Julia Wedding News - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member geraldineyap is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    oohh! they let you try the gowns before you sign the package? that's really good! sometimes those gowns hanging on the racks look different when we wear them...haha

Junior Member home90210 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelw618 View Post
    hi all..
    i took my package with Julia too and i am very satisfied with them..
    feel free to visit my pre wedding shots from multiply
    http://rachelnini.multiply.com/photo...a_Wedding_News
    Hi, mind to share the package ? did you take the ps in singapore or at taiwan? My email is sayjon@gmail.com. Thanks

Member jasmine is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hey ladies, do they speak in chinese only? I cant speak chinese well

Junior Member pl4nx is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    julia is on high side, but service is good. they do speak english but quite limited.

Junior Member memore is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hows their gowns like? my colleague told me their initial package was $3000 but paid $7000+ eventually because they chose many photos...

Junior Member luvminz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I took their package at 4k plus and paid up to 8k plus but I am fully satisfied with their svc, gown and everything. They have excellence svc and gowns. They have more new gowns now. Would def recommend them. It's once in a lifetime, def you will want ur wedding album to be pretty and nice. You will not regret taking them upon seeing all the pictures. =)

try their gowns first and have a look at their album collections.

Member hpchean is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i am sharing my experience in JWN. As i currently have different packages with different bridal shops, i think i can make a fair comparison between JWN and others.

Firstly, they are willing to accommodate your requirement and work out your packages from there onwards.
    I told them I need many poses, and I may not need other small gifts / free perks, then we reached the price that pleased both parties.

Secondly, they are very accommodating and solve your problem.
    At first, i signed 2 packages from them and 1 from their taiwan sister shop. But after that, I regretted and want to cancel my package with their taiwan sister shop (coz personally i think the picture is not greatly taken and the gowns are limited). Michelle immediately helped me transfer the payment to another package, very helpful indeed.

Thirdly, their white gowns are simply gorgeous.
    I always dream of having a princessy gown with super long train. And JULIA successfully fulfilled my dream. The lace are so soft and they can catch my preference pretty fast, by trying few gowns ahead. I have a hard time of choosing the gowns, because I like most of them!!

Lastly, some people may think that their evening gowns may be limited, but I still managed to try out different styles, (mermaid, sexy, dreamy etc). Their gowns are pretty new and clean, no stain and all the beadings sequins are in place.

I KIV 8 gowns within 4 hours. that's fast.

I must agree that their price are slightly at the high side, but with the service they provided, i think it is worthy.

Now I am considering if I should take their AD package !!!

Member hpchean is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oops, to clarify myself, I am choosing 8 gowns for my Bali PS, with 2 packages as I want 2-day shooting. 1 package only entitled to 3-4 gowns.

Junior Member CASTINE is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

My Bad Experience with Julia Wedding at Tanjong Pagar

Very Disappointed with Julia Wedding )

Last week, we wasted a trip down to Julia Wedding when we are suppose to discuss about the compensation for the photos taken on my wedding in Mar 12. End up with no sincere compensation (they only offer free a photo session in the studio when we need to do our own make up and hair do) .They make us to explain again today why are the photos not acceptable to us . Worse... the photographer engaged by Julia Wedding, Raymond Yeong (http://www.aestheticvilla.com/) still gives us attitude.

We are very disappointed when we see the photos taken on that day. Especially the tables photos, most of them with vey bright background( due to the sunlight exposure) therefore most of the faces are not clear ( especially me n my hubby when we are the highlights on the day). Sad.....when I realise that the photographer we paid to Julia ($880 for unlimted photography as stated in the invoice), didnt even have a full length photo of the Bride (Me). Even when he got the chance too , he only took a angle photo of me , partially

Serene from Julia Wedding claims that they are just a middle man even though they are sorry about it .

Which is why till now I have no posted online any tables photos yet especially, as I need to edit most of them with special effect in order to cover the defects so that my guest look better on the photos.

Dear friends
    Especially to those getting married soon, this is my kind advise to you all ....

Junior Member ppeanut is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Wow, thats very unprofessional of them! they should have been more apologetic. Thanks for letting us know..

Junior Member carrotgal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Hpchean,

May i know how you know their gowns from their sis shop was limited? i also sign up from the sis company and jwn itself for AD. I was thinking should i change my taiwan shoot to JWN. Need your advice.

Junior Member filletofish is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi BTBs,

In case you are wondering about/ considering JWN, here's my humble review and experience with them

I took JWN PW package to TW during their roadshow earlier in Jan'12. The lady whom i signed with initially has returned to TW branch and has transferred my account to her male colleague. It cld be that i took a promo package, hence the gowns selection was very limited. But there's a lady (I forgot her name), she is very helpful during my gown fittings and advised what to select and what not to select etc. for my TW PW shoot. The people at TW branch are a friendly and jovial bunch, hence they made our session pretty enjoyable.

But I guess the main 'killer' is the photo-selection part - typical negotiation and selling of 'top-ups'. Our photos are pleasant enough that the HTB is willing to top-up $4K more (which total price we paid = $6~7K for PW with JWN!) ( (so be firm ladies! dont get swayed!)

But one thing for sure is that those Tg Pagar boutique somehow has got alittle tinge of 'cheena' photo-taking style (posey, over-the-top effect, swirls, blings etc). So select very carefully and do more homework! Think through 'what exactly is your style' before engaging any photographers/ signing any package. If all the 'posey' and 'over-the-top' effects are not your style, then eliminate it and move on towards someone who can provide you with "photojournalistic" or "fine art photography". Browsing thru different albums taken by diff photogaphers/boutiques on FB/blog/web, allow you to expose to more information to define your character, then shortlist what you wanted.

Honestly, my HTB kinda 'bo-chup' towards the wedding details as he only concern for the bigger ticket item such as house & banquet. The finer ones like photo, video, gowns etc, all leave to me to decide. (I aint sure if all BTBs experience the same as me. Haha!)

Overall conclusion- if I could turn back time, I wouldnt pick JWN, unless I've done enough research to confirm that they are what I wanted. Afterall, all these phototakings aint cheap! And you only take once in ur life! So make sure that money is well-spent! Unllike me - spent and regret, all because of a hasty decision made.

Cheeers~

Member dinobaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
    hey ladies, do they speak in chinese only? I cant speak chinese well
    if you can't speak chinese well just let them know, they will allocate english speaking to you

Junior Member illinirice is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thinking of whether to sign up for photoshoot with JWN in Singapore. Anyone did the indoor photoshoot and felt that it was done well?

Junior Member tennis is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    The staff are nice=)