+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
09-02-2012 09:49 PM #1
Need advice on Angbaos to give on actual day
During actual wedding day, how much angbaos to give and to whom?
1. Bride's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters
2. Bride to give angbao only to sisters
3. Groom's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters
4. Groom to give angbao only to brothers
5. Groom to give angbaos to all bros who drives
6. Bride and Groom to give angbao to MUA, PG/VG, Banquet Manager
7. Bride and Groom to give angbaos to kids during tea ceremony
8. Groom to give angbao to bride's brother who opened door
Are all mentioned above correct? For No. 1 and 3, couples will fork out a sum of $ for parents to give bros and sis?
11-02-2012 01:03 PM #2
12-02-2012 02:45 PM #3
Thank you melo!
However in the thread itself, only mentioned on bro and sister's angbao.. I still have quite a no. of queries as stated in first mail..
Anyone can kindly assist me with that? Many Thanks!!
23-02-2012 11:57 AM #4
For your information, this is according to my wedding which just past few weeks back
1. Bride's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters - $18 each (5 brothers & 5 sisters)
2. Bride to give angbao only to sisters - never give, sisters already earned $ from gate crashing games
3. Groom's parents give angbaos to all bros and sisters - $18 each (5 brothers & 5 sisters)
4. Groom to give angbao only to brothers - never give, only given by the parents
5. Groom to give angbaos to all bros who drives - this is given by parents also, $68 each to cover their petrol and chaffering
6. Bride and Groom to give angbao to MUA, PG/VG, Banquet Manager - depends on you, we never give since their services are paid
7. Bride and Groom to give angbaos to kids during tea ceremony - $10 each
8. Groom to give angbao to bride's brother who opened door - $18
9. Groom to give angbao to little boy who opened door after FTB
It may sound little for each person, but it actually adds up to a huge amount when u total up.
For your consideration, if you are on a budget.
23-02-2012 09:15 PM #5
wow sounds a lot for me le
24-02-2012 11:03 AM #6
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Perfect Points
I think for bridemaid right, should no need to give ba, since they earn from gatecrashing and bride to provide their dress on actual day. I intend to get package from ocassion inc in raffles city, we will set the colour and let them choose their own design. Afterall I hope that they are still able to wear the same dress for other uses, don't waste it.
Bros who are driving, maybe groom still need to give. Afterall they are group of people who need to go through gate crash, help groom with the alcohol and etc.
MUA, PG/VG & banquet manager, I really think don't need to give cause they are service provider. However if you want to give, give a $8 ang bao, for auspicious. Afterall, the reason for giving ang bao is giving luck and blessing.
27-02-2012 03:12 PM #7
Then may i ask if you all will be giving extra angbao to the emcees and maid of honour/bestman as they provide more assistance? (They are bro and sis)
For the MUA, PG/VG and Banquet Mgr when you nvr give them will they actually asked for it?
a1beng, for no. 9, i dont understand, when will the little boy open the door? car door or what door?
Then back to bride house, during tea ceremony, do you still give angbao to bride's bro? (One from groom, one from bride)
Yes, everything is $$. Many little sum adds up to one huge sum. Our Restaurant is charging us for the seat covers as well! Goodness!
28-02-2012 11:42 AM #8
Oh yah, I forgot about the Emcees. I gave to both of them before the banquet starts. As for the maid of honour/bestman aka brothers and sisters, it was covered by my parents and in-laws.
For the MUA, PG/VG and Banquet Mgr, they will not ask for it since they are the service line. It is given on a goodwill by couples.
For No. 9, the little boy (it was my nephew) will have to open the car door (the side where the bride sits) when I fetch the bride from her home and arriving at my house.
During tea ceremony, whether it is at the groom's/bride's, our stand was when they offered tea to us, then we will give them angbao (one from both of us). We do not give angbao specially to bride's brother.
For the charging of the seat covers, it should be included in the banquet package. At least for hotels, it does.
Try to bargain it off if u can.
By chanel in forum Wedding Planning TipsReplies: 36Last Post: Today, 04:40 PM
By bulldoze in forum Wedding Planning TipsReplies: 5Last Post: 04-12-2014, 05:21 PM
By PrincessCrystal in forum Wedding Planning TipsReplies: 25Last Post: 07-03-2014, 09:14 AM
By icequeen in forum Relationship MattersReplies: 46Last Post: 10-05-2012, 10:18 PM
By a1beng in forum Wedding Planning TipsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-10-2011, 02:56 PM