JP - DR Phua Tan Tee - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup. I think it's better to check with him nearer to the date of ur event (:

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi BTBs, I am also in search for the right JP for my ROM. Any good recommendations as I have no time anymore as my wedding is in Nov this year. Pls advise. Thanks!!!

Junior Member alexnedna is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Dr Phua is good.. he was my solemiser last week.. email him and he will reply within 3 days.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I got him too! HTB leave it all to my decision to have my dream ROM. Heard from my photographer that he is really popular and good.

Junior Member asdf is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    thanks! i will email him early Jul to check with him.
    np! hope he's free on the day of your solemnisation

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    He's confirmed my JP! Extremely happy ^^

Junior Member yuki.low is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes, he still conducting, as he just did mine on June 6th, 2011. Try to call his house numbers 6753-1028. Try to call before 9am on weekends. Great guy with good words while he conducts the ceremony. But, just remember to give "ang pao" based on minimum market price, else he will get back to you and request directly asking you to give your best "token appreciation"

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    !! So how much did u give him? I've heard of ppl giving him around $38 to $48 before! Wonder if its sufficient.

Member cryoaz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki.low View Post
    yes, he still conducting, as he just did mine on June 6th, 2011. Try to call his house numbers 6753-1028. Try to call before 9am on weekends. Great guy with good words while he conducts the ceremony. But, just remember to give "ang pao" based on minimum market price, else he will get back to you and request directly asking you to give your best "token appreciation"
    huh what is so call the minimum market price? can range from $28 to $88. You mean if he feels not enough he will come back and ask for more??????

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    !! So how much did u give him? I've heard of ppl giving him around $38 to $48 before! Wonder if its sufficient.
    Hi Pinnpinn. $38-$48 is around market price (transportation cost) I read that he didnt accept ang pao so i just gave some (way below market). he called and told me that it was below market price and i asked how much he required but he didnt mention. he just said, give your best token of appreciation. i ended up gave close to $70

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by cryoaz View Post
    huh what is so call the minimum market price? can range from $28 to $88. You mean if he feels not enough he will come back and ask for more??????
    Hi Cryoaz. Based on ROM website, market is about $38-$48. yes, he called me immediately and told me straight off that the token was way below market price. i didnt know how much is sufficient. moreover, he drives so i thought the amount given shuold be sufficient. later, he told me to mail cheque to his house. i didnt have time to mail the next day and he sent me reminder email after 2 days of the even. in the end, i mailed the cheque and end up giving about $70. but is alright, overall his speech was delivered in many good words and my hubby said is ok as this is only once in your lifetime.

i just want to share this information because it is very uncomfortable to be said and quite embarassing too. hope that new bribes can learn from my experience.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Wow. Ok, so i guess I know the range to give him now. My friend met up with his JP, and the first thing the JP said was to give him a ang pao of $88!

Member cryoaz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki.low View Post
    Hi Pinnpinn. $38-$48 is around market price (transportation cost) I read that he didnt accept ang pao so i just gave some (way below market). he called and told me that it was below market price and i asked how much he required but he didnt mention. he just said, give your best token of appreciation. i ended up gave close to $70
    Yuki, so it's actually ok to give the range between $38-$48 as this is considered the market price?