Gift from Mother In Law - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow! it seems like a trend which is being pass down...
    You will definitely feel stress...
    whether the trend will be pass down or break it all depends on you and your htb le...

Member lassymoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oohh...dun stress lah...

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    aiyo dun stress la ... nowadays no more such thing that you must give birth to a son if not will get another wife for your husband la. nowadays women who are willing to give birth already very good liao leh.

Member pastelpink is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yah lor...i oso not sure if want to hv kids or not leh...hahaz

Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Actually, i dont really care about it for now. Whether can giv birth or not, future den talk la. Hahas.. If we were meant to be together forever, then, forever no child oso LL one ma. Right? Sometimes it is just fated to be in the unexplicable way la.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    My mom told me something. She says that in olden grandma's days, old people like to buy big big gold necklaces or bangles or whatever gold-ish. So, when the bride serve tea to the mother in law, people will look forward to see what will the mother in law give to the bride.

Hahas...

But well, i dont think i will wan her to sponsor other thing else la. Wedding is not about how grand. Just spend within our means loh. The most important thing is the life after marriage. Because it is gonna be the new chapter of life.

And... yes. I love my Mother In Law. I treat her just like my own mother. I fetch her from work whenever I'm free. I dine with her even tho my HTB is not around.
    yar that's what my future MIL told me too.. like the yellow gold is supposed to be big big chain for pple to see when you serve tea... but my mama thinks it should be 4 pieces (4 dian jin) of different items.. and can be white gold also.. i'm so confused.. which is then the one we should get? and is it a must to wear on the wedding day? if so must get something that matches our outfit lah? MIL was saying get huge huge chain, but i think simpler smaller designs i can wear more often less wasted?

Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by rojak View Post
    yar that's what my future MIL told me too.. like the yellow gold is supposed to be big big chain for pple to see when you serve tea... but my mama thinks it should be 4 pieces (4 dian jin) of different items.. and can be white gold also.. i'm so confused.. which is then the one we should get? and is it a must to wear on the wedding day? if so must get something that matches our outfit lah? MIL was saying get huge huge chain, but i think simpler smaller designs i can wear more often less wasted?
    Rojak, 4 dian jin is more on hokkien / teowchew right? I think canto no need 4 dian jin la. And hor... if the old people really wanna buy a big gold chain for u, just take it lah. But juz make sure tt u picked the design u like. So tt u would wear it. Maybe not wearing it everyday, but wear it at least sometimes in occations la.

And... sigh! the gold price nowadays is really crazy. How to buy wo?

Junior Member ashleykeyla is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow ur so lucky!!! My MIL super stingy!! 7 years with my hubby already never once gave me a present.. U are so lucky!

Junior Member Aquarius84 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    cheesecake, you got a really really wonderful MIL, cherish it! Not everyone is like you to be so fortunate!

Member gummiebear is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my MIL gave me a locket that has been in their family for years now. she said it should be passed on to the wife.

Member pienutbutter is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yep, she gave me this locket that has been in the family for generations.

Member flawlessness is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah, usually mothers-in-law give gifts to their daughters-in-law.... in my case, a necklace that has been in the family for years was passed to me.