Pre-wedding honeymoon with photoshoot or After wedding honeymoon?

Julie

hello btbs, there are many overseas pre-wedding photography packages now, where you can go overseas, take your pre-wed photos and go on a 'holiday' at the same time. Can this actually be considered as a honeymoon instead of post-wedding? The actual meaning of honeymoon is post-wedding, but i think taking wedding photos overseas while going on 'holiday' is so much better.

What do you ladies think, is it appropriate to go for honeymoon+pre-wedding photoshoot b4 wedding? Or have a normal photoshoot then go for honeymoon after? (abit impossible to go for both because of costs, it will be x2 lol)

xiaoyan

for me i'm going taiwan for my photoshoot..i think i will treat that as a honeymoon already. hahas... since i'm going for my shoot at the same time a form of holiday i think there's not really a need for 'honeymoon' after customary for me..there's always chance to do so? like the logic of everyday valentine and couple going oversea alone as honeymoon :) does any other BTBs have their own idea? :)

starryz

haha but a wedding photoshoot in taiwan can be very tiring, i heard from a friend that of all the 4 days she went there they had no time to enjoy as it is taking pics all day at different places. maybe you can try extend a few days after the photoshoot to enjoy your honeymoon hee :tongue:

xiaoyan

i will plan to stay around 8days or so on..to collect album as well as 'honeymoon' hahas..starryz what about you?

starryz

mm sounds good! :) I am planning to go to the bahamas. The lifestyle there is so much more relaxing than sg and i love marine life, swimming with the dolphins and fishes =p

sandals-bahamas-rb-room1.jpg bahamas-sandals.jpg bimini-bahamas-dolphin-swim.jpg

Last edited:

ashygal

haha bahamas is my dream destination also. but i may go to europe instead cos SO is scared of water.. LOL

June Ng

given to the busy schedule of life that we are all having, its not really nice n recommendable to go on long AL one after another.

for me, i will be gg for photoshootings in TW in Nov go on for pre-honeymoon. from taipei to other parts of TW. wld b there probably 7-10days. a good itinery is needed and communication with the bridal shop so as nt to have any delays/cork up.

and once awhile, lookout for those cheap deals to nearby place like bintan, bali, batam, msia for a short getaway over the weekends can b v sweet too! no need to invest large amount and go on long holiday at a go and then work like mad for the rest of the year! (but of cos, probably on some memorable year/day/occasion, invest a good deal for a long one wld b nice too.)

anniesfaith

Getting married in Singapore is sooo expensive. Ordinary people like me, if i get to go Taiwan for photoshoot and spend another 2 to 3 days there, considered very good already.

After wedding, all of us will turn poor again. Give some time to save up abit before go for holiday lah.

To me, i feel... marriage is a life-time thingy. It is perfectly fine if you go honeymoon anytime. And as long as both person go holiday together, it is considered a honeymoon mah! Tio bo?

Hehehs..

PrincessCrystal

i am going taiwan for my shoot but before my shoot i be there for 6days for a short trip and after the shoot will stay another 2 more nights so total 11 days at taiwan. planning to go europe in Feb 2012 for honeymoon after our AD in Jan 2012

melo

confirm need to go for pre-wedding photoshoot, because you have to display your photos during the wedding. after wedding that one is optional

casslin

go for shorter shoots at nearby places like bintan, bali, desaru for honeymoon shoot.. The places are nice and bringing a photographer over will be cheaper too.. I think for Bintan and Desaru can complete the shoot in a day.. just need to pay for the return ferry tickets for PG and assistant :p

Cleopatra

hi btbs,
Anyone has experience going Europe for prewedding photoshoot + holiday? How do you bring your gowns ard while you tour ard in Europe?

TIA!

candi999

Hi!
We are taking our pre-wedding photos 2012 in Rome/Italy. I'm looking for a hairdresser and makeup artist from Italy. Can anybody help? I found only this, her name is Janita Helova and from the pictures she seems like a real professional. Just wondering if somebody have use her? Thanks!

blur blur gal

yes taking PS in twn is v tiring that i have sunburn and legs pain..we stayed in twn for 8days so we treated it as pre-honeymoon though everyday we shopped and travelled a lot that once we rch hotel bath n slp soundly le.

wedtobe

Looking for another couple to share cost for an oversea pre-wedding shoot in August 2012. Photographer and Make up artist included in the package. Interest parties, please email me at moblessed88@hotmail.com for more information.