i have no idea what to prepare for my wedding

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Chan Kah Wei is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

i have no idea what to prepare for my wedding

i have not idea what to prepare for my wedding, can anyone help?

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Same here! I am getting so vexed and confused of what to buy? Especially what to buy & look out for Betrothal, Return Gifts for Betrothal, Dowry items & etc? This is really making me nuts!

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi poshberries, u can go to chinatown and source for the things that u listed. the sales person will tell you which are the things to buy for your dialect.

Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    chinatown has loads of these stuffs!

just one by one... list down your requirement and do it step by step

1. pick a wedding date
    2. decide how you want your wedding be (ROM in the same day & etc?)
    3. look around for dinner location, survey, ask, bargain, book.
    4. look around for a bridal shop, survey, ask, bargain, sign.
    5. if your bridal shop dont provide MUA, PG, VG or if you wants a better one and u prefer to choose them on your own. It's time to look around for MUA, PG, VG.

I think by the time u done your step 4 & 5, u already more or less okay liao le

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    As what cheese cake mentioned ...

You need to plan them step by step and then later break them down in details ...

Pre-Wedding
    1. Bridal shop - Do shortlist a few shops, visit them and look through their gowns, pen and paper to jot down whatever necessary and discuss (See Actual Day Item 4) - Local or oversea ...

Chinese Customary
    1. What dialects?
    2. Find out what each parents wants and list them out

However, if both are free-thinker, then it will be easier, you can skip the whole process or follow some of them or follow all the process.

Actual Day
    1. Pick a wedding date - best to pick on sat and sun, because your "brothers", "sisters", relatives and friends will not need to take leave.
    2. Decide if you want your ROM and AD on the same day or different day - this depends on individuals; different days will have different types of atmosphere but spent more $$$ and tiring x 2 days. But of course, some have not choice but to ROM first, because their flat will be ready ... etc.
    3. Banquet - Do shortlist a few hotels, bring along camera, pen and paper to jot down whatever necessary and discuss
    4. Bridal shop - Do shortlist a few shops, visit them and look through their gowns, pen and paper to jot down whatever necessary and discuss (See Pre-Wedding Item 1)
    5. AD Photography or Videography - you can get them from bridal shop or professionals
    6. Printing services - Do research and find out which printing company offers a better quotation and then decide

Hope the above helps.

Member mellowhearts is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi there! First of all, congrats! It's absolutely normal to feel the way you do now - suddenly thrust into a whole load of things you never even knew about and have to take care of to the finest detail! When we started on the wedding preparations, we didn't know where to begin either! When we look back at the wedding preparation process now, we are both very amazed at just how much we did. Haha

What the ladies suggested here is very important and useful. You start off maybe by having a list of the big items you'd have to do, like what astutekitty suggested in her post: Pre-Wedding, Customary, Actual Day. Maybe you can begin also by deciding on your wedding date and then a budget for the whole wedding.

I'm sure you will find lots of helpful people here on this forum too!

Senior Member PerfectPrincess is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi there!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You can go and visit this page How to Plan Your Wedding for more information and a guide to planning your own wedding. A Wedding Planning Checklist
    is also available so that you can check and prepare for every detail of the wedding. Best of luck!

Member butteriecup is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think you should start on looking for possible wedding venues. it's quite difficult to look for a wedding venue and banquet so imo you should start on this first.

Junior Member lauriemae is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yea. I agree with butteriecup. You should start looking for possible venues first since most places get fully booked faster.

Member floraleprints is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    if that's the case, i suggest that you look and hire a wedding planner to help you with the planning.

Member silkiebabe is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i feel you. i was like that when i was preparing for my wedding too. what i did though is that i made a list of the things that we really need for the wedding. also, i asked my friend's help in planning my wedding since she has an experience on preparing one.

Member fruitietootie is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I feel the same thing. I'm getting married early next year and I don;t even know where to start. :/

nel
    Junior Member nel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitietootie View Post
    I feel the same thing. I'm getting married early next year and I don;t even know where to start. :/
    Should you require assistance in styling/decor for ROM/AD, I provide the services complimentary as I am looking to expand my portfolio. I also have experience in car decor as well as hand bouquet. There is no charges to the service (e.g. conceptualization, sourcing, planning, execution etc.), you will just have to pay for the materials.

Cheers!

Member floraleprints is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i suggest that you do a list of the things that you will need for your wedding. it will be easier with a list.