How much ang pao do you give your wedding helpers?

chanel

hello brides, let's share how much we will give to those who help us with our wedding!

For me, I will give:

Bridesmaids - $200 each
Hubby's brothers: $100 each
Flower girl: $100 -$150
Make up artist: $50
Photographer: $100 -$150
Emcee: $100
Floral Decorator: $150
Planner: $120

How much will you brides give for your helpers? :) wondering whether mine is too much or too little..

angelwings

Mine is slightly lesser than yours, mainly for providers because I already pay them service fee. But for bridesmaids mine is around there, they help me alot in planning my wedding so it's to show them my gratitude :)

rojak

Hmm, mine varies quite a bit for yours. Maybe coz i have alot of people doing different things, to lower their workload. but for photographer and videographers, i intend to give much more than that, since market rate for photographers are way higher, so i think should at least be closer to market rates

poohbeary

Eh the photographer still need to give him ang pao? Make up artist also need to give extra ang pao ah? Coz I thought both are already paid mah, so still need to give ang pao somemore?

rojak

oh i meant photographers if it is not hired, but friends etc.

Also, for the bridesmaids, you can choose to pay for their dresses, or buy them jewelery or something personalized instead of the money.

poohbeary

oh i see...coz the fee for the photographers already cost at least $1600 leh...if still need ang pao ah, it will be very expensive leow! haha!
bridesmaids can afford to be more fancy hor...coz all girls mah! eh like that if to treat them to say maybe a manicure/ pedicure session, would that be ok ah?

rojak

oh i see...coz the fee for the photographers already cost at least $1600 leh...if still need ang pao ah, it will be very expensive leow! haha!
bridesmaids can afford to be more fancy hor...coz all girls mah! eh like that if to treat them to say maybe a manicure/ pedicure session, would that be ok ah?

i think it's fine! depending on what you girls like to do together.. can be a spa session.. or something for them for keepsake, such as a handmade doll (there are people selling these customized dolls), a pendant with their name,.. the list goes on. there're alot of things you can do! :) even for brothers, you can give gifts too, such as cufflinks. but it really depends on your friends, since you will know what suits them best :) i think these gifts are more meaningful than just money. they'll get some cash, of course, especially the girls, since there will be the gatecrash fund anyways :)

poohbeary

wah! personalized dolls? sounds very interesting leh! personalized gifts are really much better lor...hahah...coz they are also a big part of the wedding mah. can't imagine a wedding with no friends around to make things more lively! hehe
PrincessCrystal: wahhhh....coach coin purses for 8 jiemeis! very generous of you! :)

Lipphi

hello brides, let's share how much we will give to those who help us with our wedding!

For me, I will give:

Bridesmaids - $200 each
Hubby's brothers: $100 each
Flower girl: $100 -$150
Make up artist: $50
Photographer: $100 -$150
Emcee: $100
Floral Decorator: $150
Planner: $120

How much will you brides give for your helpers? :) wondering whether mine is too much or too little..

wow..I duno if urs is too much but how many brothers and sisters you have to help you?

kimchoo

that's what i am wondering also...give too little not very nice but budget is already very tight so factoring in these costs would mean we have to cut back on other stuff? we want to give an amount that reflects our appreciation but budget is also a very real concern... =/

evilicious

I've been JMs for 3 times. All my AP never exceed $30! So I decided to give my sisters $38-$58 and I've only 3 sister..

godbirdie

i felt brothers and sisters can give more, esp they tend help out many things both in morning and during dinner so quite tiring for them. As for paid photographers/videographer/make up, i am not sure if need to give cos we have aleady paid them. at most if i give, it will not that much.
Anyone has not given ang bao to photographers/VG/make up ( except for friends)?