Lunch or dinner wedding?

syenny

Hi,
I will have a wedding July next year. Which one is better for wedding? Lunch or dinner?
I'm also need to know where is the good place to take a pre wedding pictures.

thanks,
SIEN:)

Jiemin

It really depend on you.
For us, we prefer lunch for the following reason:
1) There is no break in between and end by 4~5pm (settle bill everything) and we can the rest of the night to ourselves
2) Not too tiring for our guest as most guests need to work on the next day after PH. Same applied to Sunday lunch.
3) Tea ceremony in the hotel(for the bride's side) and lunch reception start straight after ceremony, guests do not need to travel from bride's home to hotel. (These relatives will not be late since they are there)
4) Cheaper than dinner (not apply to all hotels).
5) More likely to get the date you want.

Cons to factor in:
1) Can be very rush due to list of agenda in the morning
2) No Actual day photo taking session in other location
3) lesser Ang Bao money as many people think lunch is very cheap
4) No gate crashing montage video to show during banquet (normally they need at least 3-4hours to make a montage)
5) Shorter time (Dinner from 7~11pm, lunch from 12:30~3pm)

bumblebeez

I am thinking of having a wedding lunch. But I hope to squeeze my solemnization in the morning programme as well.. is it possible?

2014ftw

I'm having both! Lunch wedding for family at a hotel, and dinner wedding for friends at a restaurant.

We have a lot of guests flying in from overseas for the lunch wedding, and they told us they prefer lunch so they have time to fly back in evening, or take the night off to visit Singapore tourist spots.

Personally, I feel lunch weddings have a more relaxed feel, and dinner weddings have a more glam feel, but both are lovely! It mainly depends on how you envision your day(s) to be like :)

jonathan

definitely lunch fr me n fiancee. its something we wan to get done n over. so we can have the night to chill n party! ~ and its cheaper for luncheon!

waterlily1

I think it depends on your objectives, such as whether your family and relatives require a sit down dinner or not. but generally pictures taken during the day may come out better, so that will be one consideration too. dinners also tend to be more expensive

Ellie22

I guess some factors to consider would be:

- Whether you want to show montage/video of gate-crashing. I think basic montage can still be done within 3/4 hours.
- Ang-bao. Yes, I think most people do give much lesser if it was lunch as compared to dinner.
- Time. More time for the banquet if it is dinner. Also, more time to rest or can have later timing to start gate-crashing as compared to having a lunch banquet.