Horrible experience with Hotel Re! - Senior Business Development Manager, Mr. Alvin Lim

Closed Thread
    Junior Member limwei83 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Ohmy Horrible experience with Hotel Re! - Senior Business Development Manager, Mr. Alvin Lim

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you guys the horrible experience that we had with Alvin Lim, Senior Business Development Manager of Hotel Re!

My fiance and myself, visited Style:Weddings Love Affair 2012 which is held from 19-22 Apr '12 @ Central Atrium, Marina Square on 20th April. We visited Hotel Re!'s booth and managed to speak briefly to Mr. Alvin Lim, Senior Business Development Manager of Hotel Re! as he had another couple waiting for him. We got the brochures, etc from him and went off. I scheduled a meetup with him at the roadshow on 21st April via SMS. I would say that he is quite prompt in our replies at this time point in time. He even emailed me a quotation at 12.53am on 21st April.

On 21st April, we discussed about the package, ambiance, venue, etc. During the discussion, I asked him about the ceiling height of the venue, he assured us that the ceiling would be higher than that of a HDB Flat as it is a commercial building. As everything seemed alright for us, we proceeded to sign the package. He informed us that we would receive a scanned copy of the contract after his DGM signed.

On 22nd April, my family and myself paid a visit to Hotel Re! to see the actual venue. We shocked to see the ceiling height of the room. It is definitely not the ceiling height that Alvin described and claimed to be. He also didn't informed about the additional air-con duct that is in one portion of the room, which made the ceiling even lower.

After receiving the scanned copy of the contract, I emailed him with regards to his claim of the ceiling height along with other clarifications to be made.

In his attachment in the above reply, it states that the venue height is actually only 2.3m. How would 2.3m be a typical commercial building ceiling height? Even my HDB ceiling height is already 2.5-2.6m.

After emailing him with regards to the ceiling height in particular this time round, below is his reply.

When I asked Alvin about the ceiling height, it is definitely not a casual discussion as per what he has replied in your previous email. The fact that I had asked about the ceiling height, it had already shown that it is one of our criteria for the selection of the venue. Since he is in this industry, I trust that he should be aware that ceiling height might be one of the criteria for the selection of a venue, especially for once in a lifetime events such as a solemnization. I am really shocked that he mentioned, "It is quite uncommon for ceiling height to be a major consideration when comparing or selecting a solemnization/wedding deal".

With regards to "ceiling height was not the key issue of our discussion". I do agree with what he mentioned in your previous email. This ceiling height issue will NEVER be a key issue or even become just an issue of our discussion to start with in the first place as he has already assured us that the ceiling height is definitely higher than that of a HDB flat as it is a commercial building - nothing to discuss or would no longer be an issue actually. I believe there aren't many commercial buildings which have a ceiling height of only 2.3m. Do you guys agree?

His extension of goodwill offers doesn't actually solve the ceiling height issue.

I requested for possibility of cancellation, "there will be a 50% charge for cancellation as stated in the contract" or "topping up additional 20 pax at $52++ per pax or $800++ to get a upgrade to Rejoice 2 Ballroom".

Ever since, then he hasn't been responding to my SMS as well as whatspp. As you guys know, whatsapp can check whether he read the msg.

What a horrible experience that I have Hotel Re!, especially the after sales support.

What you guys suggest that I should do? Thanks in advance.

Junior Member fatfat89 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey

Sorry to hear about your experience, but I'm sure you can bring this up to the director of catering sales, they might be able to do something.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Lodged a compliant with Consumers Association of Singapore. Been offered a full refund. Waiting for their refund cheque.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Typo.

Lodged a complaint with Consumers Association of Singapore. Been offered a full refund. Waiting for their refund cheque.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Received a full refund cheque and deposited the full refund sometime last week. Closed case happily.

Administrator: Kindly assist to close/lock this thread. Thank you.