IDEAS for Wedding Favours/ Door Gifts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member celine is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

IDEAS for Wedding Favours/ Door Gifts?

Can anyone share what they are giving as door gifts? thanks!

Member morningsun is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thinking of going to bali to source, cheaper! =p

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hmm.. hotel or restaurant or caterer usually would provide... or are you going to give 2 gifts per guest?

Member rainne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am thinking of giving a small basket holder that has 2 cute small bears in them haha.. still thinking if I should give items that are practical for use instead.

Junior Member haydee9 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am thinking of something practical that can be use even after the wedding. maybe a personalized bottle opener or key holder, a paper weight or memo holder, maybe a pen or a bookmark sort of stuff. In that way you can have a useful remembrance for your wedding.

Member jadene33 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i am thinking of somethg like a paper-weight, can be placed on ppl's office table..tt is cheap and creative. going to chinatown to see see.

Junior Member Jelly_fish is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Edible things are always practical like chocolates, fruit cakes, honey (tian tian mi mi).

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    =) thanks for the ideas all of you, am thinking of personalising it instead of leaving it to hotel.. edible things are a gd idea. . .hmmmmm...

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree with haydee9, giving your guests something practical.

For example: coasters, mugs, cute cup covers etc ...

Reason is everybody at home will use mug, coasters and cup covers for drinking ...

So in this case, they can keep them for quite a long time ... unless they don't like it in the first place ... if not years later you will still find it in their house

I don't wish to give someone and that someone not using it ... if theoretically ... $$$ paid for gift to guests -> guests not using it -> waste $$$ = $$$ spent by throwing into dustbin.

Hope that helps you to consider what gifts for your guests but of cos do note that hotel will provide favours for your guests, so that waste it.

Check with your hotel if they could allow you to have 2 design or type per table.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    oh i know of some hotels that do allow you to exchange the wedding favors for other stuff, such as a few bottles of wine or more beer etc. So do check with them if you're intending to get your own favors.

for those thinking of something edible.. do be careful about the packaging.. you probably will be packing the stuff days in advance, so you sure don't want ants eating up all your favors! i had a friend who did smores.. labeled "s'more love". is quite cute! just package a chocolate bar, a graham biscuit and a marshmallow together, and give them the instructions to make smores on their own.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    =) thanks astutekitty and rojak for the long detailed advice. appreciate it. will check with hotel. probably won't go for edible..=)

Member gypsy2000 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    some of the wedding gifts i have seen and researched on include edible things such as chocolates and fruit cakes. I have also received some ornaments and games too, as door gifts, such as polka game cards, bears, photo frame.

I think what to give depends on budget as well as the audience (eg. who you are invititing). I would think that older folks will prefer edible things / gifts such as fruit cakes and chocolates.

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Another suggestion ...

Nowadays, many people likes to spend their time oversea ... perhaps a luggage tag would be great.

Other than, placing the luggage tag to the luggage when going overseas, you can also place them on your shopping bag as a decoration when you shop locally.

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by astutekitty View Post
    Another suggestion ...

Nowadays, many people likes to spend their time oversea ... perhaps a luggage tag would be great.

Other than, placing the luggage tag to the luggage when going overseas, you can also place them on your shopping bag as a decoration when you shop locally.
    Yup. I think luggage tags are really common nowadays. Heart-shaped tags. I got 2 from a friend's wedding previously and I really love them! They are practical. The one thing that I dont want to receive is something I wont use luh. Even chocolates is better. I once received playing cards, which might be useful to some, but not for me

Junior Member tirene is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Does anyone have any deals on bottled honey as wedding favours?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast