Live band at banquet

PerfectPixie

Hi Serena, you may want to consider Corazon. They are currently providing a special 10% discount for Perfect Wedding Members for live band performance. Price will depend on how many musicians you need in the band. Contact them for more details. :)

rojak

Dear Serena, there's a band "A Little Dream" that specializes in wedding live band performances. it's a group of a few people, who do both english and chinese pop. I've heard them at a wedding, they were SO GOOD! their choice of songs is catered to the occasion, the couple, as well as the crows. Very professional! You can check out their website, and watch them on youtube (they're very popular in singapore) before deciding. all the best! :)

whitepudding

Hi Serena,

When's your wedding? I was at a friend's wedding recently and they got a relatively new but very good band called the wedding song. Freelance and their charges are very reasonable. You could email me at whitepudding@gmail.com if you need more details.

lassymoo

is having a live band quite common these days? do the guests actually pay attention to the music or does it become like "back ground noise" to the cluttering of the utensils..?

pinnpinn

I think it's getting common. For me, I wont be engaging because I think the crowd wont really enjoy or listen and, it means additional cost. I will rather spend it somewhere. A honeymoon or better furnishing for my house! But it all depends? If you really want it, just go ahead. Create something that you want and not think of what the guests think. I believe some guests will still pay attention :)

pastelpink

it is best if the hotel package comes with the live band! hahah...save money to engage but still hv a different feel compared to playing cds!

cheesecake

I think unplugged session would be good enough. My music friends will play unplugged for me. One acoustic guitar and one piano is good enough for a singer. And i do have full band music friends. But i really dont intend to activate them all. Hahas... the violins, double bass, drums, percussions, rythm guitar, saxophone, pipa, er-hu, electric guitars, harmonica & etc etc. If i really activate them all, i think my wedding is gonna be a concert! Cannot larrr... I pick two of them in the band to be my emcee tho.

If full band, some people might feel a little "too much" for a wedding. Unless your guests are all those people who really appreciates musics ba. And it is quite costly to engage full band.

Floren

what is unplugged ah? I also like violin, those classical instruments but I think engaging those very expensive cos not as many out there unlike guitarist, pianist.

oreo

i think wedding band is not that expensive and it really livens the mood, it's really nice to have otherwise your guests will be really bored when waiting for the march in. :)

juzanothergal

Kaze

My friends and I play the flute for leisure and performed at weddings before. So I'm intending to ask them to help play for mine!

jayjie

hi im jay very new here. im also planning for a live band on my wedding in May '12 any good suggestions? I also like singing so i intend to sing on stage as well. Appreciate all fellows gd feedbacks! 10X!

Chris Tan

Hihi,

I have recently attended a friend's wedding and thought the band in attendance was really, really good! Have called them to enquire for another friend's wedding in December and was quote $1100 for a 2 piece acoustic setup. Check them out at http://www.khairi70.com.

Hope this helps :)

CT