Need advice on Angbaos to give on actual day

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Aquarius84 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Need advice on Angbaos to give on actual day

Hi everyone,

During actual wedding day, how much angbaos to give and to whom?

1. Bride's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters
    2. Bride to give angbao only to sisters
    3. Groom's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters
    4. Groom to give angbao only to brothers
    5. Groom to give angbaos to all bros who drives
    6. Bride and Groom to give angbao to MUA, PG/VG, Banquet Manager
    7. Bride and Groom to give angbaos to kids during tea ceremony
    8. Groom to give angbao to bride's brother who opened door

Are all mentioned above correct? For No. 1 and 3, couples will fork out a sum of $ for parents to give bros and sis?

Senior Member melo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    see this thread, many people give suggestions on ang bao to give helpers.

How much ang pao do you give your wedding helpers?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thank you melo!

However in the thread itself, only mentioned on bro and sister's angbao.. I still have quite a no. of queries as stated in first mail..

Anyone can kindly assist me with that? Many Thanks!!

Member a1beng is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    For your information, this is according to my wedding which just past few weeks back
    1. Bride's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters - $18 each (5 brothers & 5 sisters)
    2. Bride to give angbao only to sisters - never give, sisters already earned $ from gate crashing games
    3. Groom's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters - $18 each (5 brothers & 5 sisters)
    4. Groom to give angbao only to brothers - never give, only given by the parents
    5. Groom to give angbaos to all bros who drives - this is given by parents also, $68 each to cover their petrol and chaffering
    6. Bride and Groom to give angbao to MUA, PG/VG, Banquet Manager - depends on you, we never give since their services are paid
    7. Bride and Groom to give angbaos to kids during tea ceremony - $10 each
    8. Groom to give angbao to bride's brother who opened door - $18
    Additional:
    9. Groom to give angbao to little boy who opened door after FTB

It may sound little for each person, but it actually adds up to a huge amount when u total up.
    For your consideration, if you are on a budget.

Senior Member blur blur gal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow sounds a lot for me le

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think for bridemaid right, should no need to give ba, since they earn from gatecrashing and bride to provide their dress on actual day. I intend to get package from ocassion inc in raffles city, we will set the colour and let them choose their own design. Afterall I hope that they are still able to wear the same dress for other uses, don't waste it.

Bros who are driving, maybe groom still need to give. Afterall they are group of people who need to go through gate crash, help groom with the alcohol and etc.

MUA, PG/VG & banquet manager, I really think don't need to give cause they are service provider. However if you want to give, give a $8 ang bao, for auspicious. Afterall, the reason for giving ang bao is giving luck and blessing.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Then may i ask if you all will be giving extra angbao to the emcees and maid of honour/bestman as they provide more assistance? (They are bro and sis)

For the MUA, PG/VG and Banquet Mgr when you nvr give them will they actually asked for it?

a1beng, for no. 9, i dont understand, when will the little boy open the door? car door or what door?
    Then back to bride house, during tea ceremony, do you still give angbao to bride's bro? (One from groom, one from bride)

Yes, everything is $$. Many little sum adds up to one huge sum. Our Restaurant is charging us for the seat covers as well! Goodness!

Member a1beng is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh yah, I forgot about the Emcees. I gave to both of them before the banquet starts. As for the maid of honour/bestman aka brothers and sisters, it was covered by my parents and in-laws.

For the MUA, PG/VG and Banquet Mgr, they will not ask for it since they are the service line. It is given on a goodwill by couples.

For No. 9, the little boy (it was my nephew) will have to open the car door (the side where the bride sits) when I fetch the bride from her home and arriving at my house.

During tea ceremony, whether it is at the groom's/bride's, our stand was when they offered tea to us, then we will give them angbao (one from both of us). We do not give angbao specially to bride's brother.

For the charging of the seat covers, it should be included in the banquet package. At least for hotels, it does.
    Try to bargain it off if u can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius84 View Post
    Then may i ask if you all will be giving extra angbao to the emcees and maid of honour/bestman as they provide more assistance? (They are bro and sis)

For the MUA, PG/VG and Banquet Mgr when you nvr give them will they actually asked for it?

a1beng, for no. 9, i dont understand, when will the little boy open the door? car door or what door?
    Then back to bride house, during tea ceremony, do you still give angbao to bride's bro? (One from groom, one from bride)

Yes, everything is $$. Many little sum adds up to one huge sum. Our Restaurant is charging us for the seat covers as well! Goodness!