inauspicious years.. widow year, just to share - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I don't think its that bad. Look at the number of year that is widow year in 201X, 5 out of 10. Which means these years banquet no business or the divorce rate is very high.
    Imagine you getting married in 2013, due to widow year, you can't get married, later your zodiac clash with the animal in 2014, then 2015 & 2016 widow year again. You need to push back your wedding by 4 years.

Senior Member Glitzger is on a distinguished road Glitzger's Avatar
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm intending to have my banquet in 2013.. At first also think that snake year not good for us (both pigs) but went to see my FSM.. She was able to get some auspicious dates based on our ba zi in 2013..so I guess still ok... 2012 too rushed and 2014 too late..!

Junior Member venuspeh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ya lo.. end up push till no nid married liao.. LOL i am not so supersitious.. but old ppl more pang dang... gt to see what they say lo.. let them choose the dates for us.. :p

Senior Member godbirdie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    just to share,i choose 2012 cos dragon year. Dun really like snake year cos our sisters are snakes and always quarrel..haa..We are pig and horse. I did look on the auspicious date provide here where it also show dates where certain zodiac shd avoid. Finally i look for a fortune teller and a monk for advice who say the date is good for both of us.my preference is eiethr 2012 (dragon) or 2014 (horse).Well, both our parents dun even know a thing abt auspicious..

Junior Member josarine is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by godbirdie View Post
    just to share,i choose 2012 cos dragon year. Dun really like snake year cos our sisters are snakes and always quarrel..haa..We are pig and horse. I did look on the auspicious date provide here where it also show dates where certain zodiac shd avoid. Finally i look for a fortune teller and a monk for advice who say the date is good for both of us.my preference is eiethr 2012 (dragon) or 2014 (horse).Well, both our parents dun even know a thing abt auspicious..
    Hi Godbirdie, I'm also planning for wedding but dunno which temple/FSM gives good auspicious dates advice. Can you share with me which monk/temple you go to consult the wedding dates? Is it good?

Senior Member godbirdie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by josarine View Post
    Hi Godbirdie, I'm also planning for wedding but dunno which temple/FSM gives good auspicious dates advice. Can you share with me which monk/temple you go to consult the wedding dates? Is it good?
    Hi Josarine. under my friend 's advice, we went to Bugis Guangyin temple (beside Bugis OG) draw lots and to to a fortune teller at the Bencolen (beside OG),beside watch shops The stall is quite small,half a stall. Err..$10 to check per fortune (eg. $10 for health, $10 for marriage..etc.) just by providing ur birth date and taking cards.
    You may find other places better fortune teller. Not sure if really accurate but just try,to feel 'safe".
    Actually i still go ahead with the dates i selected in this forum..

Member pretzelle is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    VERY INFORMATIVE. I didn't know about any of this before reading. Thanks.

Member missanalee is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oooh. it's my first time hearing this. hmm. thanks for sharing this. it's really informative and interesting.