No pay leave to handle wedding preparations?

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Yanling is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

No pay leave to handle wedding preparations?

Hi brides, any of you took leave to handle your wedding preparations? i'm thinking of doing that now as preparations are getting underway, and preparing to move for the new house also. but now as we are spending so much money, i feel heartpain to take no pay leave just to settle these things. =/

how do you brides cope? and any of you took leave to handle it?

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Some company do have compassion leave right?
    I'm planning to use up my current entitled leave first and then ask my boss and if they allows, i will take compassion instead of no pay leave.
    Like what you said, heart pain.
    Preparation needs lots of time, so if everytime take no pay leave, it won't be a small amount. =(

Member germainetay is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    try squeeze in time to prepare during weekend or aft work? if realli cannot then take no pay leave. . .u can do research during lunch break or at night. . .unless it is realli the date coming then urgent then take. . .?

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i do that lor...main reason is to have the space to prepare myself lor...not just about the wedding coz what comes after that is for a lifetime! lifetime investment leh! hahah

Member retrodots is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i wud if i cud. sometimes ppl juz think it's a very weird thing to do. like a wedding shud be a snap so if everyone else can manage with their full time jobs, why shud it be any different? =/

Inactive Member samsmith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think one should try to communicate with their superiors at their workplace.

I do not think that any corporate world will refrain from granting leave for such a good auspicious in one's life. I think communication is the best option to get a proper leave.

Junior Member corrinemay is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    oh.. wedding preparations can keep you really busy. even if you hired a wedding planner/organizer, still you should be keeping track of the progress of the whole process.. in this case, it's kinda hard to work while your mind is set on your wedding..

Member blessedkiss is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yah i think you really have to take leave since you might not be able to concentrate on the wedding preparations if your body and mind is busy working. it's part of the sacrifice. after all, if everything goes well in the preparations, it will reflect on your wedding day