Marrying a flight attendant

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member himuradrew is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Marrying a flight attendant

Hello,

I have a girlfriend of 4 months whom I've already proposed marriage to and she has already said yes. We will be having our engagement in around November or so.

Problem is, she's applied to work in a airline company as a flight attendant. I'm kind of afraid that we might drift apart or might have difficulties in our relationship because of her job. But I do love her very much and I don't like to force her to make a decision regarding me or her career. We've almost quarreled about it a few times.

Do you think I should put our marriage plans on hold? Or should I just go ahead push through?

Thank you!

Junior Member jessi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hey himuradrew, if both of you are sure that you want to be together, then go ahead with it. however both of you will have to adapt to the new lifestyle. has she been confirmed for the job? as far as i know, it's not easy to get through to be a flight attendant, it may have been her dream to be one?

as long as she and you can stay committed to one another, i dont see much of a problem. after all, sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder.

people will change careers as we grow older. as a saying goes, the only thing constant is change. What matters more is whether your love for each other can withstand those changes. what Ive learnt the past few years is that love is not all about those romantic feelings, it's actually a lot of work to sustain a relationship. involves commitment and sacrifice as well.

it seems that she is able to keep you and her career, but will you be able to live without seeing her everyday?

Junior Member yuki is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i would say put it on hold because 4 months is a little too short to get to know a person. actually 1 to 2 years is just nice to get to know what a person is like, so that you are more prepared for marriage.

Member germainetay is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree with yuki, not to burst your excitement but 4 months is really too short to know a person really well. Marriage is not just based on romantic feelings, committed love is v important. You normally get to see committed love after 2-3 years into the relationship when things dont become as romantic rosy as before then you can ask yourself whether is she the person you still love and want to marry

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i would say how long you know a person then propose is not the matter .... but then if she is going to be flying around ... you might want to try it out as not much guys can take it .. worst if she is not station in Singapore.

lets just say that she is station in Singapore, can you take it that when those big days or public holiday she is always not around? or when you are sick or needed help she is not around? and then her life style will be very different from most people around you...

life style will be different from working in office... people she meet ... places she goes.... people she going to mix with.....

some guys like it cause they feel that in this way they have their own space and will be more loving cause you dun see each other the much.

so which kind of guy are you???

last of all if you decided to go ahead with your plan and she got her flying job, then pls pls bear in mind that TRUST is one of the most important thing that will keep both of you guys going.

cheers!!

Junior Member wabbit is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    the question to ask is: are both of u ready to settle down now... ?
    it takes two hands to clap. good luck.

Member missylis is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    are you able to live with long periods without her? you need to ask yourself whether that's the kind of lifestyle you want. marriage is about sacrifices, either you give in or she give in, or both give in a little..

Junior Member aanchalverma is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think you both must have word regarding this before your engagement as it is better to take a decision which is beneficial for both of you, so that you can avoid friction after marriage.

Junior Member crudestar is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi there,

my boyfriend is a flight steward and our relationship is going strong despite all the warnings and stories people have been telling me. In fact, we are getting married next year. As my girl, the fears of him drifting away is very real. but what is very important is COMMUNICATION and FAITH. We update each other about our daily happenings and despite him travelling alot, we communicate through skype very often.

so take heart my friend. If it's meant to do, things will work out naturally.

Junior Member julieswong is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    if you feel this is the right gal for you, then go for it.. life changes all the time and we have to adapt to the situation as we go along.. communication and trust is key

Member littlemissy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think you should just trust your feelings

Senior Member churvalo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi, if you really love her-support her in any way-be it work,career,emotional everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by himuradrew View Post
    Hello,

I have a girlfriend of 4 months whom I've already proposed marriage to and she has already said yes. We will be having our engagement in around November or so.

Problem is, she's applied to work in a airline company as a flight attendant. I'm kind of afraid that we might drift apart or might have difficulties in our relationship because of her job. But I do love her very much and I don't like to force her to make a decision regarding me or her career. We've almost quarreled about it a few times.

Do you think I should put our marriage plans on hold? Or should I just go ahead push through?

Thank you!

Member saccharine is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Push through the wedding! If you love someone so much, nothing (even distance) can stop you from pursuing that person.

Junior Member Polly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I m an ex Crew and my hubby proposed after 3 mths of courtship which I accepted.. We have been married for 3 1/3 yrs now and is a new mummy of 1. To have a crew as wifey or vice vesus, trust is extremely important. It is not easy for outsiders to understand crew habits both overseas or at home. For example, my hubby dun understand y I need to have uninterrupted sleep for a few hrs before flight or y am I so tired even after a short flt.. I say.. If the love is there, go ahead!