how long before the wedding do you send out your wedding invitations?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member lassymoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

how long before the wedding do you send out your wedding invitations?

Hi ladies, can i just ask you how long before the wedding do you send out your wedding invitations? some frens say don't say too early otherwise people will forget. or they will print Save-The-Cards to give away before the official invite is ready. ur experiences?

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, it is 1 month or slightly earlier before your actual day. Do not distribute till the last 2 weeks, it does not look nice on you because it seemed like you're not very sincere in inviting them and also you will feel too rush by then. Make them feel good and honorable to be part of your special occasion. Ultimately, you want everyone to be happy like you right? Cheers!

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    for me, i will sent out about 1 month earlier before my AD. you can send out e-cards or invitation in fb about 2 weeks before your AD to remind them of your wedding. from there they can reply if they are attending or not attending your wedding.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will be sending out invites for RSVP around 2 months beforehand and then send out invitation cards 1 month before.

When date nearer will reminds them thru emails/sms/calls.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think save the date invitations are important. can be official cards / fb invites / email / verbal, but it's important o just book the pple, to get a feel of how many pple you need to cater for etc. save the date should go out at least 3 months before, best 4 mths before the AD. Official wedding invitations should be sent out 1 mth before - 3 weeks before. 2 weeks minimum if you really don't see that person or have no time to post. too late is not good, because alot of times those last minute invitations are because there are leftover seats and they are then invited to fill seats. don't like those at all, and you don't want pple thinking they are just fillers. people also have to plan their schedule, so if they know you're getting married that day but have no idea on the specific timing, it would be very difficult for them to plan their day. wouldn't be nice to book their whole day just for a few hrs' wedding. just good manners to send it out early. to prevent them forgetting since u send out 1 month earlier, just send reminders via email/sms/calls/fb 1 week before and then 2 days before.

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am currently preparing my invitation related stuff ...

1. Get the max number of invitation cards that hotel giving ...
    (for example, max table 40, giving 70% ... 400 pax x 70% = 280 cards)
    In this case, I will get about 300 pcs (just in case =P)

2. Create Facebook event to "ask" and "confirm" attendances for our friends as well as their addresses or details. As for our parent's friends or relatives or those do not have a facebook account, we will call, ask and confirm.

3. Got the estimate number of cards to send, we will buy stamp. As for those hand deliver, we will need to set aside 1 week to deliver.

4. This will be the day to send out your invites ... I would suggest about 1.5 to 2 months before AD. So that the guests would have enough time to plan and get back to you if they are unable to attend.

On the other hand, we also need time to handle such cases whereby guests confirm going but when we sent them official invites, they said they are unable to attend; like re-arranging the seating arrangement ...

In short, 1.5 to 2 months should be enough for guests to plan and confirm attendance as well as time for couple to handle "emergencies".

Hope the above helps.

Member fy5fo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If you are expecting guests from overseas, best to send them 3 months or earlier before wedding date so that they can book tickets.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ohhh for people overseas (be it friends / relatives) as well as busy people who tend to fly around alot, i book them the moment i fix my wedding date. that is.. almost a year in advance! So then i can make sure i book them way before anyone else!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks for sharing ladies! i think 1 month before the AD would be a good timing? not too early so people may forget and not too late either. overseas friends/ relatives need to be booked early! busy friends may still end up being unavailable due to their schedules but at least it gives us time to do the reshuffling of seats if necessary...

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ya lor...i hv heard of frens who said that they received wedding invitations from their friends like super late and it's like they are the substitute guests lor...my frens super angry and insulted wor...hahaha...

wat wud u girls do like that ah? ppl u invited suddenly can't make it?

Member chloelee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    at least 1 month in advance, too early also no good if not people forget. but I heard from some friends that sometimes it might be hard to get response fast so maybe 1.5 mths safer.

poohbeary, if ppl cant make it I will try and ask my jiemeis to merge tables if got enough space then can close the extra table so can save on that table cost if its an extra table.

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    gd idea...hopefully can save the extra table if people can confirm earlier lor! if on the night itself then super sian!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    there are some frens who hv shared that even with adequate advance notice, juz cannot confirm if they r gonna attend! that leaves the couple in a fix lor...haizzz...

Member jeany is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We sent our wedding invites a month before the wedding.

Member qinqing is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We sent invites two months before the wedding.