Number of people for your event

pinnpinn

Will you report lesser people who are going to the event to the hotel representative? Let say, you invited 60 but only tell the hotel that 55 are going? (Cost is calculated per pax)

I know hotel will say its not possible. But is there a way that they wont know? I think they wont know anyway right? They cant possibly count everyone. (Unless they know when everyone is seated and realize that there are not enough seats :p)

Am just thinking way to cut cost!

tracylim

Hahaha they will know de! I think they got count the people per table one lor later they see extra seats they charge it to your bill without you knowing lol.. but actually some hotels you can say invite 60 with 1 as spare table inclusive so this way if not enough people turn out to fill that 1 table you can close it so then that table cost won't be counted to your bill.

pinnpinn

Mine is the buffet kind, so maybe not all will eat? Or maybe they will eat but they wont sit down. So... wont know mah. Haha.

At most I say I dont know there are extra people coming because they nv inform us they are bringing additional pax etc etc?

rojak

for hotel, they definitely know the number of people because they need to set up the number of cutlery sets+chairs for your guests. An option is to inform the hotel which are children and thus should not be counted towards the final head count, since children do not eat much, so no extra food needs to be prepared for them.

pinnpinn

Yup. Children below 4 will be complimentary. 12 and below will be 75%. Am trying not to invite too many kids! But we'll see how it goes

romantica

I actually tell them an estimated number of people that will come so that they can prepare if there'll be more people coming. :)