Need advice on arranging garden theme wedding at National Park to cater ard 30-50ppl

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member dolceverano is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Need advice on arranging garden theme wedding at National Park to cater ard 30-50ppl

I'm thinking of having a garden theme wedding at National Park to cater ard 30-50ppl. Probably will use venue at Botanic Garden, Fort Canning, Labrador Park or Hort Park. Besides the location, I need your advice on arranging other stuffs below and see if it's cheaper if I engange wedding planner instead. For example, Fort Gate at Fort Canning can be rented at $640/day, but besides that what is the best way to arrange items below by ourselves?
    1. Food Catering and table/seat arrangement
    2. Tent arrangement
    3. Audio system arrangement
    4. MC and live music
    5. Flowers
    6. Wedding invitation card
    7. Documentation (Videography and Photography)
    8. etc

Is having a wedding at the National Park is more expensive and troublesome than just having it at a hotel/restaurant?We are planning to get married ard Sept-Oct this year.

Thanks!

Senior Member melo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wedding planners charge between 2k - 4k per wedding. if you never did the arrangements before, i really recommend it because it's very stressful and you never know what you miss out. of course it's cheaper if you do it yourself but whether everything will go according as planned on the actual day is another thing, you can't be a one man show responsible for everything on your wedding.

Junior Member limbernie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If you have already planned how you want it to be, it should not be too difficult as the vendors will come in at your designated time. Most importantly, you should get a coordinator to follow up for you on actual day rather than all of them looking for you or your wife when both of you are so busy.

Member rosepetals is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    getting it done at NP, there will not be any wedding coordinators to help you. you have to do everything yourself. in that sense a restaurant is better because they have people to help out.

Junior Member SmiLeY is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Initially, thought of having my solemnization at National Park too cos it's something different from others & may save some cost. Browse thru nparks webby, realise it's "a-lar-carte", got to coordinate and piece everything together. Hortpark has a list of buffet & tentage vendors, prob you can check with them if they do for other parks as well. Very important to have bad weather contingency plan too. If you are the type who enjoys the planning process, you can go for it. It's definitely something worth working for...

Senior Member melo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    recommend u to get a wedding planner. they do many ROM weddings because a lot of coordination needed.

Member silverautumn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Wedding planners are really costly and it depends if you have the spare cash to spare.
    More importantly is to have a reliable friend you can engage to the coordinator on your wedding day.

Since you already have some ideas, why not DIY?
    I DIY my simple movie / cinematic wedding.

Although it may not be as professional as those you've engaged a wedding planner but it saves alot of money and all of our guests love the little details and theme as well.

Very much worth the effort.

You can refer to my blog post here for the things i've DIY.

http://soontobemrskeir.blogspot.com/...tic-movie.html

Senior Member carlise is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi silverautumn, nice diy you done there! i wish to diy too but i dont have the time. total how much did you spend on all the items?

Member silverautumn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by carlise View Post
    hi silverautumn, nice diy you done there! i wish to diy too but i dont have the time. total how much did you spend on all the items?
    hi thank you..i didn't really take note of the costs but total costs of those diy including printing costs of invites, posters and our postcards is way less than $500..should be $300-$400 i guess.
    managed to find a very reasonably priced printer who does the printing for all my marketing events too.