Package or ala carte?

karrachelle

Hi All,

Am wondering whether i shd go for a wedding package or ala carte and what are the pros and cons.. Appreciate some advice! thanks!

onejett

I took the package, but I told them, I don't want any makeup artist and photography from the bridal boutiques, neither do I want their bouquet/corsages/decor. They gave me more outfits instead.

That's because I have chosen my own photographer, make-up artists and flower shop for my bouquet/corsages/floral decor.

Not a fan of bridal boutique photography, most of the time, it really doesn't look good and the editing of the pictures made it worse, hence the album doesn't turn out wow also. Pictures are meant to be timeless, one month past your wedding and you look at the pics again and you don't like it, that to me would be disastrous.

I trust professional photography house like Lightedpixels, TinyDot, One Eye Click etc.

I guess most Brides to be took a package because it is convenient.

If you really know what you want and don't fancy the boutiques-cheesy-style-of-photography&album, then you may want to go ala-carte (which is usually ultra expensive, I was quoted by a boutique, one actual day gown, ala-carte at $2,500 and above). Otherwise, take package, tell them what you don't want and negotiate for other thing you need (like more outfits?)

Hope this helps! =)

karrachelle

Hi there, Thks so much for the comprehensive reply. Am understanding it a bit better alr. Yeah i think the photography bit is very impt hence I hv decided to choose my own. correct me if I am wrong, what u r saying is tt I can still go to a bridal studio n ask for a package but excl the photog n they will still charge the package price but throw in other things to 'replace' the photog?

onejett

You're right! Such packaging works only I think in Tanjong Pagar bridal shops that have in-house photography. If you go to high-end boutiques like those in Delfi Orchard, they do not have photography package.

Since you do not need the photography, go for "Actual Day Package" which usually includes 1WG, 1EG, 2 SUITS, makeup artist, car decor + bouquet.

My experience is that I asked for photoshoot/outdoor gowns, to replace all those makeup/floral that i don't. However, the photoshoot/outdoor gowns were usually the old gowns, torn, tattered, fugly.. Make sure that they show you the photoshoot gowns too, not just the actual day gowns, should you want such a package.

Hi there, Thks so much for the comprehensive reply. Am understanding it a bit better alr. Yeah i think the photography bit is very impt hence I hv decided to choose my own. correct me if I am wrong, what u r saying is tt I can still go to a bridal studio n ask for a package but excl the photog n they will still charge the package price but throw in other things to 'replace' the photog?

poxie

we chose ala carte. it's easier with ala carte since you can choose good people, unlike in packages.

eillyn216

I go for 100% ala carte!! Been enjoying sourcing different people for the different services needed :D Quite an experience really!!

bunnylove

i choose the package so that you won't be having a hard time choosing shops and stores for different services, a bridal shop can handle photog, MUA, etc.

primrose

I choose ala carte too. We did not get the MUA from the bridal shop since my friend is a good MUA. We can save more that way.

primrose

i would go for package to save time and effort in looking for people who will give you these services. you pay for one and everything is included.