Gift from Mother In Law - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kimchoo View Post
    cheesecake: ur MIL so sweet to want to buy you a set that you will like. to the older generation, yellow gold keeps better compared to white gold pieces. i think if u tell her u dun wan her to spend so much money, she may get upset that u dun appreciate her efforts lor...just accept it graciously and thank her?
    Maybe u are right. Of course i will accept la. Its just that i heartpain for her money only la.

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Or maybe can tell her that you both need something else for the wedding that she can sponsor so she won't spend so much on the gold pieces? she will still feel you are accepting her goodwill and it can also be channeled into something you both will need more than the gold? you are also very sweet to your MIL

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kimchoo View Post
    Or maybe can tell her that you both need something else for the wedding that she can sponsor so she won't spend so much on the gold pieces? she will still feel you are accepting her goodwill and it can also be channeled into something you both will need more than the gold? you are also very sweet to your MIL
    My mom told me something. She says that in olden grandma's days, old people like to buy big big gold necklaces or bangles or whatever gold-ish. So, when the bride serve tea to the mother in law, people will look forward to see what will the mother in law give to the bride.

Hahas...

But well, i dont think i will wan her to sponsor other thing else la. Wedding is not about how grand. Just spend within our means loh. The most important thing is the life after marriage. Because it is gonna be the new chapter of life.

And... yes. I love my Mother In Law. I treat her just like my own mother. I fetch her from work whenever I'm free. I dine with her even tho my HTB is not around.

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    gals if you MIL buy you some gold for your wedding day errr just a gentle reminder hor pls make an effort to wear it once a while to show her that you appreicate and like wat she buy for you after the wedding hor.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    cheesecake I dun think you can run away from this gold thingy la. Your MIL really wants to get you something for your wedding.

wat you can do best I think is to go and pick a set of gold she request la but you pick those cheaper range one lor.

Or if not.... to pull it longer... tell her you will go look around yourself and when you see wat you like then you tell her lor. but hor you have to go see one leh and check out the price before you tell her wat you want.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    gals if you MIL buy you some gold for your wedding day errr just a gentle reminder hor pls make an effort to wear it once a while to show her that you appreicate and like wat she buy for you after the wedding hor.
    Yea. I have such intention. Dont worry. Hahas...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    cheesecake I dun think you can run away from this gold thingy la. Your MIL really wants to get you something for your wedding.

wat you can do best I think is to go and pick a set of gold she request la but you pick those cheaper range one lor.

Or if not.... to pull it longer... tell her you will go look around yourself and when you see wat you like then you tell her lor. but hor you have to go see one leh and check out the price before you tell her wat you want.
    That day, she drag me go gold shop. I already pick the bracelet design that i like liao. It cost about 1k i think. I tell her i want that bracelet that is already very good enough.

Then, she is the one who tell the salesgirl "this design. one set."
    Urgh!!!!

And yea, she havent buy becos i stop her. But she is monitoring the gold price everyday. Last night she still ask me "how come nowadays news on TV never announce gold price huh???"

I really.....

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hhahahah cheesecake i think you mother in law very cute leh. and i guess hor she is monitoring the gold price because she has yet to buy for you. but really she is very nice la

mayb you go souce out other design in a set which will be cheaper without her first la.

good luck

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hhahahah cheesecake i think you mother in law very cute leh. and i guess hor she is monitoring the gold price because she has yet to buy for you. but really she is very nice la

mayb you go souce out other design in a set which will be cheaper without her first la.

good luck
    I think i will wanna offer her a token, so that she can use the money to dress up for my wedding day. Probably tell her tt i'd just got bonus or whatever nonsense that i could think of.

Maybe minimum about S$500. Do you guys think it is enough for her to doll herself?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    cheesecake you are such a nice gal no wonder your MIL die die want to buy you a set of gold.

$500 should be more then enough la. you can also do like after you married liao every month give her some token lor tat will be better la

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    cheesecake you are such a nice gal no wonder your MIL die die want to buy you a set of gold.

$500 should be more then enough la. you can also do like after you married liao every month give her some token lor tat will be better la
    I'm not only nice to her. If i giv her S$500 to doll up, i will also giv my mom the equivalent amount to doll up too.

See! Getting married is so expensive

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It's a once in a life-time thingy! I want to look pretty and I want my mum/MIL to be pretty too! Especially my mum cos she seldom doll up. So im getting the MUA to have her makeup and hair done as well!

Also, I guess its normal that ur MIL will bring you out to get jewelry. That's the practice of my HTB's family as well. Maybe she's just extra nice and generous with you because she only got one son? Or she just like u la! As compared to ur HTB's previous gf, etc

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    It's a once in a life-time thingy! I want to look pretty and I want my mum/MIL to be pretty too! Especially my mum cos she seldom doll up. So im getting the MUA to have her makeup and hair done as well!

Also, I guess its normal that ur MIL will bring you out to get jewelry. That's the practice of my HTB's family as well. Maybe she's just extra nice and generous with you because she only got one son? Or she just like u la! As compared to ur HTB's previous gf, etc
    Worse than "only son" situation.
    He is the son
    His father also only son
    His grandpa also only son
    and i think his great-grandpa oso only son leh!!!

Wah piang~!!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ok cheesecake maybe you would like to break their trend try to give birth to more sons then.... and then I think by then you FIL will bring you out to buy gold liao ... hahahaha

you are so funny!!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ok cheesecake maybe you would like to break their trend try to give birth to more sons then.... and then I think by then you FIL will bring you out to buy gold liao ... hahahaha

you are so funny!!!
    Ehh.. i talk serious one leh. And i just verified. He say his great grandpa really only son loh~!!! Damn it man~!! I really wonder if his great-great-grandpa oso only son loh! Wah lao~!!! Sibei stress sia.