Is it normal to feel like your partner deserves someone better than you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Pigsie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Is it normal to feel like your partner deserves someone better than you?

I've been with my partner for quite a few years now and we are thinking of settling down. However, now and then, I tend to wonder if my partner deserves someone better than me. Someone more like his close girl friends or acquaintances that he admires (whether be it for personality or looks), someone who has a stronger character. I have a fear that in 20 years down the road or even less, he may regret his choice of being with me.

Member rosepetals is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hello pigsie, i felt that for the past 2 years that i was with my fiance. but he always tells me that i'm the best for him. i think instead of being insecure, we should try to see ourselves through his eyes and realize that we may be the best person for him after all. he should always reassure you that you are the best for him, does he do that?

Junior Member Pigsie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    have you managed to feel a bit more secure about your relationship after thinking that way? I guess my fiance does try to reassure me once in a while but at the same time he still does check out other girls when they walk past and being an extrovert, he gets close to really pretty/brilliantly smart women...

Member ladyinwhite is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    haha, do that to handsome guys and see how he react!

Member dinobaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi pigsie, if i were in your shoes i'll find it hard too, if my fiance was doing that. extroverts like to be around people, and if he still checks out ladies when they walk past, i'm afraid something may be up. has he said he wants to marry already?

Senior Member churvalo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i dont think so, unless if you are not yet married but if god bless you already in a sacrament of marriage no more worries just let that relationaship grow
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigsie View Post
    I've been with my partner for quite a few years now and we are thinking of settling down. However, now and then, I tend to wonder if my partner deserves someone better than me. Someone more like his close girl friends or acquaintances that he admires (whether be it for personality or looks), someone who has a stronger character. I have a fear that in 20 years down the road or even less, he may regret his choice of being with me.

Senior Member snowy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    don't feel that way, he wants to marry you right? since he's made the decision, don't doubt it.

Junior Member Jazed is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Well.. It depends on you and So personality. I had been with an extrovert guy before. Gosh what a mistake! Constantly busy with friends. After meeting with me can immediately go out to meet with his friends. But never had he said he wanted to settle down with me. Lucky I met my SO. our personality just click and he always told me I'm the best one for him. This year going ROM =). So dont worry too much ok. sometimes doubts can destroy a perfectly gd r/s. have confidence with yourself

Member butterflies is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    if he's taking too long to propose then something must be wrong, my friend's bf had committment issues. but wasted because my friend is already 27 years old. pity for females.

Junior Member roundabout is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Pigsie! I must agree with what snowy said. I mean, your partner is thinking to marry you. So you must be the most special girl in his life. Someone who is MORE than "his close girl friends or acquaintances" that you were referring to. There are many girls there but he chose YOU. You're the best for him!

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigsie View Post
    have you managed to feel a bit more secure about your relationship after thinking that way? I guess my fiance does try to reassure me once in a while but at the same time he still does check out other girls when they walk past and being an extrovert, he gets close to really pretty/brilliantly smart women...
    hi Pigsie maybe I should explain a little about guys, looking for a gf and looking for a wife is different. A gf can be super pretty and smart but he may not want her as his wife as she maybe high maintenance and may not suit him in the long run. If a guy chose a gal base on her looks 20 years down the road he will run cos her beauty will be gone.

Member xhenrietta is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you heard what they said. be confident in yourself. & Trust him

Junior Member elohz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Cheer up girl! He wont be marrying you if he thinks he deserves better than you. Each one of us has a unique character that the person we love sees, i'm sure he sees something on you that anybody on his friends does not have.

Member lovehearts is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i feel that too. there are times when my insecurities get the better of me and i feel that i'm not good enough. good thing my hubby knows me well and assures me he would never be happier with anyone but me.

Member romantica is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i guess that's just normal. most of us girls feel like that every time we see our partner with another girl and realize that they look good together.