Friend's wedding around the same time as yours

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member jeweled is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Friend's wedding around the same time as yours

Hi all BTBs!

Just wondering, if your friend/husband's friend is having a wedding around the same timing as yours (few days/weeks apart), will you attend his or her wedding?

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Nope.
    My future MIL advises us not to attend any red or white occasion before marriage as possible. Some might not attend 3 months before.

But as our ROM is this month and AD is next year March, thus we try to avoid as and when we can.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Even if it's your close friend's wedding? My close friend's wedding is 2 months before mine, was wondering if I should attend since by tradition, one sld not attend another's wedding just so ur luck wont be given to them? In a really big dilemma now ):

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yup. even close friends too.
    they will understand.
    one of my friend's baby full month last month i also didn't attend and she is fully aware that i cant attend...
    it is best for her and for me...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ahhhhh.... ok. Im not the superstitious kind though. Hehe. But I guess its the best then!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Im also not that superstitious but then cos is marriage. Thus i rather follow to be safe.

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my aunt told me it would be better if i dont attend anyone's baby's full month and also dont eat the things that got to do with the baby's full month. even i want to attend my friend (whom i have known for 15yrs) baby's full month also cannot go when my AD is still 6months away. as for wedding, not to attend at least 3-4 months before your AD. white ocassion is dont attend at all.

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    6 months! Thats really long. But then again, I think it's up to individual (but also parents as well?) If ur parents/parents-in-law strongly discourage you to attend, then you'll have to forgo

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Side track a little. How about, what if someone you know, but not exactly close, have a wedding that is near yours too. And he/she actually copied your ideas (Be it intentionally or not). A friend of mine told me about her situation and she was really upset (furthermore, the girl was her close friend! Sounds like the movie, bridewars right?) And she later found out that this friend of hers like to compare everything and anything that my friend got. But eventually, she let it go because theres no point being upset over such matter.

How will you feel if its the case? I hope it wont happen to me! I will be really upset if I know its intentionally.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think the traditional length is 4 month before/after. that adds up to almost the entire year! not easy especially if you have alot of friends getting married. Even if you don't mind, make sure your friend (and their relatives) don't mind either! we realyy don't want to be unwelcomed guests!

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My htb and I are not superstitious. Hence, we are alright to attend other pple's white or red occassions. But of course some of our relativies and family members are quite particular about the white occassions ... Perhaps we will avoid going these.

However, for red occasions, you may think this way ... wedding is a happy occassion and couple only feel "max" happiness is when marriage and having babies.

1 + 1 happiness = 2 happiness and many of the happiness will add more happiness to your wedding.

So why not spreading happiness ... ^^v

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup! My HTB gonna attend his friend's wedding this sat, and our wedding is less than 4 months away. He says the same thing as u too! Spread the happiness around

Member geraldineyap is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    jeweled: oh dear...i wud be quite upset if that happened...if my "friend's" (if i can still call her that!) wedding ideas are heavily "borrowed" from mine! i think it's quite normal to feel upset coz weddings are once-in-a-lifetime event and we want it to be as unique as possible! so how did ur fren respond to it..?

astutekitty: that's really nice of both of you and ur HTB. i believe in the doubling and maximizing the happiness and sharing it too! but as chinese, i think sometimes while we may hv the best intentions, it oso depends on the other party's beliefs ba...

Junior Member gwenh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    we'll be attending our good friend's wedding on the same month as us, and vice versa. we really wanna be there to give our blessings. afterall, how often do our good friends get married? its gonna be once a lifetime affair and we thought it doesn't make sense if we don't attend.. ultimately a marriage works or not depend on the couples.

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yeah i agree with gwenh! it's a once in a lifetime affair and we wud wan our good frens to come and celebrate with us. but like rojak said, must make sure the couple is ok with it. and their families/ relatives too. otherwise end up being unwelcomed guests also very pai seh...like that will be good intention turn out wrong lor...