How's your proposal? Who initiated?

naim

Hi.

Any ladies literally asked for a proposal? I know it's kinda sound stupid. But even though couples who decided to get married, waiting for BTO should have a "official" mutual agreement right? (as in a propasal with the lady saying a yes)

My boyfriend thinks that's it a waste of time and redundant and everytime the question arises, he will just do the on the spot (in toilet, car, bed, etc) asking as if like I'm pointing a gun at his head. Is it really too much to ask for a proper proposal with a simple sentence of "will you marry me?" at an apporaiate place and time willingly?

naim

I meant isn't it already weird for a lady to ask? As in All pride was already put aside to ask.

britney

hmm this is a sticky situation.. proposals should really come from the heart, as what you've mentioned there should be willingness on the part of your boyfriend.

naim

Hi britney

I agree with what you have said. I guess that willingness part will be difficult then. I can only cross my finger and hope I guess? Cause there is nothing much I can do right?

neue

sadly, we can't force somebody's willingness to make things because willingness comes from within. if we force things to happen, i think it's not worth it.

missallex

for me, it was already in the talks that we'll be married so the proposal was not really surprising for me.

babydeer

he brought me to the place where we had our first date.. we started to reminisce and then suddenly he got on his knees.

Ethelsimmons

Well, I had been into 2 relationships. When I was in my first relationship I had initiated the proposal. May be that's the reason why it wasn't a success. Well in my second relationship it was he who initiated the proposal and so we are still on... :)
I think its always the guys who must initiate.