mikan taiwan

waffleong

hi waffleong, how much is your air tickets for may 2012?
i wanted to go during may too but the air tickets is so ex!

I booked jetstar in late OCt fare from May 7 to 15 for the PS. costing $624 - 2 pax total for the air ticket. Wanted to go in Mar but May get the cheaper rate.

It be better to take the PS during weekdays? Not crowded and lesser people... :) My thoughts.

venussnow

weekdays are gd for photoshoot. it's less crowded definitely although u'll see a few wedding couples @ the diff locations :) i took my photos way back in sep and it's a fun experience. very diff from local photoshoot

I booked jetstar in late OCt fare from May 7 to 15 for the PS. costing $624 - 2 pax total for the air ticket. Wanted to go in Mar but May get the cheaper rate.

It be better to take the PS during weekdays? Not crowded and lesser people... :) My thoughts.

genyib

Hi all,
I'm new here, 2013 btb. I booked a package with Mikan last year too and am going in early May. Sunnie's replies are quite prompt for my case.
BTW, do you know how many photographers there are in Mikan? And do any of you know the cost of the courier service?
Thank you :)

waffleong

Hi ,

The courier service cost abt $200-300 if i m not wrong . Based on what i enquired.

From the mikan facebook, can see that they only have 刘sir, 周sir, 胜sir.
Kindly share which MUA, photographer u choosing , i been having headache whO to choose...

I'm gg in may too .. :)

genyib

Hi Waffleong, sorry for the late reply. I have booked air ticket from 2 May till 8 May to Taiwan.
Actually going Taiwan in May is not a bad choice, as the weather is starting to turn warm (around 20degrees) whereas March is still quite chilly. More clothes to buy too, yay!

I haven't have the time to add them in facebook, maybe i will do it over the weekend and browse through their works. Do you have any particular MUA / photographer in mind? Please share too :)
And oh, do you know if we have to pay the balance during the photoshoot? Or when we are collecting the album?

Meanwhile, my colleagues told me that it is best to self collect the album rather then having them to mail it over. That is so any discrepancies can be resolved right on the spot.

waffleong

Hi Waffleong, sorry for the late reply. I have booked air ticket from 2 May till 8 May to Taiwan.
Actually going Taiwan in May is not a bad choice, as the weather is starting to turn warm (around 20degrees) whereas March is still quite chilly. More clothes to buy too, yay!

I haven't have the time to add them in facebook, maybe i will do it over the weekend and browse through their works. Do you have any particular MUA / photographer in mind? Please share too :)
And oh, do you know if we have to pay the balance during the photoshoot? Or when we are collecting the album?

Meanwhile, my colleagues told me that it is best to self collect the album rather then having them to mail it over. That is so any discrepancies can be resolved right on the spot.

Helllooo, Actually i wanted to go on the same week as you and also my birthday fall on e week too.. but too bad during the booking of the jetstar tickets, the air fare was about $150 higher on that week which I could spend on the hotel stay already. We are on a budget trip :tongue: If not we shall possibly meet each other at the bridal shop.

I have chosen 小云姐 e MUA but wasnt sure if I had make the right choice as I read the other forum, her name was mentioned.

I think we have to pay the balance over there ba.. not too sure yet.. But self collecting the album was a better choice but of cos needs free time to travel there again.

I thought the May temp would be like 27deg according to the weather forecast, which meant to be hot. :D:D

genyib

waffleong, we are on budget trip too! I monitor jetstar promos for quite some time before booking the air tix! LOL
Btw, I went to add them in fb but they doesn't seems to indicate which photographer / MUA for that couples in the album leh.

I am not very sure but i frequent Taiwan every year as my F-MIL is a Taiwanese and thus I think she mentioned that the temperature in May is around 20 - 25degrees with rain. I went Taiwan in late May till early June last year and the weather is great, sunny but not humid or hot. Hopefully we will have a cooling sunny but not hot/humid weather during the day of our shoot *pray*

waffleong

waffleong, we are on budget trip too! I monitor jetstar promos for quite some time before booking the air tix! LOL
Btw, I went to add them in fb but they doesn't seems to indicate which photographer / MUA for that couples in the album leh.

