Husband wants to stay in home country but I want to stay in Sg..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member lovemia is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Husband wants to stay in home country but I want to stay in Sg..

hi brides, I'm quite unsure what to do as my htb wants us to stay in his home country (Malaysia) but I'm quite settled on Singapore as i grew up here. Reason being that I am doubtful i will get used to msia and I have no friends or family there. he is willing to support me but i'm afraid i will get bored of the place if there is no one i know. Any brides can give some advice?

Member Jecca is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my friend had this same problem. well have you tried going to malaysia and stayed there for a while? you may come to like the place. otherwise, a good alternative is every weekend come back to singapore

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yeah i think jecca's idea is pretty good. try a short vacation in malaysia, say visit his family etc, for just a weekend or so. go around, and explore. if possible, ask him to arrange a couple of meetings or meals with his malaysian friends too, so you know who might possibly be the people you end up hanging around with when you move over. then you can slowly gauge if you like it there. uncertainty always makes it scary and undesirable, but if you experience it before jumping into it, it might not seem so bad after all

Junior Member lovemia is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks ladies, i think it's harder to ask a woman to adjust rather than a man.. anyway his concern is also that singapore cost of living is higher and staying in msia would be lower cost of living. I have tried going to malaysia for a number of times, the place is quite nice but living away from my friends and family is going to be so hard

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    lovemia you have to open up your heart and mind .... dun keep thinking of things like living away from your friends and family... (negative)

think of (positive) you are just in Malaysia which is very near to Singapore ... whenever you want you can just come back its that easy. culture over there is not as bad which I believe most of us know and are some how use to their culture over there.

as it is so near you can easily invite your friends and family over for their holidays too!!

if not you can negoitate with your hubby that you will go over to try for a year or 2 if you really cannot take it then move back. you dun try you never know. good luck

Member Lindah is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it's not that hard dear, sometimes change is necessary. he came to sg for you during your dating days didnt he? im sure he had to come quite often to be with you

Senior Member melo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Good advice from all the ladies here.. hope you will get though it. : ) sometimes we cant always stay in our comfort zone, love needs sacrifice.

Junior Member kenkelvin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Do not stay in msia if u do not like it. That is all i can say. Last but no least, if your hubby really loves u, he should sacrifice more, not u. But u can go try it out, if really cannot take it then find a solution with your hubby

Junior Member Legacy8383 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Stay for vacation or holiday is totally different. I totally dun agree if you stay there for a week or two, then when you ok with it, then can go ahead with staying there.

Junior Member Legacy8383 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    But, if you think you can sacrifice for him, or his family got a big business for him to take over, why not. So everyday you can ask your chauffeur to send you to Singapore....he he .. Discuss with your family members and close friends. It's a big decision..

Member missdoodler is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    You can go stay in Malaysia for a couple of months or years. We'll never know maybe you'll like it there somehow.

Member missellise is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it is difficult to decide on this matter. the only way to reach a compromise is to talk and listen to each others side carefully and then weigh the pros and cons of each.

Member goddess9 is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    talk things through and reach a compromise

Junior Member Mattie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It seems difficult in the start but I believe that your home is where you your heart and love are. So I don't think it will be very difficult for Malaysia.

Member goddess9 is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Why does he want to stay in his home country?? Any important matters to attend to?