French Wedding - Page 14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: French Wedding

Junior Member Cheryl Ee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kiatxin171006 View Post
    Hi Cheryl Ee! When is ur AD?? From what I know is that the gowns that we choose for PS will be the same as what u ar going to wear on ur AD.. Suggest that u choose ur gowns for PS 3 or 4mths before ur AD. Just like myself, my AD is in this coming Dec, therefore I'm choosing my gowns in July & will be having my PS in Aug. And after choosing ur gowns, some altering might be needed, therefore the PS will not be on the same day when u choose ur gowns.
    Actually before this, I was thinking of having my PS in March, Karen suggested this to me as well, and I find that what Karen had suggested ar very useful.
    Hope that this will help u a little!)
    Hello Kiatxin! My AD either is in Aug or Sep 13(Chinese calendar) but we hope to settle whatever we can by this year, eg taking PS. When we are about to sign the package on that day, Rosie( sales person) told me that I can take PS first, as their gown would not hold for too long, they will allow me to choose my another set of AD gown when it is nearer to my AD. Thus, my AD and PS will have diff set of gown. Hopefully this is right!;( I haven't go down to their shop yet. How long in advance am I suppose to call for appointment in order to try up their gown?

Member kiatxin171006 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ee View Post
    Hello Kiatxin! My AD either is in Aug or Sep 13(Chinese calendar) but we hope to settle whatever we can by this year, eg taking PS. When we are about to sign the package on that day, Rosie( sales person) told me that I can take PS first, as their gown would not hold for too long, they will allow me to choose my another set of AD gown when it is nearer to my AD. Thus, my AD and PS will have diff set of gown. Hopefully this is right!;( I haven't go down to their shop yet. How long in advance am I suppose to call for appointment in order to try up their gown?
    Hi Cheryl! Oh I see! Then that will be gd! I think it should be alright for u to call them to make the selection of gowns for ur PS at least 3-4mths in advance.*

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all FB! May I know that does anyone of u did the indoor & outdoor PS in separate day?? As I was thinking of doing it in 2 days instead of 1 day.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly View Post
    Hi Cheryl, i just finalized my AD wedding gown last wkend. And ive also chosen the outdoor shoot gowns. The AD wedding gown and evening gown can onli be used for indoor shoot, and they have another range for the outdoor gowns-believe they r the older ones that are not in good enough condition as AD gowns. Anyway, back to the choosing of my gowns, i managed to kiv a couple of designs for the wedding gown on my first trip a mth ago, but i couldnt find any evening gown that i like. Decided to forgo their evening gown in exchange of something else. However, to French Bridal's credit, it isnt because the range is v limited - they just dont have gowns that r simple enough to my liking. As for the wedding gowns, my coordinator (Amy) was quite helpful. I couldnt make up my mind between two final choices, and she gave her input and quite patiently took out the gowns that she kept and let me try agn. From what i can see in the range of wedding gowns, quite a good variety i would say. There r some w realli nice, elaborate trains that are good for grander weddings - say a church wedding. There are some w lots of lace, beads and rather intricate designs and there are also simpler designs like mermaid cuts which i eventually chose. Shouldnt have any problems w finding one that u like.

As for mtm and otr, the former means made to measure so it will be a customized design for u. Otr means off the rack so it will be those that r alrd available. Of course, mtm will come at a higher price
    Hi Jelly! May I know that will u be doing ur indoor & outdoor PS in 1 day or separate day?? As I was thinking of doing it in 2 days instead of 1 day.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello Kiatxin, I think most of the bridalshop did the PS within a same day right? Unless if raining..then ur Outdoor shots will be rescheduled to another timing? (pls correct me, if my understanding is wrong) can we request for 2 days PS? When r u taking ur PS?

Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi kiatxin, i will be doing the indoor and outdoor shoot in the same day. the standard practice is to have it on the same day, im not sure if they will do it on two separate days if you asked. i wouldnt be surprised if they do (and request additional charges) since you will have to do ur makeup twice, and the photog has to come down twice...

