No Ang Baos for Helpers!

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member floralgateaux is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

No Ang Baos for Helpers!

Dear fellow podders,I just wanna rant here.. I just wen to a relative wedding n was a helper for the wedding. Guess wad, e couple conveniently forgot to give us e ang baos for helping out! I'm not after the money but I just feel that it's very inconsiderate n tactless of them.it's the thought that counts,even if they gave a pathetic amount, it's still better than not giving at all right? N e couple is quite well to do,holding e wedding at five star hotel,engaging those branded vendors.. anyways, just wanna vent my frustration coz I just find it so ridiculous..

Member eillyn216 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It's normal since as family members, we help out our relatives genuinely for their big day. It really doesn't matter whether there is angbao or not right? Unless you help out with the intention to get 'something' back in return, which I think is not what you are out for. So why be unhappy about not receiving it?

If they have given you a so called pathetic amount, you will probably rant about how pathetic is the amount and things like they might as well don't give etc. All in all, don't be frustrated, it's after all a happy event for your family!

Junior Member floralgateaux is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi AMeillyn216, thanks for ur reply.. Yes ur right. Of coz if it's immediate family, one will definitely not expect anything or any angbaos in return. It's not my immediate family member in this case. Anyways, my point is not about receiving the Ang baos.

Junior Member exxtreme is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    not that nice i feel. always good to have a token of appreciate to people =)

Member prettychic is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess it's better to give at least something to the one that helped in the wedding.