Orchard Hotel Singapore - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member nailus is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi,

Does anyone know what's the min number of tables for Orchard Hotel's weekend lunch? (I'm planning for below 20 tables..)

Thx!

Member rainne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi nailus, Orchard Hotel is min 25 tables for ballroom 3, thats their min for all 3 ballrooms I believe.

Junior Member sugar01 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all,

how's the 'sound' proof from the partition? Since ballroom 1,2 & 3 are so closely tgt, will it be very noisy that the other ballroom can hear?

Junior Member taurusrider is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar01 View Post
    Hi all,

how's the 'sound' proof from the partition? Since ballroom 1,2 & 3 are so closely tgt, will it be very noisy that the other ballroom can hear?
    Hihi, I will be having my wedding there this coming Dec, and from what I observed during my visit to the ballrooms before I signed my package, the ballrooms is quite 'soundproof' (considering I was in the ballroom 1 + 2, and there are a bunch of guests outside, and another event going on in an adjacent ballroom). Hope this helps.

Junior Member venuspeh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, do you guys know if Orchard Hotel offers Lunch banquet as well?

Member samson smith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by poshberries View Post
    Hi, I have attended wedding dinner @Orchard Hotel previously and the ambience is excellent. Their grand ballroom have high ceilings and it is very spacious. One of the nicest ballrooms I have seen in Singapore, including some other good ones will be Novotel Clarke Quay, Concorde Hotel, Furama Riverfront, Grand Waterfront Corpthorne, Fairmont Singapore etc. The service in Orchard Hotel is good, foodwise is fine, just that it is not too accessible. Need a little bit of walking distance to the nearest MRT.

FYI, Orchard Hotel has an excellent chinese restaurant called Hua Ting, a very famous one with several culinary awards. You can find out more info about Hua Ting in the internet. Their main chefs will be the official cooks and caterer for the whole dinner event. This info was provided by my bf's sis because she has recently just confirmed her wedding dinner with Orchard Hotel 2 weeks ago. And she is pleased with their service and overall experience. Hope this helps. Thanks!
    I agreed!! Orchard Hotel in Singapore is one of the best hotel for wedding dinner.

Junior Member momokoh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Any photos to share of the Ballrooms at Orchard Hotel?

Junior Member donaldlovedaisy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    hey poshberries, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the info,i will call up the co-ord.

hi tjw, congrats on your wedding! have you chosen your wedding date? you can see orchard hotel's latest wedding package for 2011 and 2012 here: http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums...11-2012-a-198/. it shows you their banquet menu and all their wedding banquet details. hope it helps!
    Thanks for the info!

Junior Member donaldlovedaisy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    hey poshberries, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the info,i will call up the co-ord.

hi tjw, congrats on your wedding! have you chosen your wedding date? you can see orchard hotel's latest wedding package for 2011 and 2012 here: http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums...11-2012-a-198/. it shows you their banquet menu and all their wedding banquet details. hope it helps!
    Thanks for the info!

Junior Member miyuki0 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Orchard Hotel wedding dinner how is it?

Hi,

any1 been to orchard hotel's wedding dinner or hold their banquet there?
    how is the service, food etc?

Junior Member sparky96 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi! Been doing some research on the hotel.high ceiling, long march in are the pros of their ballroom.. However think the lobby is quite old... Thinking of making a trip down to recce..

Junior Member stanmysterio is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    upz for activation................thanks

Junior Member sl22 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Exclamation If you are holding your wedding banquet @ Orchard Hotel.. Beware and take note

Hi guys,

would like to share my experience with all of you out there so you will know what kind of service standards orchard hotel provides. If anyone can provide me their higher management Email i would appreciate it a lot!

my wife and i just hold our wedding on 19th May 2013. Initially all went well with friendly manager and lots of promises that the event will go on smoothly BUT what i have gone thru is terrible and the below will summaries why

- During 2nd course shark fin serving, there is housefly in their shark fin bowl. the best part is the service staff ask my guest is they want to change to complimentary fruits.. even if i eat a bowl of fishball noodle whih cost only $2.50 at a hawker center, they will also change the whole bowl right?

- their complimentary red wines per table completely depleted during 4th course when most of my guest drink hard liquor/beer/soft drinks. They will keep pressing you to open red wines from them even though you say NO!

- their services is lousy to the max! No refill of soft drinks and most of my guests need to wait for more then 30mins to get a refill. Initial promises is that their service staff will keep refilling and they are very professional

- My General manager which attended my wedding needs to get his own utensil from the side because they did not give enough bowls for dessert.

- the event is totally under staff. seems like they want maximize their profits and their staffs are totally new with no knowledge of what service is all about as they cannot even serve shark fin properly, my guests table have full of shark fin dripping around the tables instead of serving bowls

- things are not properly done up and arrange before the cocktail @ 7pm. i have to personally go around checking to make sure the chopsticks are of the same shape before they are willing to do something. this has been highlighted during the food tasting and yet i need to do it myself!

- their "VIP bridal" rooms i got to change my security access key 4 times! and the best part is that 3rd set of keys can still be use after being voided! what security is there? all my valuables are in the hotel room.

- the security door takes more then 10 seconds to lock.. totally no sense of security and i got to wait and make sure the door is lock during my 2nd march in. totally insane.

- In the morning i call the call centre to order my breakfast. during the 1st call they says that breakfast will be serve in my room and ask what i would want which is nice, 2 mins later after i have decided they says that i need to pay for it! i will need to go to the lobby which is complimentary and the breakfast is till 11am. thereafter when i am at the lobby they says the breakfast is only till 10am and i got to go up to 17th flr to enjoy my breakfast thus i went up and found out that their signature club is actually 18th flr and not 17th. when i finally got up there they says that the breakfast ended at 1030am! totally bad communication and all their information is not in sync. they made my wife and i run around their hotel for 45min for nothing.

- After that i called room service and ask them to assist on the Boncafe machine in my room. very politely they says that their will get me some assistance. to my surprise more than 3 senior staffs came to my room and no one knew how to operate the Boncafe espresso machine!

During my check out with all the incident occurring starting since my wedding dinner they still have the cheek to tell me that they are wondering if they should waive off 3 tables or the service charges thus they go ahead with the waiver of 3 tables because i can get back a few hundred bucks more.

If they are really sincere and sorry about all the trouble they have cause they should have included the waiver of service charges as well!! totally spoil my whole evening and morning thus i really would want to share this with all the bride to be / groom to be out there not to trust whatever they says before as it will never be delivered. its all empty promises.

If you have already book and sign on the dotted line then i will really reckon that you handle all things and make sure they will deliver if not make them resign another contract for waiver etc if this things happen... i am totally disappointed and i am still trying to get their management email to write in a complaint with the NEA officer email address on the housefly incident. hope i will be able to get some assistance with anyone in this forum to give me the info if you have.. thanks!

Member cinnamoroll is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I have visited Orchard Hotel for a recce and their service is bad.

Member abigail is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    oh my! Orchard Hotel is one of my options for my wedding banquet venue.. Good thing I've read about this .. Maybe I should scruff them off my list. :\