French Wedding - Page 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: French Wedding

Junior Member Karen Bouw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    HI Jelly,

My ROM & AD is on Next Feb. My PS is this Nov. But till now, my co-ordinator did not tell me who is my MUA and PG. They just told me that on the PS, I will be able to talk to my MUA what style and make up i want. By then, would it be too late to even make a choice?

Sigh~

Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ya...95 per pose is so ex! I think the 36 poses is the actual standard pkg, but when they participate in the wedding shows -they will state maybe 20 or 30 poses as their std, and thru negotiation they will "give" you more poses as a perk. I thought 36 was sufficient and since they have alrd given me more, I didnt really persist in asking for more poses (plus it's more than the other participating bridal salons that we've seen).

I remembered the coordinator voluntarily topping up til 30pgs for me, and after signing, I realized I shld have asked for a few more poses and less pgs. Xiaomao, im also intending to use like one full pg for one photo for some hahaha. Or take landscape and spread over two pages -can see more of "scenery".

Hi Karen, wow! Feb is just 6 months away, u must be getting excited
    Have you mentioned to your coordinator who do you want as MUA and PG? I have requested for Joanne, and I saw my coordinator noting down. Not too sure if this means that it will def materialize. Perhaps i will check with her again when i go down for gown fitting, not sure if it would be too late by then though. My coordinator asked me to choose the PG at a later timing -when im there for my first appt? (shld have noted things down, too many lil details to remember alrd! urgh)

Member Ms Teddy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Xiaomao,

Ard 8 more mths to ur AD. Enuff time for ur hair to grow long de.

I'm wearing braces & oni ready by mid 2013. So I'll nd to remove it temporary for my PS & AD.

Btw, r u gg to engage Jinyan to do makeup for ur mum, mil & jiemeis?

Junior Member xiaomao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly View Post
    Ya...95 per pose is so ex! I think the 36 poses is the actual standard pkg, but when they participate in the wedding shows -they will state maybe 20 or 30 poses as their std, and thru negotiation they will "give" you more poses as a perk. I thought 36 was sufficient and since they have alrd given me more, I didnt really persist in asking for more poses (plus it's more than the other participating bridal salons that we've seen).

I remembered the coordinator voluntarily topping up til 30pgs for me, and after signing, I realized I shld have asked for a few more poses and less pgs. Xiaomao, im also intending to use like one full pg for one photo for some hahaha. Or take landscape and spread over two pages -can see more of "scenery".

Hi Karen, wow! Feb is just 6 months away, u must be getting excited
    Have you mentioned to your coordinator who do you want as MUA and PG? I have requested for Joanne, and I saw my coordinator noting down. Not too sure if this means that it will def materialize. Perhaps i will check with her again when i go down for gown fitting, not sure if it would be too late by then though. My coordinator asked me to choose the PG at a later timing -when im there for my first appt? (shld have noted things down, too many lil details to remember alrd! urgh)
    Hi Jelly

yup..good idea..landscape to fill up the pg i tot so too..i tot 36 is alot already, then i realised we should have bargain for more poses..no choice..have to bargain for lower price when choosing photos!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Teddy View Post
    Hi Xiaomao,

Ard 8 more mths to ur AD. Enuff time for ur hair to grow long de.

I'm wearing braces & oni ready by mid 2013. So I'll nd to remove it temporary for my PS & AD.

Btw, r u gg to engage Jinyan to do makeup for ur mum, mil & jiemeis?
    Hi Ms Teddy

ya i still think longer hair is easier to style..prettier for photo taking as well...
    hmm...i think will engage her for my mummy only...cause mil dn like to make up..hehe...and jie meis at least 4-6 ..so many very ex lei..haha...so maybe only for mummy! tt time during my rom i spent almost 100 just for hairstyling, ampoule, eyelash and duno wad for the groom....very ex if service needed for too many ....
    i m excited for the PS than my AD..lol

Junior Member Karen Bouw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Jelly,

Yes, Im very excited and looking forward to my AD and PS which is this Nov... From all the comments, I think i would just book Jinyan or Joanne for my MUA. As for the PG, I do not know whom to choose.

