French Wedding - Page 23

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: French Wedding

Junior Member j0sephine88 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    popular MUA would be JinYan or Joanne. photographer: Charlie co-ordinator you should get Amy. she's very nice.

photo quality I can't say. im only choosing photos next week (:

Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yup, amy is a nice lady. very helpful my PG was charlie as well--there are onli two PGs--so there wasnt realli that much choice. according to cui ting, charlie is younger w less traditional style. i have chosen my photos alrd, had about 40-50ish photos that we quite like to select frm. guess its not too bad.

it depends on what kind of style u are looking for, do tell the PG what you like and tell him how you want the photos to turn out. eg: i told him for certain photos, i would like a shallow depth of field and he would shoot accordingly. he will also guide on the poses. do try and think of some poses yourself especially if you are looking for the natural look. many times, i find his "directing" leading up to the staring in the distance (commonly found in bridal studio photos) kind of photos. its definitely a great help for camera-shy ppl just that my personal preference is not to have such photos

Junior Member giovinna is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Member Ms Teddy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Agree with Jelly. Amy was v helpful n patient throughout my gown selections. Enjoyed our PS w Charlie. Appreciate d fact that he gave alot of guidance on poses for pple like us who r camera shy. He was v patient n enthu throughout d PS session n that really kept us gg to complete d shoot.

Looking fwd to view my pics soon )

Oh ya, my MUA was Jinyan. Thumbs up for her makeup n hairdo skills. During my indoor shoots, she was there to make sure my hair was ok n on n off, she wud change my accessories while im wearing d same gown so as to create different feel.

Member kiatxin171006 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Agreed with Ms Teddy! Charlie is very patient & friendly. My hubby & myself wasn't very gd in posing but Charlie guided us patiently & even cracked jokes to make both my hubby & myself to smile & laugh out more naturally. my hubby & I enjoyed ourselves lots during the photoshoot even thought it is very tiring. Thank god that the weather was gd that day but it was really hot!:x But we still feel
    that it is worth it.

My MUA is JinYan as well. She did a great job for me. I love & satisfied with the makeup & hairstyles that she had done for me!

we went to 3 places for
    our outdoor shoot. Managed to end everything beautifully before 8pm.
    Looking forward to look at the end products of the photoshoot & photo selection!

Member Ms Teddy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Kiatxin,

Woohoo! Great to hear that u hav enjoyed ur PS session!!

Me too! Looking really forward to view my pics this month end..can't wait!! LOL

Junior Member Fugymolly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hihi, I signed up last weekend with Jasmine for their AD package, was kinda worried as I cant find any comments at first, anyone to update on their services?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ms Teddy, yup! It was really enjoyable & memorable process during the photoshoot!

I'm choosing mine mid of next mth! feeling so excited for it!

By the way, how many photo u have for ur
    album? I'm afraid that I might not be able to choose from so many photo taken! Might be topping up for the photo! Lol!:x

Junior Member ma2fan2 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Dear all,

Had a bad experience for my layout review. The designer squeeze some photos that totally do not match the other photos at the corner of one of my page. Very ugly! So we requested to change the photos so that we can pick photos that fit more appropriately into their layout but they refuse. They even claim that they outsource this designing task out but I saw their in house designers doing all the photoshop stuff at French when I went for gown selection, gown fitting etc. I think it is just an excuse so that they do not need to waste time doing additional ammendments.

Could you pls share your encounters during layout review? =( Were u able to change photos when the layout was not done properly?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    that's unfortunate, ma2fan2. when we were viewing layout, there are a few pgs that we dont like, so we asked them to change and they did. im not sure if they would allow you to change ur photos after reviewing the layout and realize that some dont fit.

when we were there for selection, we cut down to the given 36 and ended up having one lone picture that cannot fit anywhere else (my HTB is an officer so we had one indoor studio photo of him in uniform and me in gown). my coordinator advised me not to choose one or even two photos in a series--its easier for designing if u have about three per series. but we wanted that so we said we understood and decided to go ahead. it's realli a little out of place when we review the layout, but they didnt squeeze it in one corner and we were fine with how that odd one out photo turned out

and some of the proportion of their photos are kinda off vis a vis the empty space. we spend so much on the photos, but they make it so small. while i understand it could be a design thing, but i would expect them to have more common sense than that.

while they were doing their design, they applied some effects and missed out a part of my HTB body at the corner, thank goodness we picked it out! so remember to keep a look out for such stuff when reviewing ur layout.

the edge of the enlarged photo (after review) got cut off in the eventual printing (it was ok when they send us the edited layout); just let it go since its just my foot and the overall feel of the album was pretty good so let it be lar, kinda tiring to seek perfection and make so many trips >.<

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Omg!! It seems that the process after the photoshoot is also tiring & time consuming...

Jelly, would u mind to share with me the whole process of choosing the photos, etc..? I think my HTB & myself will be having headache soon...:x

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    kiatxin, the photo selection can be quite fun! its the first time u will see ur hard work during ur photoshoot afterall --i think walking ard in the hot sun w such heavy gown is hard work haha.

u booked a day for photo selection alrd rite? try to take half day leave and go on a wkday afternoon if u can. i took about 3-4 hrs for the selection. when u are done w the selection, u will choose which one u want as the blown up canvas, which one as the cover of ur album (if urs is acrylic cover), which xx for the small albums etc. after which, they will call u when the layout is ready for review (takes bout 3wks). i called and chk ard the 3rd wk before they called me. apparently it was ready alrd, just that im not notified yet, so can try calling to chk if no one called you.

after which, u will tell them the changes u want, and the photo coord will note it down; the changes will be sent to ur emails, and printing will proceed after u approve
    another 2-3wks ltr, your photos will be ready for collection

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Jelly, yup i agree with u that walking ard under the hot sun with such heavy gown is hard work..

Yup, I had already booked a day for selection.. u mentioned to take half day leave & go on a wk day afternoon means if possible then take another half day to view the photo or? ok.. so how many photo do u have in ur album?

icic.. thank you for ur kind sharing.. now i had a better view of the selection already..

Junior Member Chewysee is on a distinguished road Chewysee's Avatar
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi giovinna i read abt it already. but i would appreciate more reviews. went to sgbrides and the thread got removed cause got alot of negative comments. i wonder what some customers has experienced

Junior Member Lynn84 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi
    Im new and Im 01012014 BTB...
    of course sounded a bit KS... Im getting a bit worry abt my wedding preparation..
    anyway went to French Bridal last weekend and had my first contact with their staff Helen Auntie...
    didnt sign with them but thinking of settling down with them of course with some bargains...
    I had a handful of friends were brides from French Bridal including my sis and cousin and their reviews were not bad...
    but Im still be bit worried..
    Helen sounded a bit pushy when I told her i need to shop ard and compare before i made a decision plus they are the 2nd bridal shop i went too
    i wonder if i should find her in my next visit... wanna look and try the gown before i settle my package with thme of course with bargaining included.

If i sign with her... will she be my coordinator? or there will be another person?