French Wedding - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: French Wedding

Member Ms Teddy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Jelly,

Haha, kiasu rite..booked so way in advanced. I'm a Dec 2012 BTB & I know it's gg to b a popular mth for marriage. Worried that Jinyan may b already booked by other BTB so I decided to playsafe & confirm my MUA after I have confirmed my AD banquet location.

I just called French Bridal to request for Jinyan as my MUA on my AD. I thought d staff who answered my call would tease me that I'm kiasu, called so way in advanced. But to my surprise, she responded as per normal. So I guess I'm not d oni BTB who booked in advanced.

I don't think French Bridal has assigned a specific MUA to u yet. So u shud still b able to choose. Suggest u give French Bridal a call to enquire on their MUA. U hav trial makeup in ur package?

Junior Member xiaomao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I m taking JinYan for my AD too. Tried her make up for my ROM and all my guests found it nice. My friend also a French bride took Joanne. Her make up is also nice, a bit lighter compared to jin yan's. So it really depends what type of make up you are looking for.

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Is French Bridal the one who have exhibition at Suntec level 3(just a room) around 1 month ago?

Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Ms Teddy,

I guess I should quickly give French Bridal a call and book Jinyan or Joanne (these two are always mentioned in the forums haha). Let's hope that they are available still by the time i call *fingers crossed*

Oh, ya, I have trial makeup included in the pkg

Junior Member Karen Bouw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly View Post
    Hi Ms Teddy,

I guess I should quickly give French Bridal a call and book Jinyan or Joanne (these two are always mentioned in the forums haha). Let's hope that they are available still by the time i call *fingers crossed*

Oh, ya, I have trial makeup included in the pkg
    Hi Jelly, how come you have trial make up whereby most of the BTB does not have it? Sigh...

I'm also worried about the MUA make up which Ive request to have trial make up but they told me that their MUA are very professional... LOLX...

I've very high standards in make up bcos I've learnt some of the skills before... That time when I went for gown selection, they said I know how to make up when they look at me... lolx

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Xiaomao,

High 5! We both taking Jinyan for AD. My PG & guests also complimented on my ROM makeup. As for my hairstyle, ha, it's 50-50. Personally I like my hairdo but some of my guests think otherwise. Haha, im comfortable with her & i think she's gd. That's y I hav decided to engage her again for AD.

Hi Jelly,

Ur trial makeup will come in handy for u to decide who u wana engage.

Yup, they r d more popular MUA. I hav not seen Joanne's work b4 so cannot comment but u can take Xiaomao's advice as a guide.

Hi Karen,

If im not mistaken, if ur package has complimentary dress & makeup for ROM, then there wont be any free trial makeup. This is d case for my package.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Karen,

I took the pkg during their wedding show at Suntec a few months ago, I asked the coordinator for trial makeup and she gave it to me. I also got the complimentary ROM dress. I guess it could be because my ROM is on the same day as the AD so that's why she gave the trial makeup to me? I cant remember if I have another ROM makeup. Im not too sure what exactly did I have in the pkg actually as my fiance is keeping the wedding-related contracts haha.

Is French Bridal open on Sundays? Does anyone of you know what timing is the to-avoid-at-all-cost peak period?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi ms Teddy
    Yea Lo. My rom hairstyle is 50 50 too. Cause I myself don't really like. I think it's because of my hair length. Too short to do more patterns.
    Anyway my package wrote that the extra poses will be charged 95 per pc. Wad's yours?? I wondering if we coUld still bargain when choosing the photo

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Xiaomao,

my pkg wrote that the extra poses will be charged at 95 per pc too, and extra page is 130? each or something, cant really remember.

i will probably be unable to finish using the pgs if i dont want to top up w more poses. at 95 per pc, it is more expensive than a few other bridal salons that participated in the same wedding show that we went to. i guess if they really want you to top up and if you are topping up enough pcs of new poses, there should be room for negotiation

Junior Member leemandee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi there,

i juz signed up a package with them ytd and paid deposit, please can anyone give some feedbacks?

Abit worrying as I rcvd mixed comments around,

thanks alot!!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Xiaomao,

Sama sama. Will b charge $95 per additional pose. Ha, they sure hope that we will top up poses. So its likely that they will give discount if we top up to a certain no. of poses.

As for hairstyle, as what French Bridal has advised Jelly, I'll do homework by collecting pics of hairstyles that I fancy. Den discuss wif Jinyan.

When's ur AD?

Junior Member Karen Bouw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    HI Jelly,

My AD and ROM is also on the same day... I'm beginning to worried about their make up skills and hair styles skills...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Karen,

when's ur AD/ROM? I've told my coordinator that I want to book Joanne for my AD, once agn w/o seeing for myself her makeup style; since her name (and Jinyan's) keep appearing in forums, I suppose she must be pretty good. *cross fingers*

Anyway I went down to French Bridal to take a look at their range since i was in the area last wkend. I guess I am sort of more reassured as they are quite a few selection so let's hope that there wouldnt be any problem finding one WG and EG that I like. There's not much point in me going down so early actually since I wont be making my selection until 4-6mths later coz by then the designs would have changed. But oh well...anything to calm my nerves...especially upon reading the mixed reviews AFTER signing w them w/o looking at their range before haha.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi jelly

not sure abt the extra pg..cause i doubt i can finish the pages with so little poses hehe...if you dun wana top up more poses to fill up the pages, maybe you can consider putting 1 pc on 1 page? (for some of the pages i mean)...tt's my idea for now..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Ms Teddy

ya maybe if we buy certain no. of poses then it will be cheaper? really hoped so as 95 is so exxx!!...some of the BS are charging ard 65 if they buy more...my AD is on May 2012...hopefully by then my hair would be longer..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast