going to wear on ur AD.. Suggest that u choose ur gowns for PS 3 or 4mths before ur AD. Just like myself, my AD is in this coming Dec, therefore I'm choosing my gowns in July & will be having my PS in Aug. And after choosing ur gowns, some altering might be needed, therefore the PS will not be on the same day when u choose ur gowns.
Actually before this, I was thinking of having my PS in March, Karen suggested this to me as well, and I find that what Karen had suggested ar very useful.
Hope that this will help u a little!:))

jelly

Hi Cheryl, i just finalized my AD wedding gown last wkend. And ive also chosen the outdoor shoot gowns. The AD wedding gown and evening gown can onli be used for indoor shoot, and they have another range for the outdoor gowns-believe they r the older ones that are not in good enough condition as AD gowns. Anyway, back to the choosing of my gowns, i managed to kiv a couple of designs for the wedding gown on my first trip a mth ago, but i couldnt find any evening gown that i like. Decided to forgo their evening gown in exchange of something else. However, to French Bridal's credit, it isnt because the range is v limited - they just dont have gowns that r simple enough to my liking. As for the wedding gowns, my coordinator (Amy) was quite helpful. I couldnt make up my mind between two final choices, and she gave her input and quite patiently took out the gowns that she kept and let me try agn. From what i can see in the range of wedding gowns, quite a good variety i would say. There r some w realli nice, elaborate trains that are good for grander weddings - say a church wedding. There are some w lots of lace, beads and rather intricate designs and there are also simpler designs like mermaid cuts which i eventually chose. Shouldnt have any problems w finding one that u like.

As for mtm and otr, the former means made to measure so it will be a customized design for u. Otr means off the rack so it will be those that r alrd available. Of course, mtm will come at a higher price

Cheryl Ee

Hi Cheryl, i just finalized my AD wedding gown last wkend. And ive also chosen the outdoor shoot gowns. The AD wedding gown and evening gown can onli be used for indoor shoot, and they have another range for the outdoor gowns-believe they r the older ones that are not in good enough condition as AD gowns. Anyway, back to the choosing of my gowns, i managed to kiv a couple of designs for the wedding gown on my first trip a mth ago, but i couldnt find any evening gown that i like. Decided to forgo their evening gown in exchange of something else. However, to French Bridal's credit, it isnt because the range is v limited - they just dont have gowns that r simple enough to my liking. As for the wedding gowns, my coordinator (Amy) was quite helpful. I couldnt make up my mind between two final choices, and she gave her input and quite patiently took out the gowns that she kept and let me try agn. From what i can see in the range of wedding gowns, quite a good variety i would say. There r some w realli nice, elaborate trains that are good for grander weddings - say a church wedding. There are some w lots of lace, beads and rather intricate designs and there are also simpler designs like mermaid cuts which i eventually chose. Shouldnt have any problems w finding one that u like.

As for mtm and otr, the former means made to measure so it will be a customized design for u. Otr means off the rack so it will be those that r alrd available. Of course, mtm will come at a higher price

Hello! Thanks for your reply. The sales person told me that I can choose all the range including new and those off the rack, but the confirmation list that she wrote for me is "open choice, (OTR)", thus I felt puzzle when I was reading up the comments earlier on, where u all were talking about OTR and MTM. My sales person didn't tell Me abt MTM at all.;(

Cheryl Ee

Hi Cheryl Ee! When is ur AD?? From what I know is that the gowns that we choose for PS will be the same as what u ar going to wear on ur AD.. Suggest that u choose ur gowns for PS 3 or 4mths before ur AD. Just like myself, my AD is in this coming Dec, therefore I'm choosing my gowns in July & will be having my PS in Aug. And after choosing ur gowns, some altering might be needed, therefore the PS will not be on the same day when u choose ur gowns.
Actually before this, I was thinking of having my PS in March, Karen suggested this to me as well, and I find that what Karen had suggested ar very useful.
Hope that this will help u a little!:))

Hello Kiatxin! My AD either is in Aug or Sep 13(Chinese calendar) but we hope to settle whatever we can by this year, eg taking PS. When we are about to sign the package on that day, Rosie( sales person) told me that I can take PS first, as their gown would not hold for too long, they will allow me to choose my another set of AD gown when it is nearer to my AD. Thus, my AD and PS will have diff set of gown. Hopefully this is right!;( I haven't go down to their shop yet. How long in advance am I suppose to call for appointment in order to try up their gown?

kiatxin171006

Hello Kiatxin! My AD either is in Aug or Sep 13(Chinese calendar) but we hope to settle whatever we can by this year, eg taking PS. When we are about to sign the package on that day, Rosie( sales person) told me that I can take PS first, as their gown would not hold for too long, they will allow me to choose my another set of AD gown when it is nearer to my AD. Thus, my AD and PS will have diff set of gown. Hopefully this is right!;( I haven't go down to their shop yet. How long in advance am I suppose to call for appointment in order to try up their gown?

Hi Cheryl! Oh I see! Then that will be gd!:) I think it should be alright for u to call them to make the selection of gowns for ur PS at least 3-4mths in advance.:)*

kiatxin171006

Hi all FB! May I know that does anyone of u did the indoor & outdoor PS in separate day?? As I was thinking of doing it in 2 days instead of 1 day.

kiatxin171006

Hi Jelly! May I know that will u be doing ur indoor & outdoor PS in 1 day or separate day?? As I was thinking of doing it in 2 days instead of 1 day.

Cheryl Ee

Hello Kiatxin, I think most of the bridalshop did the PS within a same day right? Unless if raining..then ur Outdoor shots will be rescheduled to another timing? (pls correct me, if my understanding is wrong) can we request for 2 days PS? When r u taking ur PS?