Jiemeis and Xiongdis - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member retrodots is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    the glee thing will be quite fun if the band of brothers and sisters r up for it! really makes the wedding more fun i think. hehehe

wah...costs $80-$120 for the jie mei dresses..? is it expected of the couple to pay for them?

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess sometimes u really need to respect those xiao dis and jie meis of yours. They are, in a way, helping you out with ur wedding. Thus, its better if u can get opinion from them (dressing etc), and come out with something that can really satisfy ur needs and not putting them in a difficult position. You wont wanna offend them by saying the wrong thing (Especially if they are ur HTB's friend, vice versa)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by retrodots View Post
    the glee thing will be quite fun if the band of brothers and sisters r up for it! really makes the wedding more fun i think. hehehe

wah...costs $80-$120 for the jie mei dresses..? is it expected of the couple to pay for them?
    But everyone is doing the Glee thing nowadays :X out of the 3 weddings I've seen, 2 did that. It's fun, but sometimes its hard to watch >< In a way. It's soo much different from what u see in Glee.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    But everyone is doing the Glee thing nowadays :X out of the 3 weddings I've seen, 2 did that. It's fun, but sometimes its hard to watch >< In a way. It's soo much different from what u see in Glee.
    haha issit? i've never seen any! think my friends are more boring. hahaah. i guess it will only look the same if all the jiemeis+xiongdis are onz enuff, and the choreographing is good. they copy the exact same moves!?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by retrodots View Post

it's not expected, but a bonus for them. it depends on how you want to do it.. you can pay for the dresses, or let them pay and give them bigger angbao at the end of the day (which should cover the dresses)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by rojak View Post
    haha issit? i've never seen any! think my friends are more boring. hahaah. i guess it will only look the same if all the jiemeis+xiongdis are onz enuff, and the choreographing is good. they copy the exact same moves!?
    Not really. Cos it's kinda hard to do exactly the same stuff. It's fun, definitely. But u will really need a lot of rehearsals. If not, it will be kinda messy. And though some xiaodi and/or xiaomeis dont mind doing, you can see from their expressions that they are actually kinda paiseh to do such stuff infront of everybody. Haha

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    i also facing such problem actually. I have 5 xiong-dis and 5 jie-meis.

The jiemei problem :-
    Only 5 jiemeis. But the size is really S, M, L, XL and XXL. Initially i wanted to MTM dress for them. But....

Problem : The S & M size wanted to wear something nice and dont mind to wear sleeveless, tube dress & etc. The XL size lady wanted to wear something gaga. The XXL size lady say got too many fats. She wanted to wear dress that can cover her fats (which i could understand).

Now, my solution is... get them to wear their own fave dress. But all white. Sighh! I know it is not what i wanted. But i dont have a choice when different people gives me different expectation.

The XiongDi's Problem :-
    Only 5 XiongDi's. But seriously they are not sporty enough loh! I dont understand why my htb wants them to be the XiongDi's. I can see that they machiam not very willing to do it leh. And when we casually talk about the dressing of the XiongDi's. I say "since you guys are from same school, why not u all wear school uniform?"... And i gana from one of them, say "Please lah! U wedding your problem. Dont make us doll up like a clown lah!"

Problem : If i can, i really wish to change the whole batch of XiongDi's! But i know i cant loh. It's my HTB's friend. I have no say. Sighh!!!
    Cheesecake, your HTB have his reason in choosing his batch of XiaoDi(s), so in some way you must learn to respect them as they are/might be the closest friends of ur HTB. Not sure if your HTB will feel anything if u comment to him about how u feel towards his friends. I think secretly he might thinks that you are too demanding even though he appears to be alright? I guess it's about compromising stuff bah? I dont think ur HTB will comment about the Jie-meis you have?! If he's fine with the Jie Meis you want, you sld be fine with the Xiao Dis he want. Though they might not corporate.

Just my 2cents worth of view (: And hopefully ur troubles are solved now!

Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    Cheesecake, your HTB have his reason in choosing his batch of XiaoDi(s), so in some way you must learn to respect them as they are/might be the closest friends of ur HTB. Not sure if your HTB will feel anything if u comment to him about how u feel towards his friends. I think secretly he might thinks that you are too demanding even though he appears to be alright? I guess it's about compromising stuff bah? I dont think ur HTB will comment about the Jie-meis you have?! If he's fine with the Jie Meis you want, you sld be fine with the Xiao Dis he want. Though they might not corporate.

Just my 2cents worth of view (: And hopefully ur troubles are solved now!
    Hmm... In some way, you are true lah. My HTB didnt say that I'm demanding. He says that whatever i commented is somehow true (that his xiongdi's has attitude problem and somehow arrogant). But he says that he dont have much close friends. And if he wanna change, he oso sorta difficult, becos the invitation (ask them to be the xiongdi) already out. If now he wanna change xiongdi also very difficult to say.

I know la. I compromise lo. My HTB also says the same.

Member Floren is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Try to bear with it ba. I believe he can understand how you feel from the way he commented. Is he able to talk to his xiong di's to try to help you out? Maybe you can try asking him to ask his xiongdis to do the things you need help you with instead of you asking them directly? I think if your HTB ask them instead they might *obediently* comply since they are his close friends afterall.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Floren View Post
    Try to bear with it ba. I believe he can understand how you feel from the way he commented. Is he able to talk to his xiong di's to try to help you out? Maybe you can try asking him to ask his xiongdis to do the things you need help you with instead of you asking them directly? I think if your HTB ask them instead they might *obediently* comply since they are his close friends afterall.
    The thing is... my HTB is a VERY obedient boy. hahahahahahahhaas~!!! Problem lehhhh~!!!

Member meiphenglove is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    uh you mean ur HTB will do what his xiongdi's ask him to do arh?

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    cheesecake: that's why you are marrying him mah! his personality makes him the good husband for you ;)

about the glee thing, yeah i guess unless your entire troop of jie meis and xiong dis are already dancers, it will be hard to do the exact same move as the show itself. but still muz applaud their efforts in doing the performance for the wedding!

Member pastelpink is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    sian la if the jiemeis and xiongdis give problems lor...wedding already so stress wat for need to deal with more problems

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    u will feel lagi sian when people says "your wedding is your problem. dont make us dress like a clown".

Urgh!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    There are those where you dress simple but still nice? like a similar colour shirt with jeans/pants. By shirt I meant like button-up shirts not tees. No offence to all BTBs, but I think those brothers/sisters that merely wear red/pink/whatever colour tees with jeans/pants/skirts looked really weird! Actually those tee-shirt like material (cotton?) and everyone wears the exact same shade. I think its equivalent to clown as well luh. in my opinion.

Cheesecake, i think sometimes the brothers might not meant what they say luh. maybe they just cant correctly express themselves. I guess you need more communication with them! Cos the tone in which you/they speak to you might cause unnecessary misunderstanding that you might not want.