Now that you are married...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member mellowhearts is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Now that you are married...

Hi dears, just thought I'll start a thread for those of us who are already married. The wedding is the start of a lifetime together and I'm sure we all can do with journey companions as we begin our married lives together!

So while I guess there are some of us who are still brides-to-be, there may be some of us who are already wives? Do share interesting experiences/ challenges/ queries so we can all continue to support one another post-wedding!

Junior Member Diananeo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi mellowhearts, im happy to finally finish the wedding actually. it's such a relief to get everything over and done. My advice to brides is to make sure that you enjoy the process and try not to be overwhelmed by everything. Take time to record down the things that you had to do for your wedding, be it in a blog, journal or something. it's very nice to read through past entries and see all the things you had gone through.

mia
    Junior Member mia is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hm challenges? currently MIL and FIL KEEP asking us when we will have a baby.. havent even marry yet ask already, i cant imagine how bad it will be after we are married!

Member dinobaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it's all the moving and renovation, moving to our new house is so tiring!

Member rainne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    married life is gonna be quite different from dating life I think.. where u get to really see all the quirky habits of your SO haha

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think i've seen and used to most of my htb's bad or weird habits :X soo much that i think i picked up a couple of them, and he picked up a couple of mine! haha

Junior Member julieswong is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    not married yet, but living together and habits kinda start surfacing!

Senior Member carlise is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    i think i've seen and used to most of my htb's bad or weird habits :X soo much that i think i picked up a couple of them, and he picked up a couple of mine! haha
    that's usually the case. couples tend to rub off each other.

Junior Member Nicole8888 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am getting married this dec. More conflicts will sparks off especially when both live together. All the good n bad habits will reveal lol.

Member Enigma1612 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I suppose it takes one to know one.. all the unknown habits that you didnt know abt your partner is magnified and replayed daily everyday until you either got to educate him or get used to it to improve the situation especially if the methods of doing things vary vastly.. Its quite a nightmare.. after having known someone for a significant no of years n then to know some nasty things.. but it would tie over within a period

Senior Member churvalo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i will when i get married in the near future hehehh

Junior Member divid20 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes both of two know about the good and bad habits and try to maintain a good relation.
    In married life some problems occur but you must keep your patience and solve them politely.

Junior Member sepiafeathers is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    most impt thing to us after we started living tgtr is communication. we talk abt how we feel abt each's other habits. e.g. i hate it when hb sleeps on bed when he comes home w/o showering but after reminding him and talking abt it, things are getting better

Junior Member vynara is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi mellowhearts, thanks for starting this thread. Great idea!

So far one challenge I've faced is the I got pressured to be the "good housewife"... You know, as someone's wife I should wash his clothes, do housework, cook for him, etc. I don't disagree with all that, but the thing is I am working full time and there are no plans for me to quit or switch to part-time anytime soon. So, I felt it was unreasonable to expect me to fulfil the responsibilities of a typical stay-at-home housewife when I am working and contributing to the household financially as we'll. How come after a day's work, I have to do laundry and prepare tomorrow's breakfast, when my husband can just watch TV and go to sleep... And yet every month when the bills comes, I am expected to pay!

Any wife feeling the same as me?!

Senior Member blur blur gal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by vynara View Post
    Hi mellowhearts, thanks for starting this thread. Great idea!

So far one challenge I've faced is the I got pressured to be the "good housewife"... You know, as someone's wife I should wash his clothes, do housework, cook for him, etc. I don't disagree with all that, but the thing is I am working full time and there are no plans for me to quit or switch to part-time anytime soon. So, I felt it was unreasonable to expect me to fulfil the responsibilities of a typical stay-at-home housewife when I am working and contributing to the household financially as we'll. How come after a day's work, I have to do laundry and prepare tomorrow's breakfast, when my husband can just watch TV and go to sleep... And yet every month when the bills comes, I am expected to pay!

Any wife feeling the same as me?!
    I feel such housework should be split bet hubby and wife as if the wife also need to contribute to household expenses since she is working, why cant the housework be shared with the hubby.
    For myself, my hubby help to take dishes for me to eat, helped me to prepare Milo everyday and take breakfast out for me to eat, helped me to take out the washed clothes to shine but i also have to be "auto" to help to wash the dishes left in the sink and clean the room.
    Talk to your hubby in managing the expectation.