Furama Riverfront - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Tay-Janet88 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Thumbdn Furama Riverfront- Review

My coodinator is Siti Zulaiha and i have signed the package recently.

However, she wanted me to make $500 deposit first and collect from me $3000 deposit again in a few months time during wedding show.

She told me that if i want to entitled for the extra perks that will be giving in Oct 2013, i have to pay a minimum deposit first to secure the date too.

However, i told her if i can just pay the $3000 at one shot, she don't allow it.

Any one encounter this?

Secondly, i have made the $500 deposit and right now i have been chasing her for my soft copy of the contract via email and sms, she doesn't seems to reply or rather ignore me.

She only reply once that she is on leave and she will email the soft copy of the contract soon.

However, i have been waiting for nearly 3 weeks!

I don't think this type of service is acceptable.

Do any one know if i can change to another coordinator?

Member blessedkiss is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think you should coordinate with the Furama Riverfront management. Ask if Siti Zulaiha is one of their staffs or is related to them.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks blessedkiss. I have told Albert about my situation. He told that he will ask siti, my fiance, me and him to meet up and discuss about it.
    Siti has already resigned and still she was assigned to my new case.

Now Albert is telling me that the min required tables should be 20.

And i told him it is totally different from what Siti told me. (every 15 tables free 1 table).

Member blessedkiss is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    that's good to hear.. coz $500 is no joke.. haha! i mean weddings nowadays are very expensive, therefore every dollar should be spent wisely..

I was just wondering, how come they still assigned Siti to your wedding if she has already resigned? hmmm...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedkiss View Post
    that's good to hear.. coz $500 is no joke.. haha! i mean weddings nowadays are very expensive, therefore every dollar should be spent wisely..

I was just wondering, how come they still assigned Siti to your wedding if she has already resigned? hmmm...
    Their director called me and asked me to meet up with the resigned staff together to discuss it and do a proper handover.
    And now they are telling me that Jupiter room min tables are 20 tables and if i want additional perks i must have 20 tables too.

Then i asked why Siti accepted my deposit S$500 at first, he said he has no idea why siti accepted it as he has told siti not to accept my case.
    Now the matter is really heating up and i hope they will be able honour what their resigned staff had said.

The director said as long as what Siti communicated to me on that day, he will honur.

Now i can just hope everything will be a positive one.

Member abigail is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I find this case very unprofessional on d part of the restaurant mgt. In the very first place, why would they assign a resigned employee to handle their client's wedding? If d meeting w/ d ex-organizer was really needed, they should have sent an authorized personnel to witness the said meeting.. for security purposes..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by abigail View Post
    I find this case very unprofessional on d part of the restaurant mgt. In the very first place, why would they assign a resigned employee to handle their client's wedding? If d meeting w/ d ex-organizer was really needed, they should have sent an authorized personnel to witness the said meeting.. for security purposes..
    Hi Abigail,

I managed to resolve it with the director.
    He asked Siti to meet up with me as well for a clarification.

Siti insisted that she told us the perks are for min 15 tables, however i strongly told her that she did not mentioned it to us.
    And i told her that i even reminded her during our meet up that i only have 15 tables and she mentioned it is alright and she will arranged.

It was a long agruement, however after almost 2 hours the director was able resolved all the issues though i am still pretty upset about it.

I have paid the balance of my deposit S$2.5k and the director managed to give me all my contract with the terms and conditions written clearly.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Abigail,

I managed to resolve it with the director.
    He asked Siti to meet up with me as well for a clarification.

Siti insisted that she told us the perks are for *min 20 tables (typo error previously), however i strongly told her that she did not mentioned it to us.
    And i told her that i even reminded her during our meet up that i only have 15 tables and she mentioned it is alright and she will arranged.

It was a long agruement, however after almost 2 hours the director was able resolved all the issues though i am still pretty upset about it.

I have paid the balance of my deposit S$2.5k and the director managed to give me all my contract with the terms and conditions written clearly

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Furama riverfront- Albert Liew!- Beware

I wouldn't have choosen furama riverfront if I know there is so much hidden clause.

1) My coordinator (Siti) changed without informing that she is quitting, all the additional perks given were sort of "reset"

2) Managed to fight back our additional perks from the director- ALBERT LIEW & they insisted that their coordinator (Siti) did inform us this & that which they did not and we paid our deposit S$500 in June 2013 (usually is S$3k for other hotel), Siti informed that we need to come back and pay the balance of S$3k during the wedding workshop in Oct 2013. Meaning that we need to pay total of S$3.5K when others paid S$3k only?

3) Siti mentioned that if she is overboard she can collect S$3k during our 1st meeting and another S$3k during the wedding workshop.

4) So we met up with the director- ALBERT LIEW in July 2013 to rectify the problem. He was all along siding Siti and said that she did mentioned that perk is for 15 tables & above. But Siti told me different story during our 1st meeting, I mentioned that I only got 15 tables and she said she is fine with it.

5) After a tense argument, the director said he will give us the perks if only we covered 17 tables (15 + 2 reserved). We even accommodate & agreed.

6) We thought all theme, favours could be done verbally or by email confirmation, guess what? He asked us to come down personally to choose theme & favours. And want us to accommodate his working hours- MON TO FRI 9AM TO 6PM! After much discussions, he agreed to meet us on Saturday- May 2014.

