Furama RiverFront Singapore Wedding Banquet Price List 2018-2019

Foxxy

I have seen the place and met with the manager, overall is ok, but the food menu not fantastic.... sigh....

akitaishi

Hi all,

I had my wedding at Furama Riverfront 2 years ago. Held it at Mercury Ballroom. It was perfect and lovely.

Best of the best.

boon

for furama riverfront, how is having albert, director of catering, as your wedding coordinator?

kiatzmingz

I just booked my dinner banquet at Furama Riverfront. The perks are fantastic. Have free flow of beers and red wine. My coordinator is Rachelle. She is good by sharing with us her experience and also told us what are the pros and cons of the different ball rooms. Highly recommended! Not very sure about the food yet. I have chose the Venus Grand ballroom which is big and pillar-less. Mercury is not bad just slightly low ceiling but the pillar might be a hindering problem. Yet it is by the pool side and it's glass instead of four walls surrounding the ballroom. I have chose the pool side for my solemnization at no cost. Simple decoration will be done for the solemnization. :)

akitaishi

I just booked my dinner banquet at Furama Riverfront. The perks are fantastic. Have free flow of beers and red wine. My coordinator is Rachelle. She is good by sharing with us her experience and also told us what are the pros and cons of the different ball rooms. Highly recommended! Not very sure about the food yet. I have chose the Venus Grand ballroom which is big and pillar-less. Mercury is not bad just slightly low ceiling but the pillar might be a hindering problem. Yet it is by the pool side and it's glass instead of four walls surrounding the ballroom. I have chose the pool side for my solemnization at no cost. Simple decoration will be done for the solemnization. :)

Hi,

It is true that Mercury ballroom has a low ceiling by comparison. Actually, the low ceiling gives the banquet attendees an inclusive and cosy feeling. It is actually a plus point. I am not very tall, so high ceiling or low ceiling was not a critical point of consideration. But having done my own banquet and gone to others, I have this impression that high ceiling ballroom gives the spacious but alienated feeling to its guest.

I am not sure why is the ceiling height a consideration actually. Is it because people are fearful that when they pop the champagne, the bottle stopper will shoot to the roof ? If that is so, don't worry.... 90 % of the time, the stopper will simply fall to the ground. If I would choose again, I would still prefer cosiness over high ceiling. When you want to hold a banquet, you want to engage the guest. It's easier to mingle when the ambiance is warm and lovely than if it is high ceiling and very empty. That is why during my time, even though I have the budget for spacious room like Venus, Jupiter or even Intercontinental Hotel (Bugis), I still took Mercury Room, Furama River Front Hotel (Which to the older generation, your relatives was known as Apollo Hotel).

Ultimately, a room that is high ceiling will look very bland, hard to decorate and really empty if it is decorated with bad taste. So take your pick wisely.

Different people will have different takes on this. I am simply speaking from my pleasant experience with Furama and encounters as a guest in other hotels that I was invited .