I am not very sure but i frequent Taiwan every year as my F-MIL is a Taiwanese and thus I think she mentioned that the temperature in May is around 20 - 25degrees with rain. I went Taiwan in late May till early June last year and the weather is great, sunny but not humid or hot. Hopefully we will have a cooling sunny but not hot/humid weather during the day of our shoot *pray*

Pray it wont rain during my day for the photoshoot... bery worried lor.. I hope everyday will be a cloudy day and blue blue sky.

U have to keep on asking them in facebook. or read other comments. sometimes they will mention..

waffleong

Helllooo, Actually i wanted to go on the same week as you and also my birthday fall on e week too.. but too bad during the booking of the jetstar tickets, the air fare was about $150 higher on that week which I could spend on the hotel stay already. We are on a budget trip :tongue: If not we shall possibly meet each other at the bridal shop.

I have chosen 小云姐 e MUA but wasnt sure if I had make the right choice as I read the other forum, her name was mentioned.

I think we have to pay the balance over there ba.. not too sure yet.. But self collecting the album was a better choice but of cos needs free time to travel there again.

I thought the May temp would be like 27deg according to the weather forecast, which meant to be hot. :D:D

Any hotel recommendation???

venussnow

king of france is near to the bridal shop and raohe night market. u can easily get a cab there in abt 5min. mikan gave me complimentary stay @ kof for 3 days 2 nights. so after the PS, i moved to hotel 73 which is further away from mikan but more accessible to taipei 101, taipei train station etc. hope it helps

Any hotel recommendation???

Fidelia

I took a package with Mikan and went there for ps in Oct 2011. Up until today i have not received my photos. They told me they are working on the final stage now, so after everything is done they will post out the album.

I found that they are kinda pushy after u signed a package with them. At the point of time when i signed up for the package and paid around $800 as deposit, the whole package is "supposed" to cost me around 2.5k cant remember the exact amount. But when we were there at their studio, we incurred a lot of hidden charges. So in the end after adding in the extra photos and soft copy, and the hidden charges like Transport charges, ampoule which were really costly (they charged me NT5000 for one day usage), new gown rental charges, etc, we actually spent around almost S$6k for everything. *sighs* that's my experience with them.

waffleong

I took a package with Mikan and went there for ps in Oct 2011. Up until today i have not received my photos. They told me they are working on the final stage now, so after everything is done they will post out the album.

I found that they are kinda pushy after u signed a package with them. At the point of time when i signed up for the package and paid around $800 as deposit, the whole package is "supposed" to cost me around 2.5k cant remember the exact amount. But when we were there at their studio, we incurred a lot of hidden charges. So in the end after adding in the extra photos and soft copy, and the hidden charges like Transport charges, ampoule which were really costly (they charged me NT5000 for one day usage), new gown rental charges, etc, we actually spent around almost S$6k for everything. *sighs* that's my experience with them.

That sound very scarey... Anyway, are we allow to bring our own ampules, etc??

venussnow

you can bring bt unlikely they'll use giving quite alot of reasons. so in the end, i used theirs coz my hubby and i felt since we are alr there, just enjoy the exp.

i went for my ps in sept and i got my albums in jan. u have to push them quite abit coz their artwork team are pretty slow in returning emails. we went thru sunny most of the time when the artwork team doesn't reply the mail. also, do note tt in tw, there are several places tt are popular for taking wedding photos do req a entrance fee.

That sound very scarey... Anyway, are we allow to bring our own ampules, etc??

genyib

Wow, the ampoule is really expensive! That is weird cause their confirmation order have written clearly that the ampoules cost sgd22 only. Did you confront them? They charged you 10 times the price!
But for the rest of the details that you mentioned which incurred extra charges, I think that is standard for all bs. I asked them straight if there are any hidden costs and they told me all the above you have mentioned - transportation, venue rental, MUA whole day etc.
Can i ask how much did they charge you for the new gown rental?

