MBS? Fullerton/Bay? or Ritz Carlton?

chicsavvy

Dilemma in choosing venue.

Fullerton/Bay - My first choice but I didn't like how their email revert to me was so now I'm contemplating. Plus friend told me their ballrooms have low ceiling?

Ritz Carlton - 2nd choice but too overrated :p Good service and email correspondence so far. But don't have the date I want.

MBS - New choice. Quite ok impression so far, just have to wait for their first email reply tmr.

Any other suggestions?

Glitzger

not for MBS.. impression wiht their service not too gd when i had an event there last year (not wedding though).. friend who attended wedding dinner there said food was cold by the time it was served... not sure if it's because the kitchen is further away?

clarice

Hi chicsavvy,

I went to MBS today and met up with Gladys Toh (Senior Catering and Conference Manager). She is a nice lady and patiently explained the packages to my HTB and myself. Also, she brought us to the ballrooms and we were really impressed with the space in the ballrooms as well as the reception area. Most importantly, the view at the level 4 ballroom is really beautiful. It overlooks the explanade, the flyer, skyscrappers, etc.

As for the food wise.... maybe it really poses a problem but i guess if we arrange with the hotel beforehand and pre-empt this problem, maybe can solve? As for service wise, really have to feedback to them ba...

My HTB and I are still considering if we should take up their package cos its really quite costly.... :)

chicsavvy

Hi hi sorry for the late reply :)

I spoke to Gladys the last time as well, had fixed an appointment to see venue but I canceled last minute because of one reason. The distance from the suite to the wedding venue. No doubt they have a resting room over at the wedding venue side but it can be a hassle if we forget anything, not that the bride or groom have to run back to take but would pose a hassle for the others lor... That's why we canceled the last minute. Menu wise, we r quite impressed actually because for that price, many places dont give a whole suckling pig :) So if you dont mind the distance (plus some friends advised us not to because MBS is catered more of corporate functions place).

We have settled for Hilton hotel. Coincidentally, we had a great package cos our wedding is gona be held within this year itself in october. Haha i know, im such a hasty bride! (but no, it's not shotgun wedding haha, in fact we already have kids!) Our current up-to-date invited list is around 20 tables but we have booked for 30 tables because we want the grand ballroom (that is with high ceiling).

I've been to a couple of site visits like Fort canning hotel, intercontinental, regent before deciding on hilton. So if you are interested in asking me about these venues, let me know :)

*was a close competition between inter and hilton* :)

clarice

Hi!

Thanks for the reply :) i discussed with my bf also and decide that maybe we shall give MBS a miss even though the view is really good. Yes i do agree that the menu is really good but if the menu is good and the food is served cold also no point la..

hee we are now back to square 1 hunting for hotels again. We went to Carlton, Holiday Inn Orchard... now we are looking into Four Seasons, Concorde, Marriot and Grand Hyatt... Wish me luck in finding the hotel we really like!! hee :)

Wa but Oct this year really quite rush leh! Stress or not?! We planning ROM this nov and banquet next nov :)

Anthenis

i wanted to choose fullerton as my first choice but could not due to the maximum no of tables on weekends which we could not meet. We love fullerton but just have to give it amiss. In the end, choosen Marina Mandrain instead.

geraldineyap

nickarie: usually a year in advance wud suffice. wud recommend be good to do it as soon as u and ur HTB can reach a decision. some dates and venues may be v hot so it's good to get this settled as soon as u can. :)

ritz carlton is 10 or 12 per table..? fullerton is very classy...i think the straits room for a wedding is very nice...hehe

Diana1093

You should be Aware that for MBS the bride changes in a makeshift tent like space as the rooms are too far away ... I dint really like the sound of that !

satinshoes

Makeshift tent? Oh dear...definitely not sounding nice to my ears either! Unless you are not planning a change of outfit for the 2nd march in then it won't be a problem.

chicsavvy

Indeed. When I heard that the wedding venue is not in the hotel precinct, I became sianz hahaha!

Fullerton indeed looks nice and from some online videos and photos. Yes, the Straits room but too small for my number of pax and yes again, those really nice hotels need at least 45 tables above, so I am neither here or there haha. But I am happy with my choice :)

As for the preps, I seriously dunno how I do it! I'm still not kan cheong leh, it seem not much to do (FOR NOW). Venue booked, new pair of rings bought, fitting next month, photographer and videographer booked, waiting for food tasting and final guest compilation to submit, band booked, emcee booked. The only thing we dun have is pre-photography pictures, not very us lah so opted out hehe

shipei

Hi All,

Just to share, if good food is your priority, then don't choose Fullerton.
Few friends had went for a wedding this month... Feedback was over-priced
ok-ok-only food... :)

Just a sharing!