7) Food Tasting- There was a hair in the EE FU Noodles. I was so ashamed that such well known hotel has such poor hygiene issue!- Aug 2014

8) Now after food tasting feedback form has been sent to him, he wants to meet us again to discuss on the feedback!!! (What is there to discuss when you can't even ensure the cleanliness of your hotel's foods? He insisted to meet on MON to FRI, 9am to 6pm!!!! I even have to explain that we have exhausted our leave balance for the wedding preparations.

9) I mentioned if he really want to meet us one weekday, we will arrange and we will sign the agreement within this month. He said there is no hurry to sign the agreement as we might change our mind after that.

So conclusion, he wants us to go at least 5 times to the hotel:

1) Met up with first coordinator + pay 1st deposit (Jun 13)

2) Changed coordinator to Albert and pay balance of deposit (June 13)

3) wedding show- Why can't we pay the balance or entire deposit during this time? he said the entire benefits are only valid when I sign with Siti. However all benefits appeared in the wedding show too! What a gimmick! (Oct 13)

4) Choosing of theme & favours (May 2014)

5) Food tasting (Jul 14)- Theme & favours can actually be done on same day but just becos he don't work on weekends!

6)Final agreement- Yet to Sign (He said this can only be done 1 weeks from our wedding to reconfirm menu, favours & theme)- Strangely all others did this during their first meeting- First = final agreement. All other details can be discussed in email, but he mentioned he wanna be more detailed and meet us up. When I said I can do it August. He was mocking us that we were the FIRST COUPLE signing the final agreement so early.

I have told him I want to bring it to higher authority. He mentioned "FINE"!

So you can see how disgusting his attitude is and moreover he is a sales director.

I don't see the rest of the hotel arranging 5 meetings to get 1 thing done.

Super disappointed now, he even wants to take leave purposely to meet him on weekdays!

Contract didn't state that sales department works on mon to fri, office hours.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If you guys need my picture of the strand of hair during the food tasting, do PM me

Member missellise is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i agree... better clarify this with the management first.

Junior Member Janishuixuan2013 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Hi :)

Hello, my wedding banquet is on Dec this year.

So far i have had no problems with furama hotel. My coordinator used to be Terence and he left a few months ago too. (Was really surprised by his resignation)

A lady named Sharon chan took over and she has been coordinating my wedding quite well! She answers all my queries and even try to make adjustments in the perks.

But what i don understand is , you have not signed the wedding contract? That is a bit strange.

I went for my food tasting last month and it was all good.

I have never met Albert before and I am surprised by what you mentioned too. Hmm was wondering if you might want to have a change of coordinator?

Junior Member stkm86 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Shui Xuan,

Dont mind sharing your package for furama riverfront with me?
    Can email me at jming86@gmail.com
    Thank you

Junior Member seowcher is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Furama Riverfront

Just attended the wedding dinner of my good pal. Hers was in the Venus ballroom. Very spacious and pillar-less. 3 screens. Contrast this to the nearby smaller ballroom - Jupiter, which is more cosy, but with pillars.

Junior Member andrewmeiling is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Janet, I am an ex client of Furama Riverfront. In no any way I am linked with Albert. However, please do note on a few points. Hiccups are inevitable and I must admit that wedding is once in a lifetime and that we would very often expect the best of out it. You pointed out that your coordinator did a sucky job by adopting a bo chap attitude ( yes indeed she did by replying you in this manner ) but however doesn't mean because of 1 sucky staff, you call it "hidden" clause, right? It was then swopped to Albert who took over your wedding arrangement. You claimed that he sided his staffs ( which superior doesn't side his/her staffs? ), but did you have a amicable clarification with Albert on the terms and conditions? He is quite a negotiable man, but do spare a thought that he too has a set of policies to follow though he was given certain authorities to overwrite certain things. As for meeting up within working hours, I reckoned to that ( I only met him a total of 3 times thoughout my whole wedding arrangement and surprisely things still went off extremely smoothly! ) And it was always a rush in the meeting with him ( less than 30mins/meetup ) and time could be adjusted to match. As for food tasting, I must say this is certainly their fault for ensuring before serving. But surely this tab is again back to Albert? Obviously not,right? He is doing sales and not the one preparing, right? You can complain to him and what he can do is forward to respective dept head to take action/corrective action. As for wedding themes etc, he invited you and your hubby-to-be down to choose and decide is so that you guys can view it and perhaps have any ideas for any add-on enhancement. When I went down for these misc viewing, myself and my wife were brain storming how are we going to enhance our wedding instead. Please see things in a more positive perspective. By taking things to higher authories ( eg. board of directors ), what is your intention? Fired whole team? Getting all of them out of job? Getting additional perks? We held our wedding in a hotel for various reasons (eg. looks good, food is nice, service is good) Let's be slight gracious and perhaps does sound out to Albert your concerns so that all can have a better understanding.

Albert is my wedding coordinator. Met him 3 times in total.( 1st paid deposit ) ( 2nd choose theme ) ( 3rd my AD say hi and congrats me!Zzzz )
    Lucas is my actual day coordinator. Albert just dropped by to congrats me and he went off( haha! )
    Amy is my food tasting coordinator. There are some complaints on the food (etc too salty blah blah blah )but she note it down n rectify it on my AD.
    There is another coordinator whom I remb he is an exec ( Many apologies that I forgotten your name - if you are reading these)which welcome me on my AD, did a great job.
    Overall, really had a very nice experience as a client and Albert even get his pastry dept to prepare a cake for me as it was for my advanced birthday too.
    Please be patience and composed and look forward to your own big day! Congrats in advanced! Cheers!