Waffleong - if i remember correctly, we are allowed to bring our own. But it might be best to just let them earn the money so they will do a good makeup for you

venussnow

the ampoule is indeed sgd22/vial. nt5000 is for one box of 10 vials. they used ~5 for the female and 2 for the guys and u can take back the remaining vials but i totally forgot abt it after the shoot. i negotiated for transportation, full-day MUA and props vehicle to be thrown in for package. so i had to pay for only ampoules and certain venue rental such as da tun nong chang.

Wow, the ampoule is really expensive! That is weird cause their confirmation order have written clearly that the ampoules cost sgd22 only. Did you confront them? They charged you 10 times the price!
But for the rest of the details that you mentioned which incurred extra charges, I think that is standard for all bs. I asked them straight if there are any hidden costs and they told me all the above you have mentioned - transportation, venue rental, MUA whole day etc.
Can i ask how much did they charge you for the new gown rental?

Waffleong - if i remember correctly, we are allowed to bring our own. But it might be best to just let them earn the money so they will do a good makeup for you

Shirley Toh

the ampoule is indeed sgd22/vial. nt5000 is for one box of 10 vials. they used ~5 for the female and 2 for the guys and u can take back the remaining vials but i totally forgot abt it after the shoot. i negotiated for transportation, full-day MUA and props vehicle to be thrown in for package. so i had to pay for only ampoules and certain venue rental such as da tun nong chang.

I just came back from the shoot. Wasnt quite pleased with the services. My package includes:

48" Cyrstal Album
30 Photos
30 Backscene Photos (not included in actual album, only soft copy)
2 Ferris Wheel
1 Life Sized Poster
1 Guest Book
10 Sister invitation card
600 Thank You cards
1 Pocket Sized Album
1 Palm Held Album
6 Dresses (including VIP selection)
2 Groom Suits
3 Day Stay at Wonstar Hotel (Additional stay at $90)

Total Charges: $4k (before adding the following charges below)

Exclude:
Air Tickets

以下部份因為並非我們公司所提供 也不是每位顧客都一定需要使用 因此我們並不包含在所有拍攝的套組裡
所有服務項目與價格部份 僅提供參考 謝謝 (this portion below reflects all the extra charges stated my Mikan in the email to customer. Make sure you negotiate with them to get as many free item as possible otherwise any of the below will incur additional charges)

造型部分

1. 安瓶(AP) –1/SG22 ( 拍攝專用定妝液) - I paid NT5000 (SGD 220) for 10 ampoules. Brought my own but the MUA insist that we used theirs cause mine was for daily use, hers is for make up use. anyways i paid cause i read about MUA turns blackfaced when couple refused to use their ampoules. Cannot imagine seeing black face when she has to be with me for 10 hours of outdoor photoshoot.

2. Nu BRA-1/ SG130 - I brought my own.

3. 新郎西裝僅提供素面平口式TUXEDO,如有需加租背心或其他設計款/費用另計 - Be wary of men suit. They only provide white shirt, black pants, white pants. Things like vest, coat etc better negotiate with them for free before signing for package. Best is if bride got 6 outfit, ask them to give groom 6 outfits as well.

4. 造型師跟外一天/SG210 - they promised to give me outdoor MUA but somehow it was left out from the reciept upon signing. My hubby and i wasnt alert until nearing the photoshoot day, i nego with them to provide me MUA free but was rejected.

5. 加人入鏡拍攝 不含化妝與衣服 / SGD 50 - I was giving this component for free.

加一造型( 含妝、髮 設計)/ SGD 200 - My 6 suits came with 6 style, make up and hairdo. So i need not pay additional.

