How much are you willing to pay for a photography on your wedding day?

cheesycheese

is there any recommendation for videographers? or any place that provide both photography and videography?

starting on my quest to look for actual day pg/vg now

anyone engaged lightedpixels/tinydot/expressively joho as their AD photographer here? what is special about them and their style of photography that made you willing to spend 4k-ish for them?

hi jelly, i personally like jOhO and lightedpixels' photos because each have their own unique styles of showing what happened during the wedding. aforemostly, i like to have an artistic photo of me and my hubby hung in my living room and bedroom! but i guess eventually, it depends on how much you want to relive your wedding day because it's your once in a lifetime big day! my fren just got married few mths back and she engaged a photographer whom she loves alot because that photographer is able to understand what she wants and produce quality pics, and what's best is that his rates are more affordable for the good quality of work he's actually doing. so choose wisely! (= good luck in your search

rojak

is there any recommendation for videographers? or any place that provide both photography and videography?

starting on my quest to look for actual day pg/vg now

anyone engaged lightedpixels/tinydot/expressively joho as their AD photographer here? what is special about them and their style of photography that made you willing to spend 4k-ish for them?

yes, there are companies that provide both, while others have some sort of "partnership" so they can recommend to you also.

yes, these are very good, especially lightedpixels and Joho. They have very different styles, i would suggest you comb through their portfolios for AD (prewed is a totally different matter!) and meet up with them. You must find a PG that you have 'chemistry' with also, and like their style of working. in summary, lightedpixels generally give the very happy and joyous and light feel in their photos, while joho is more focused on getting artistic shots, and they tend to have a darker color tone, with more black and white focus. I personally think both are great for prewed, but lightedlpixels is better for AD, coz i don't really think AD photos should be biased towards the dark side. A light, dreamy feel is good :)

that said, there are many MANY other good photographers out there, with a different price range. dop a thorough search before you decide. it's afterall, someone who will record your BIGGEST day! :)

casslin

I am looking for VGs too.. atteneded a wedding yday and saw their express highlights.. I havent really seen a VG that do a good job with express highlights.. their control of lightings not really good so some pics are really dark.. anyone got any VG to recommend? Thanks!

yunsze

I like his works - darrenf .com

His rates seem reasonable as well. They're already published in the website (under Promotions & Packages). Photo montage included. :)

My budget is about $3000 for both PG and VG... I'm still sourcing for VG.

jelly

hi yunsze,

for your budget of 3k -is that just for pure photography (photos returned but no coffee table album) and videography (+ express highlights)? usually with the coffee table album thrown in, photography alone will cost around the range of 3k?

which PG did you choose? was telling myself that i shld give myself a chance to search for a PG that isnt that expensive before paying for the more expensive ones haha (even though im realli tempted to just heck it and get the more famous ones oops)

how much does a videography pkg usually cost? im thinking if i wan to ala carte the PG/VG or just find one PG that has a VG partner (and hence able to incl VG in the final quote)

Sierra

Hi, I'm also currently sourcing for actual day photography and or with videography packages... Any recommendations? I'm also on tight budget as well... Maybe about 1k?

Thanks.

yunsze

jelly: 3K is my budget for both PG & VG. Plus minus 500 should be also okay la... (I will show puppy eyes to bf! :D)

Oh I'm not getting the coffee table album... I'm designing my own photo book, and engaging printing services from a vendor. :) I haven't confirmed with anyone yet (my AD is end of next year!), still keeping my options open. I'm still waiting for some quotes to come in, but I'm currently more inclined to Forest Productions which has a PG+VG combined package that costs $3k in total (packages listed in the website itself)... their works are quite good actually imo!

Sierra: For AD photography only or both?

jelly

yunsze: haha! puppy eyes always work. anyway, which vendors are u looking at for your photobook? and how much do they cost roughly? i want a nice photobook for the actual day and i remember reading from some bridal blogs that this can be outsourced. but i cant remember where did i see it. the photographer that i am interested in is charging more than 500 for the coffee table album, which i feel is abit too expensive

Sierra

jelly: 3K is my budget for both PG & VG. Plus minus 500 should be also okay la... (I will show puppy eyes to bf! :D)

Oh I'm not getting the coffee table album... I'm designing my own photo book, and engaging printing services from a vendor. :) I haven't confirmed with anyone yet (my AD is end of next year!), still keeping my options open. I'm still waiting for some quotes to come in, but I'm currently more inclined to Forest Productions which has a PG+VG combined package that costs $3k in total (packages listed in the website itself)... their works are quite good actually imo!

Sierra: For AD photography only or both?

Hi yunsze,

I was hopping for both.... But dun think it's possible... Actually, for ad, which one is the one more important and cannot do without? Photography or videography?

Shelia

A good photography is really do great help to your wedding, but $300 per hr is a little expensive i think.

Dolphin88

Hi all, I engaged EP2 Photography (Edward) for my AD. I find his style good and able to capture the important things during the AD. His rates are very reasonable too.

More importantly, he has been very very helpful and friendly. There were times that I asked questions not related to my AD photography and he has been very sincere in advising me :)