Malay Wedding Venue Recommendation?

Rozhardman

Does anyone have any good recommendation for a wedding venue for a contemporary Malay wedding? We're looking at 500-800 guests, not all at one time, possibly +/- max. 350 guests at any one time from 11 am to 5 pm. Preferred location Central or East.

thetoots

kranji... garden asia.. they have shuttle bus though... they do before malay wedding.. from wad i knw... their food is halal certify.. strictly no pork or lard.. even their cutlery nv touch those b4.. bt well they dun get the cert becox they do sell alcohol... bt food wise dunid to worry so u guyz may try to hold it there? in garden then in void deck i suppose?

poshberries

You have to try Grand Mecure Roxy Hotel at Marine Parade, just directly opposite to Parkway Parade. This hotel is the only and 1st in Singapore to apply official licence to operate for Muslim Weddings. Their prices are quite reasonable for hotel rates. The ballroom can accomodate up to 22 to 26 tables with smart lighting systems. You get to enjoy your breakfasts at their 17th storey executive club lounge where you really see the whole seaview & horizon across the ocean. But the only drawback is the ballroom is pillared and the carpark lots are quite limited. In order to have more lots, you can park directly at Roxy Square shopping centre which is linked together with the hotel. You may look for Sabrina Tan if you need her service. Hope this helps. Thanks.

poohbeary

i think there's a hotel in little india/ serangoon area that does Muslim weddings leh...plaza parkroyal or something like that lah can't remember.

robertfey82

Hello, there!! my cousin brother is looking for a wedding space in central park. You know finding a wedding venue in the middle of summer is very tedious job. But I do manage to find one from the help of my forum members which you gave through these posting.

Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!

They have Muslim set menus and buffet menus.

There's gonna be a Muslim Wedding Fair at Hotel Re! this Saturday and it’s complimentary admission for first 100 couples otherwise its just $12 per couple.

The other time my friend’s wedding was held there and the food was really nice and filling plus the service staff very polite. I think this will be a good chance to check out their ballroom, promotions, the different themes for their weddings and enjoy their lunch reception.

Can find out more details and register at their website: http://www.hotelre.com.sg/pameranperkahwinan.html

kumodiva

Having the same issue .. I'm looking at a very small affair event for 100 pax as this is our 2nd wedding. Planning for a wedding after 20 years .. is well ... unbelievable! lol

AtiqahA

Hi,, I have the exact same problem...
Initially, I booked a good location. It was a standalone building, 2 stories, both indoor and outdoor included, enough to fit about 500-600 pax, although I only have 150 -180 pax planned.
Catering included, Sounds System included, Wait staff included.
I went for all the food tasting...! Which was perfect. All my plans were in shape.
But about a year before the wedding date, they start to ignore my emails and calls. For quite a long time.
Then, about 10 months before my wedding, they finally tell me that their lease ends around June next year, which means they cannot hold my wedding.
Now I am in a fix. HELP MEEEE!!!