From my experience for yr gown fitting, please do some homework and buy some Bridals magazines. Cut down those gowns which you prefer and let the co-ordinator knows which gowns you like. It will be must easier for them to get the gowns for you. To get things organize, my style is filling all the needed, the receipts, the wedding gown pics from the magazine i want, place everything in the file, from there, you wont be forgotten. ;)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Xiaomao,

True, long hair more room to create different styles.

Hee, it's ur big day so ur mil may wana doll up for d occasion. So suggest that u ask her.

Btw, I hav talked to Jinyan over d phone abt d arrangements on my AD. She said roughly she will nd ard 1.5 hrs to do d bridal makeup & hairdo. Fyi.

Yeah, me too! Looking forward for PS. Esp outdoor shoots. I'm also excited to go for gown selections. Keke. Gg to bring my 2 siblings along cos they my most honest critics.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Karen,

Ya lor..seems like there isn't any reviews of their PGs.

Me too! Kept all my 'bridal homework' in a folder. I'll tear out those pics of gowns that I like to keep inside d folder. Also kept all d contacts of wedding vendors in d same folder. So much easier when u wana retrieve anything for reference.

Hee, apart frm that, think it's gd to update all d wedding prep expenses in an excel spreadsheet to help take note of d mat spent so far..

Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    karen and ms teddy,

ya! that's good advice, i think i shall do just that. But I have a rough idea on the type of cut I want for my gown . At this point, what I'm most excited about is actually the gown fitting haha but it's not going to happen probably until early Feb so the shoot can be arranged at around Apr when it isnt so rainy anymore.

Perhaps I should just take over the bridal salon and banquet contracts from my fiance since I dont forsee him coming to forums and discussing bout such stuff haha.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Teddy View Post
    Hi Xiaomao,

True, long hair more room to create different styles.

Hee, it's ur big day so ur mil may wana doll up for d occasion. So suggest that u ask her.

Btw, I hav talked to Jinyan over d phone abt d arrangements on my AD. She said roughly she will nd ard 1.5 hrs to do d bridal makeup & hairdo. Fyi.

Yeah, me too! Looking forward for PS. Esp outdoor shoots. I'm also excited to go for gown selections. Keke. Gg to bring my 2 siblings along cos they my most honest critics.
    Hi ms Teddy.
    Yup perhaps I can try asking her. In case she actually wants it as it's her only son's wedding!
    U mean you have already made known to jin tan on the hair style n make up u want? I duno what is nice for me do perhaps I will leave it to her on my AD. I trust tt I would be in good hands.
    Yup I think it's best to bring some one close along for the gown choosing. My HTB comment is always the same. "ok Lo... Not bad.. Hmm ok Lo". Nt constructive at all!! I might be choosing gowns in dec or Jan. Wondering when will the new gowns arrive???

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Xiaomao,

Ha, ya, ask her & let her decide. Keke, I think she will wana do d makeup since ur htb is only son.

Ha, no la..I called her to reconfirm d booking. Didn't mention anything abt d hairdo. I think I'll discuss wif her when doing PS.

Junior Member raspberryteardrop is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Sad Limited ROM gowns

Quote Originally Posted by Happie View Post
    Hi there,

I think there are limited choices for ROM gowns in French Bridal. Maybe because of my build. Anyway I had my ROM last year and have taken their third-party photographer. He was late for 30min. When we requested him to take photos, he would say that the b/g was not nice and suggested that we took from another angle. When we saw the photos, it ended up that those ugly b/g which he claimed were captured. Furthermore, he had no initiative to help us take couple shots, we had <5 couple shots taken. We are so disgusted with his service. I doubt all PGs are the same, just our luck to get a not-so-good one. Therefore, please standby a few cameras if you are taking their third party PG service just in case.. Congrats to all bride-to-be.
    I agree with the part on limited ROM gowns =( I popped down ytd to take a look and i was so disappointed.. I don't even see those rom gowns that she showed me when i signed up for the package.. sigh.. i shouldn't have signed on impulse..

Junior Member emike is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    anyone heard of the MUA named Sandy?

Member kiatxin171006 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi! I'm also a BTB, signed up package with French Bridal.. Heard tt the MUA JinYan is gd.. can someone give me some comments?

Junior Member Evangeline is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi..me too sign up their wedding package last yr at suntec..I sign with Jasmine haha..i took their rom gown is nice..! Haha when I sign up I oso see quite alot of comments,feedback was oso a little worried..but soo far quite good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast