Hotel Fort Canning (HFC) Wedding Banquet - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Junior Member limbernie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think you (Giftgalz) are right. I attended a friend's wedding in 2010, was still known as Legends at that time, i cannot even see what is happening on the stage and the staff even spilled some sauce on my friend's shirt.

Senior Member blur blur gal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i dont find the hotel ballroom look nice or classy juz avg

Junior Member Giftgalz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi, has anyone paid for outdoor solemnization with them before?

Junior Member genyib is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by lishan0613 View Post
    went down to take a look at the ballroom yday, the hotel and the rooms was really nice, but the ballroom was such a let down. even the big ballroom has no proper chandelier.

any feedback ontheir food?
    Hi lishan, i am a 2013 btb with HFC.
    I actually sign up with them cause i fell in love wit the reception and the uniqueness of the hotel - in terms of the location and the theme. With that said, I also agree with you that the ballroom is kinda boring, especially the lightnings. Hopefully they can change something about it.
    But overall, I still like the hotel and given all my requirements ($$, perks, uniqueness etc), this hotel fits my bill
    As for the food, I personally find it so-so only when I went for their wedding show about a year back. They have some interesting canapes though.

Just my humble opinion for btbs who are interested in hfc. It seems like they hold wedding shows twice a year and given that they are so new in the industry that most people doesn't know about this hotel, it might be good to wait till their wedding show before signing up with them to get more perks. just my 2cents

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi genyib, i am interested to sign up with them too ... wow you booked very early!!! may i know what were the things you managed to negotiate for during the show? also, did you get their outdoor area for solemnization?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Giftgalz View Post
    Hi genyib, i am interested to sign up with them too ... wow you booked very early!!! may i know what were the things you managed to negotiate for during the show? also, did you get their outdoor area for solemnization?
    Hello Giftgalz, I intended to get married this year actually and hence started sourcing for hotels last year Feb. So when I changed the date to 2013, and this hotel is still able to offer me 2012 rates + I like the hotel, I ended up signing with them. Hahaha

Wedding Show Package - 16 Oct 2011-1.pdf
    I saw this in another thread and saved it up, i have more or less the same perks as the attachment. But with just a little more:

1. Full corkage waiver for brought in hard liquor, wine or champagne
    2. 1 day-use room for helpers
    3. Pre-dinner cocktail reception
    4. 20% car park passes based on guarantee
    5. Complimentary use of LCD projectors, love feed, motorized white screens, 2 cordless microphone and all in-house basic AV equipment
    6. Complimentary dry ice effect for 1 march-in

And I am not sure if it is the rephrasing of the promotions or they are trying to be misleading. My contract has better descriptions regarding the wedding decorations - like the pedestal stands, stage backdrop and center pieces.

And ya, at the point when i sign the contract, GE has not been over yet and as I was worried that there will be an increase of gst, i made them cap it at 10% gst (if it increase) and any amount exceeding that, the hotel will bear the cost itself. Hence, it is better to negotiate nett price with them.
    Hope this helps

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Giftgalz View Post
    And oh Giftgalz, i did not opt for their outdoor area for solemnization. I will be holding it together on the same day and my htb says the function room is good enough. I can't remember the details as it was not put down into contract, but if i remember correctly, my coordinator said she will let me have the lavender ballroom for solemnization if there isn't any wedding there that night. If it is occupied, then i bo bian have to have it at my legends ballroom. I think I can opt for outdoor solemnization after signing the contract with them as long as the venue isn't taken up.

I love their poolside by the way, and currently trying to convince htb that 3k for solemnization is worth it. lols

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks for sharing babe, yup i told my bf that no outdoor solemnization, no HFC (p/s he is the one who likes the hotel) hahaha :p

Junior Member lishan0613 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by genyib View Post
    Hi lishan, i am a 2013 btb with HFC.
    I actually sign up with them cause i fell in love wit the reception and the uniqueness of the hotel - in terms of the location and the theme. With that said, I also agree with you that the ballroom is kinda boring, especially the lightnings. Hopefully they can change something about it.
    But overall, I still like the hotel and given all my requirements ($$, perks, uniqueness etc), this hotel fits my bill
    As for the food, I personally find it so-so only when I went for their wedding show about a year back. They have some interesting canapes though.

Just my humble opinion for btbs who are interested in hfc. It seems like they hold wedding shows twice a year and given that they are so new in the industry that most people doesn't know about this hotel, it might be good to wait till their wedding show before signing up with them to get more perks. just my 2cents
    hi genyib, thanks for sharing. i do agree with u that the $$ and the uniqueness of the hotel is there, but i just can't get over the fact that it's not the dream wedding ballroom i wanted, hence i have sign up with Regent.

fyi...my HTB loves HFC so much that i had to give in to him by agreeing to stay there for one night, otherwise he agree to pay the deposit at Regent. LOL!

Junior Member kelwin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi all,

i am also considering having my dinner here.wonder if anyone can send me the price list for the dinner banquet? looking at about 35 tables. thank you. my email add li_kel@hotmail.com

Junior Member Andymion is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Re

Thanks for the info. It's really helpful

Junior Member Jysmurf is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kelwin View Post
    hi all,

i am also considering having my dinner here.wonder if anyone can send me the price list for the dinner banquet? looking at about 35 tables. thank you. my email add li_kel@hotmail.com
    Hello

Chinese Set
    2012 / 2013
    valid for wedding banquet held from 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2013 only
    WEDDING PACKAGE
    Weekday
    Monday to Thursday
    Lavender Ballroom
    (Min 18 tables)
    $768.00++/table of 10 persons

Weekend
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Eve of
    Public Holidays & Public Holidays
    $928.00++/table of 10 persons

Legends Ballroom
    (Min 25 tables)
    Weekday
    Monday to Thursday
    $768.00++/table of 10 persons

Weekend
    $928.00++/table of 10 persons

Premium Package

Weekday
    Monday to Thursday
    $1,088.00++/table of 10 persons

Weekend
    $1,088.00++/table of 10 persons

2013 / 2014
    valid for wedding banquet held from 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014 only

WEDDING PACKAGE

Lavender Ballroom
    (Min 18 tables)

Weekday
    Monday to Thursday
    $838.00++/table of 10 persons

$988.00++/table of 10 persons

Legends Ballroom
    (Min 25 tables)

Weekday
    Monday to Thursday
    $838.00++/table of 10 persons

$988.00++/table of 10 persons

Premium Package
    Weekday
    Monday to Thursday
    $1,288.00++/table of 10 persons

$1,288.00++/table of 10 persons

Western Set
    Minimum 250 person Year 2012 / 2013 Year 2013 / 2014
    4-Course Menu $100.00++ per person $105.00++ per person
    5-Course Menu $110.00++ per person $115.00++ per person

GOt them to email me the pricelist. Anw they are having a wedding show next mth. Think its gonna be on 15th April. you can go and have a look.

Went to take a look at their ballroom this evening but didnt quite like it. The ball room is long and the stage is small. There were pillars along the side so some seats will be blocked from the stage. Ballroom is indeed so so only. HTB said the hotel is like a maze. We got lost went we went to racee the place. :P But i love the reception.

Its best to take a look at the place as different ppl have different taste and preference.

Member kimberlyfrance is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi does anyone know how much is the lunch banquet?

Junior Member meiligurl is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We are also booking HFC for our wedding dinner. The ballroom can actually be very pretty with a a fabulous design and strategic table arrangement. I like that it's sort of away from the hustle & bustle of city yet accessible as about 5 mins walk from MRT. It kinda gives me this feeling of an intimate countryside wedding and the facade is GORGEOUS especially at night! will sign the contract tomorrow and can't wait to start planning everything!! Congrats to all BTBs!

Junior Member namiko09 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hello babes, any reviews on HFC food and service?
    i just signed up for HFC wedding show this coming sun.. looking forward!