No kids allowed wedding... how?

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member lulu_SG is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

No kids allowed wedding... how?

Hi all!

I just want some advice on how can I make my wedding an adult only affair? I mean I don't want to have kids on my wedding running around and making it hard for everyone to be just in the moment. My family is quite big and there are lots of children since my siblings already have their own family. But we just feel that it is just that one day of our lives and we would love if this becomes really our day. However, we feel like we're being backed into a corner and the wedding is going to turn into a children's party. How am I going to politely tell everyone that there are no kids allowed on my wedding?

Junior Member SkylineLove is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    You can include it in your wedding invitations. in the part where you put how many seats you reserved for them. Only count the adults, don't include the kids in your count.

Junior Member LayraGrey is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think you can pass it on thru word of mouth.. but yeah you can also include it in your invitations.

Junior Member aubreyKaye is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think including this info to your invitation is quite rude. You can create your own wedding website though or an fb event page perhaps and put it there instead that you prefer not having kids on your wedding.

Junior Member Alicewan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Just give a gentle message to the parents to bring the child out if he/she starts crying

Junior Member aspenaspen is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If you really want it then you will have to put it through clearly. If you want to be nice and just hint, then be prepared for people who don't get it and still bring their children along. The word "prefer" or "not advised to" means you don't want it but you can't stop them, so people might still bring.

If you really want it to be a strict 'no', then maybe during RSVP you have to double check. And apologise for this decision because it can bring inconvenience to parents who need to make arrangements and find a place to put their children while they attend your wedding.

All the best!

Junior Member wintermelon is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Have you considered the idea of putting a kids area or kids table in your reception area, so all kids can play together and stay in one place? That can help too. If otherwise, you should be clear in your invitation or maybe in your wedding website that there are no kids allowed in your wedding.

Junior Member iskra is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Create a Facebook Event of your wedding and put all additional messages or anything you didn't include in your invitation, such as having no kids in your wedding.

Junior Member ngdihui is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Good advice, but if possible jus text to confirm that no one will bring kids.

Junior Member Lassy_15 is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah I agree. Just pass around a text message that you'd prefer a 'no kids' wedding. And if you do so, you may also want to be clear whether to have flower girls and kids ring and bible bearers. Any way, you can always go unconventional and let the adults bring the rings, bible and coin. It's not necessary to always let the kids bring them to the altar.

Junior Member Iamheart is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Be sure to get the word out there, because people tend to bring kids and uninvited pluses. Letting the know in advance will make sure to look for someone to look after their kids on your wedding day.