加一整體造型 ( 含妝、髮設計 與白紗或晚禮服) / SGD 400 - For your reference, i did not add on any more style or gowns cause 6 is more than enough.

外景拍照

1. 場地費/若您選到遊樂園、咖啡廳、農場,有需付費的才需要計費喔!(計費方式 依各地點門票計算) - Places i went is all FOC except renting a horse at NT 2800 at the seaside.

2. 外拍車/

(1) 大台北地區 10H SGD250 - Mine was included but exceded by 1 hour so i paid like SGD $25 more and i only had photoshoot in TPE area not any of the below.

(範圍: 台北縣市、桃園地區、新竹、宜蘭、九份、坪林、福隆、石門、萬里)

(2) 苗栗、三義 11H SGD360

(3) 台中 12H SGD520

(4) 南投 12H SGD550

(5) 花蓮或墾丁 2天1夜 (含住宿、拍攝2天) SGD1500

(6) 超時SGD25/1HR

3.拍照行程多加一天,需加費 (Make sure you get them to write things like, if raining, can redo the shoot (on another day) until satisfactory otherwise any bad weather will spoil the shoot)

(1)造型師費用TWD4200(不含跟外),如需造型師跟外另加TWD5000
(2)攝影師費用TWD5000
(3)外拍車同上述費用

拍攝道具

1. 煙火、仙女棒:SGD100

2. 拍攝道具花圈 (頭部及手)鮮花(依季節時價):SGD 60~SGD 80

3. 其他特殊服裝:看款式另計

4. 其他特殊道具租借:看道具費用另計

(道具費用因物價時有調整,依使用當時價格收費為主)

5. 蠟燭 SGD15
6. 劇組車外拍SGD480 ( I got 4 hours free, this included props like bicycle, violin, dummy piano etc)

接送機服務
1.接機 SGD50 (Free for my case)
2.送機 SGD50
3.接送機 SGD95

Now my experience over there. I wasnt quite please as the sales lady did not really help me with gown selection. I was left to see the range of unimpressive gowns including the so called "VIP range" where they put aside a corner in the lady's fitting room. I couldnt get what i want and the sales lady went into a lock up room to bring out few more gowns to WOW me. The range of gowns from the real VIP room easily beat any of the gowns outside. Then she said any gowns from the VIP room need to add on $$$. Per gown is add on NT10000 (SGD 400). I wanted 3 gowns from the room and she said she can give me a discount of NT15000 for 3 (SGD 630). I was upset as my invoice wrote i am entitled to VIP gowns. She clarified that the VIP gowns placed outside are OLDER gowns, anything from the VIP ROOM is new and need to TOP UP $$$. Well. I did top up as there is no other better gowns from the outside to choose from.

Then is the photographer. i added Mikan on FB and i wanted a specific photographer which i liase with their email officer Sunny. Apparently the photographer i wanted was not arrange for me. They randomly assigned me any photographer. I was furious by then and demanded for the specific photographer i wanted. Later on they assigned me Sheng Sir who is who I wanted.

I had a total of 400 over shots and i spent the 3rd day selecting photos. I decided to give up whichever unwanted items in my package in exchange for more photos. In the end i deleted the photos till i was left with about 90 shots. my package only has 30 shot. They want us to top up sgd$65 for additional photo. In the end we top up 1k
to get all 90 softcopy in a CD and 58 photos to be edited and included in the album.

Total cost spent : $5.8k excluding airtickets but including all the top ups.

Now my concern is if they photo arrive in time before my wedding dinner and if the photo editing team do a good job anot. I must say, i am not entirely pleased with their services no doubt their photos turn out not bad on facebook.

qingzone

Hi Shirley,

I'm also going to taiwan for PS with mikan 2 weeks later.
Can tell us the brand of ampoule you bought which they deemed as unsuitable?
Also can tell us who is ur makeup artist? maybe we try to avoid her ba.

can email me if you want to talk abt it offline : kc.and.mag@gmail.com

Regards
MAG