Must si dian jin be gold?

kimberlyfrance

Hi all, I know the MIL would give a 4 piece jewellery to the bride. If so:

1.) Must it be really gold? Can it be silver/diamond? I mean i know gold is precious and all that, but I feel it makes a woman look 'old'

2.) When does MIL give it?

3.) The bride must or must not wear the jewellery on her wedding day.

Thanks!

Tenshi

1) it really all depends on your MIL liao .... cause buy the si dian jin is from her pocket.... rich one will give 4 diamonds instead ... I dun think anyone will buy silver la ...
Some bride even ask their MIL wat is their budget and they the bride top up the difference as they wanted something more expensive. So do check with your MIL her budget ....(basically ask your htb la i think he will have an idea)

2) This si dian jin is to be given to you on the guo da li day

3) This si dian jin is normally wear on your AD during your tea ceremoney ... some MIL they very easy going as in if you dun want they dun mind you dun wear. .... some very traditional .... so do check it out ...(again ask your htb to check )

ZSW

why don't you choose white gold then? not silver.. some shops sell a mix of white and yellow gold which actually looks really classy.. my MIL wanted to buy those for me but my hubby says better get pure yellow gold in case my mum complains..

so dont just ask your MIL but must see if your own parents are particular. cos you must help your MIL save face too.

ZSW

GDL depends if you need to choose a good date. normally if you practice GDL, means you will need to find an auspicious date. Else, it can be anytime from 1 month to 1 week before.
mostly ppl do it 1 month in advance so you have distribute the cakes and pork to relatives when giving the invitation cards. cos the pork is given during the GDL..

eillyn216

My MIL gave me a budget and asked me to choose those I like so I end up getting a mixture of white gold and rose gold with diamonds :D