guess the control of timing is very important -i saw it in a forum (not sure if it is French Bridal or some other bridal boutiques) that one btb took like 7hrs in the indoor shoot and had onli 2+ hrs before sunset. im scheduled to do my makeup at 9.30, so im assuming by the time im done it will be almost 11 alrd. im aiming to finish the indoor shoot by 2pm, and then spend 2hrs each at two location before travelling to the third for sunset shoot. not sure if this is workable though, anyone can share their photoshoot schedule? thanks!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Cheryl & Jelly! I had scheduled my PS into 2 days & it will be in Aug.. Yup I did get to know that the btb spent more than half a day indoor & only a few hrs left for outdoor whereby the sky is already getting dark. Jelly, when is ur PS? I doesn't know if I could manage to finish everything like what u had mentioned in 1 day.. Was quite worried over this issue..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Kiatxin, do u need to pay extra for scheduling ur PS in 2 days? Have u tried ur gown yet? How long u need to call the BS before u go down for trying up the gown?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Today, i called FB, i got a shocked when they told me that the person who sold the package to me together with her assistant seldom go back to their BS. Most importantly, when i signed up the package with them, the sales person said, i can call their hotline to look for her or her assistant, as and when i think of any questions wanted to find out from them. Ridiculously, the person who answer the phone, said she will "TRY" to get the sales person call me back within 1 WEEK???!? did u all have these problem? I seriously don;'t like this feeling, where, when u signed up the package, she was like try to make u comfort and feel secure that, whatever she promise you, will be delivered to you when you visit their BS. Enlighten me please.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ee View Post
    Kiatxin, do u need to pay extra for scheduling ur PS in 2 days? Have u tried ur gown yet? How long u need to call the BS before u go down for trying up the gown?
    Hi Cheryl! Yup! I have to top up another $300 for separating into 2 days. Nope, I'll be going down in July. I had called them up about 7 till 8 mths earlier before I go down to the studio.^^

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kiatxin171006 View Post
    Hi Cheryl! Yup! I have to top up another $300 for separating into 2 days. Nope, I'll be going down in July. I had called them up about 7 till 8 mths earlier before I go down to the studio.^^
    Oh? May I know, the person who arrange for you from gown trying until taking PS, is it the one who sell u the package? I headic now, my sales person went missing..I called FB to ask bout ur question on the 2 days PS, they quoted me 350-400!!!! =.=" may i know, who quoted that price to u?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Kiatxin, mean before u go down to try your gown, u have already arrange with them 7-8 months ago? On the day u try u gown, are u trying the MUA skill as well?

Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Cheryl,

the person whom i signed the package with isnt the same person helping me coordinate the gown selection, booking of MUA etc. if im not wrong, some of the sales ppl will be in charge of photos, some in charge of gown (eg: designer Paulson will be there selling pkg as well from what i can gather in this forum). mine was in charge of photos (or so she told me). guess thats why when i went, she didnt help me w the gown selection and stuff. but she is definitely still in the shop, and ive seen her around for both the times that i was there. the same gown selection girl also booked my make up trial, and photoshoot slot for me.

for the trying on of gowns, you can just call them about 1mth-ish in advance to book and appt, and tell them u want to do a gown selection. (there's no need to arrange so many mths in advance). for wkend slots which are more popular, u will need about 1mth-ish, but i think u are able to get wkday slots pretty quickly once u call and make an appt. on the day of gown selection, you wont be trying the MUA skill. i take it as you have a makeup trial included in your pkg; i think you can request for it to be on the same day if you want -but honestly, gown selection is SO tiring, not sure if u want to do the make up trial on the same day.

ya Kiatxin, now that i think about it, i am kinda worried about not being able to get good light for the photoshoot. i will be going down in early may for my makeup trial, maybe i will ask them about pushing the makeup (on photoshoot day) earlier, so i can get more day time.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Cheryl! My coordinator is Jane & mostly is her assistant who help me with the booking of MUA, slot of gown selection, etc, although she only stationed at FB during weekend, I can said that she is responsible for all my things,*how about u? I forgotten who quoted me that price, sorry for this. Yup! I had already arranged with them during Jan before CNY for most of the things as my AD is in Dec whereby quite a lot of couples are having their wedding in Dec as well, therefore FB told me to make the booking earlier to avoid disappointment. I will not be having the trial makeup on the day I choose & try my gown. I will only try it when my chosen gowns are ready for PS (after the necessary altering). Becoz I feel that only when the chosen gowns are ready then u will have an rough idea of what kind of makeup do u want to have so as to look gd with ur gowns on.

Yup! Jelly, that's the main concern I'm having. Therefore my HTB decided to have the PS in 2 days instead of 1 day, so that the photographer cam capture the special moments that we wanted, especially for outdoor part.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Jelly/ Kiatxin, may I know who coordinate for ur gown selection and make all arrangement for you? I wanted to call and arrange for PS maybe in Jul/Aug.